Default Onward! - Toxic

"And in the end ... "

http://onwardsoccer.com/?p=1759

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely one of your best pieces, Ben.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice article.

I think security would tell Cunny to clean out his locker. I have no idea what he would do with a desk.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

couldn't agree more with it Ben!

thank you
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one note is that while it is Mo's responsibility to get the best possible players on the field, it is ALSO his responsibility to identify the players that would provide the right mix of interests.....clearly he has not done that.....

not the coach's job, and certainly not the captain's......Jimmy's responsibility is to rally the guys, but if it is flawed from the beginning, then there's not much he can do.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    ......Jimmy's responsibility is to rally the guys, but if it is flawed from the beginning, then there's not much he can do.....
    the match after Carver left, Jimmy gave a big talk in the pre game huddle, and all the team, bench guys and trainers were involved. Whatever he said, it looked like it was working AND they won that game. He can only do so much, like you said, but was he doing all he could? And did he continue to do all he could as the season moved along? Impossible for us to say for sure, but from the results, it looks like the team was without leadership from the coach or the captain.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    one note is that while it is Mo's responsibility to get the best possible players on the field, it is ALSO his responsibility to identify the players that would provide the right mix of interests.....clearly he has not done that.....

I have very little patience for professionals not acting like professionals. These aren't children, they take the job, they sign the contract, they should be professional about it.

Of course, I realize that's rarely the case.

Still Carver always claimed that he handled the trials, so the coach does have some input identifying the players who will fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    the match after Carver left, Jimmy gave a big talk in the pre game huddle, and all the team, bench guys and trainers were involved. Whatever he said, it looked like it was working AND they won that game. He can only do so much, like you said, but was he doing all he could? And did he continue to do all he could as the season moved along? Impossible for us to say for sure, but from the results, it looks like the team was without leadership from the coach or the captain.
    fair enough......I am just of the belief that everything starts at the top....and aside from that, there are other characters in the TFC locker room (DeRo, Robbo for example) who could rally the troops just as well....just saying that responsibility doesn't totally fall on Jimmy.

perhaps the bigger problem was Cummins.....from the post NYRB squak, it became pretty evident he was gone this season regardless of what happened......kinda hard to work hard at your job when you don't care for it....

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    I have very little patience for professionals not acting like professionals. These aren't children, they take the job, they sign the contract, they should be professional about it.

Of course, I realize that's rarely the case.

Still Carver always claimed that he handled the trials, so the coach does have some input identifying the players who will fit.
    as do I, but........it is what it is......and its not something restricted to sports....Carver may have handled the trials, but surely Mo was alongside with him and had the final word.....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All we really know fior sure about Jimmy is that he was the only one to come out and say that there wasn't any poison in the dressing room. Mo denied knowing anything about anything, but that's not quite the same thing (and no surprise either frankly).

So, did Jimmy deny it because as captain he has been playing peace broker all season and had he not done so things could have become far worse than they did?

Or did he deny it because he was siding as much one way or the other as anyone else in that room but didn't want to be labelled for it , being cap'n and all?

Or does he just genuinely think it's all a bit overblown and everything will be fine next season even if the squad is largely the same?

I hope it's A, but who really knows.

Interesting stat on Dichio starting and TWICE AS MANY GOALS being scored. It was obvious how much he brought to the team when he was playing. The way he was treated by this club will rankle with me forever. I'd rather have released Barrett (what the fuck has he done for the team since Danny was sidelined?!) and got nothing in return for him while we paid his wages off than see Danny treated the way he was.

Shameful, fucking shameful. Had they kept him on, then we would have made the play offs for certain. Someway, somehow, he'd have won us the final home game. And what price Dichio socring a late winner in the home leg of the play off tie?

Legend TFC personified. Way to treat him MLSE, that was classy.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    All we really know fior sure about Jimmy is that he was the only one to come out and say that there wasn't any poison in the dressing room. Mo denied knowing anything about anything, but that's not quite the same thing (and no surprise either frankly).

So, did Jimmy deny it because as captain he has been playing peace broker all season and had he not done so things could have become far worse than they did?

Or did he deny it because he was siding as much one way or the other as anyone else in that room but didn't want to be labelled for it , being cap'n and all?

Or does he just genuinely think it's all a bit overblown and everything will be fine next season even if the squad is largely the same?

I hope it's A, but who really knows.

Interesting stat on Dichio starting and TWICE AS MANY GOALS being scored. It was obvious how much he brought to the team when he was playing. The way he was treated by this club will rankle with me forever. I'd rather have released Barrett (what the fuck has he done for the team since Danny was sidelined?!) and got nothing in return for him while we paid his wages off than see Danny treated the way he was.

Shameful, fucking shameful. Had they kept him on, then we would have made the play offs for certain. Someway, somehow, he'd have won us the final home game. And what price Dichio socring a late winner in the home leg of the play off tie?

Legend TFC personified. Way to treat him MLSE, that was classy.

Agree fully!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you agree fully with a statement that has no backing like "If Dichio were in we'd make the playoffs for certain."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    How do you agree fully with a statement that has no backing like "If Dichio were in we'd make the playoffs for certain."

was agreeing more with the point about hw he was treated by FO.....would you like me to unbold the rest of it? ......

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    nice article.

I think security would tell Cunny to clean out his locker. I have no idea what he would do with a desk.
    well i think we've hit the root of the problem here... mo needs to stop letting players have desks in the locker room!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff