Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    That is an ugly looking stadium to be built in Hamilton. I know it will be a stadium for the Ticats mainly,however, why do we keep building these ugly looking stadiums here in Canada. Have a look at some of these new stadium being built in Europe and how much more appealing they are. Why the open ends, why not enclose the whole stadium, have seats right around the stadium. Do we not have any people with any creativity here in Canada when it comes to stadiums?
    It actually is not bad. They are not straight on stands, they wrap around/curve. And one end is actually open, the other is closed.
    Have a second look. The yellow section looks like it will be bleacher seating and the open end is where the scoreboard is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    That is an ugly looking stadium to be built in Hamilton. I know it will be a stadium for the Ticats mainly,however, why do we keep building these ugly looking stadiums here in Canada. Have a look at some of these new stadium being built in Europe and how much more appealing they are. Why the open ends, why not enclose the whole stadium, have seats right around the stadium. Do we not have any people with any creativity here in Canada when it comes to stadiums?
    It's due to sightlines. In a track stadium the viewing distances from the ends are terrible. Same thing applies to most CFL stadiums due to the extra long field and extra long end zones. If you only need 30,000 seats then you put them where the best views are. No point putting seats where they won't sell. Soccer stadiums are built more uniformly because the ends offer good views.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once they build the second deck for the opposing stand it will look much better. Also, these sketches seem very preliminary ... I would not expect the finishing product to be like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    why did Mississauga get screwed out of this?
    Better question is: why did Brampton get screwed out of this? Our tax dollars are going to be wasted on this 3rd rate sporting event without any return to our city. But then again, we are used to of our money going towards Toronto and Mississauga without any returns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Better question is: why did Brampton get screwed out of this? Our tax dollars are going to be wasted on this 3rd rate sporting event without any return to our city. But then again, we are used to of our money going towards Toronto and Mississauga without any returns.
    Brampton gets wrestling. It wasn't totally screwed.
    Besides, Brampton is a true shit hole anyway.
    Half the size of Mississauga. If any new facilities would come Missy should get them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I see in the bid book it seems Lamport is out as a venue which kinda surprises me. Yet a new field hockey facility is being build on the U of T grounds (where I don't know) seating 5,000.
    Fuck that sucks, Mississauga sure could use a stadium of that size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Brampton gets wrestling. It wasn't totally screwed.
    Besides, Brampton is a true shit hole anyway.
    Half the size of Mississauga. If any new facilities would come Missy should get them.
    Brampton is a shit hole? Last time I remember, Malton was located in Mississauga not Brampton.

Currently, Brampton has about 500,000 people while Mississauga has about 700,000. However, Brampton has one of highest average annual growth rate in Canada.

Anyway, where exactly in Brampton is this wrestling event going to take place at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Powerade Centre ... but I agree with boban ... Brumpton is getting more than its fair share of events ... Mississauga is the one being left out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Powerade Centre ... but I agree with boban ... Brumpton is getting more than its fair share of events ... Mississauga is the one being left out.
    What? Brampton is only getting one event without any money to build a stadium for it. How exactly is that getting it's fair share?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mississauga isn't getting any money to build new stadium either. Plus why do you want money to build another arena when Powerade Centre already exists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mississauga isn't getting any money to build new stadium either. Plus why do you want money to build another arena when Powerade Centre already exists.
    because it is hockey stadium located old side of Brampton. We need a stadium in new (north east ) Brampton. Besides, you guys already have Hershey Centre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone else noticed the massive media hypocrisy surrounding this? Remember Dave Perkins' relentless campaign against the construction of BMO Field. Now the Hamilton Ti-Cats are getting a free stadium and he doesn't have any problem with that. He even wrote a piece in the Star today about how all these facilities are exactly what the province needs even though most of them will sit empty afterwards. He even managed to take a shot at MLSE. Then there's Bobo McClown who isn't saying boo about the Ti-Cats getting a free stadium with government money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Brampton is only getting one event without any money to build a stadium for it. How exactly is that getting it's fair share?
    You just proved my point.
    Brampton is not important in the scheme of the GTA.
    Mississauga is twice its size plus way more linked to Toronto.
    Mississauga is waay more in need of an outdoor stadium than Brampton.

But in any event, both cities should have at least one 3,500 seater (Miss 2) already - regardless of these Games. This is the screw up of both municipalities and its private sector.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Canuck View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the massive media hypocrisy surrounding this? Remember Dave Perkins' relentless campaign against the construction of BMO Field. Now the Hamilton Ti-Cats are getting a free stadium and he doesn't have any problem with that. He even wrote a piece in the Star today about how all these facilities are exactly what the province needs even though most of them will sit empty afterwards. He even managed to take a shot at MLSE. Then there's Bobo McClown who isn't saying boo about the Ti-Cats getting a free stadium with government money.
    To be fair the Ti-Cats are not getting a free stadium either.
    The stadium calls for a capacity of 15,000.
    Mr. Ti-Cat owner will have to fund the stadium to bring it to a min 27,000 for the CFL team. He will have to come up with about $50M from what I read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to knock Brampton, but it only grew b/c Mississauga ran out of room, same with Milton, same with north oakville.

