Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC//Rapids Preview

Rapids All Access: Preview of Saturday's Match at Toronto

Check out how they give us props for the Best Atmosphere in ALL of MLS!!

But then they go and crap on our turf!! WTF!!

http://www.coloradorapids.com/FanCenter/AudioVideo.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to see they are already worried about the field and the fans. psychological advantage TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be interesting with all of our missing players due to "International duties." What is the status with the Rapids? Are they missing anyone for this game? COME ON YOU REDS!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Junky View Post
    This will be interesting with all of our missing players due to "International duties." What is the status with the Rapids? Are they missing anyone for this game? COME ON YOU REDS!!!
    They will be missing 1 defender and Pablo, their star midfielder.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also missing there starting keeper Bounda who is one of the better keepers in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The use of BMO has turf as an excuse is getting really old. Further, I think that because of our imposing atmosphere, teams are coming in playing not to lose as opposed to playing to win. When the former occurs, expect disaster. I think it's also part of the problem for us away, we're focused on trying not to lose instead of trying to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are missing Erpen apparently as well.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is sounding more and more promising for us, against a team that has a pretty good "Away" record.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not as much talk of this game with all the Euro on. Myself I'm looking forward to another battle of the b teams to keep crawling up the table. Tickets seem hard to get at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THe coach clearly states that they will be lean and inexperinced... My guess is that the game will develop much like the galaxy game. THanks to Carver (And I guess MO) we are now capable of fielding a decent side even when half the team is god only knows where. I mean a break out gam,e from Rickets and RObert could prove to be more than enough, and Cuni's foing to get #100