Mississauga has 3/4 mill residents, and WELL over a million people in it during work hours.

has 4 highways, an airport, lakefront, great shopping, 2 hospitals and a well diversified population

i dont think Mississauga is the the greatest city ever, but it can survive on its own if it had to with 50 to 50 job to people ratio and has a real transit plan in the works (not that i think it will work well until Toronto and Mississauga get on the same page)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just proved my point.
    Brampton is not important in the scheme of the GTA.
    Mississauga is twice its size plus way more linked to Toronto.
    Mississauga is waay more in need of an outdoor stadium than Brampton.

But in any event, both cities should have at least one 3,500 seater (Miss 2) already - regardless of these Games. This is the screw up of both municipalities and its private sector.
    How so? What are you guys planning to do with it? Brampton needs stadium for soccer (Brampton Lions?) and cricket (Brampton cricket league).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not to knock Brampton, but it only grew b/c Mississauga ran out of room, same with Milton, same with north oakville.

Mississauga has 3/4 mill residents, and WELL over a million people in it during work hours.

has 4 highways, an airport, lakefront, great shopping, 2 hospitals and a well diversified population

i dont think Mississauga is the the greatest city ever, but it can survive on its own if it had to with 50 to 50 job to people ratio and has a real transit plan in the works (not that i think it will work well until Toronto and Mississauga get on the same page)
    No, Brampton got big because City of Toronto run out major businesses to Brampton where they don't tax businesses a lot like City of Toronto does. We got hospitals, a lake and even more diversified population than Mississauga (non-whites make up majority of Brampton population now). Let's not forget a lot of famous people that come from Brampton to boot about.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How so? What are you guys planning to do with it? Brampton needs stadium for soccer (Brampton Lions?) and cricket (Brampton cricket league).
    and you wonder why Brampton .....
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair the Ti-Cats are not getting a free stadium either.
    The stadium calls for a capacity of 15,000.
    Mr. Ti-Cat owner will have to fund the stadium to bring it to a min 27,000 for the CFL team. He will have to come up with about $50M from what I read.

Not the case. The city of Hamilton is on the hook for $50 million needed to boost it to CFL capacity.

"Today we party; tomorrow we look at next steps," he said.

Those "next steps" include finding the additional $50 million the city needs to take the 15,000-seat Pan Am stadium to 25,000 seats to house the Ticats after the Games, acquiring property for the stadium, and fast-tracking plans for a rapid transit (RT) line.

http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/668366

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use the stadium for regional HS game (homecomings), finals, track events, also Toronto Croatia, maybe even Serbian White Eagles.
    That goes nothing to say about single events.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    and you wonder why Brampton .....
    What are you trying to say here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary Canuck View Post
    Not the case. The city of Hamilton is on the hook for $50 million needed to boost it to CFL capacity.

"Today we party; tomorrow we look at next steps," he said.

Those "next steps" include finding the additional $50 million the city needs to take the 15,000-seat Pan Am stadium to 25,000 seats to house the Ticats after the Games, acquiring property for the stadium, and fast-tracking plans for a rapid transit (RT) line.

http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/668366
    Oh I am aware of the city involvement. I never said Hamilton City is not pitching in. But that is public money.
    There will be private money needed to make the Ti-Cats fit.
    Mr. Young did say they will contribute, plus add in other private money (naming rights for 1).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you trying to say here?
    Refer to my previous post.
    'It's a shit hole' buddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Less white people does not mean it is more diverse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refer to my previous post.
    'It's a shit hole' buddy.
    How exactly does having a cricket league (that actually develop players for our provincial and national teams) make a city a shithole? Like I said before, you guys have malton. nuff said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because it is hockey stadium located old side of Brampton. We need a stadium in new (north east ) Brampton. Besides, you guys already have Hershey Centre.
    We have Hershey Centre and you have Powerade ... why do you guys need another arena and stadium more than us again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How exactly does having a cricket league (that actually develop players for our provincial and national teams) make a city a shithole? Like I said before, you guys have malton. nuff said!
    I'm not sure where this cricket stuff is coming from but Malton is pretty much like Brampton ... if you think that Malton is shit, you can't have a good opinion about Brampton either.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have Hershey Centre and you have Powerade ... why do you guys need another arena and stadium more than us again?
    Because guys you dont have a cricket league that actually develop players for our provincial and national teams.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why did Mississauga get screwed out of this?
    not totally screwed, we got 10 pin bowling at the classic bowl!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smuttynose View Post
    not totally screwed, we got 10 pin bowling at the classic bowl!
    LOL.
    You saw that too eh?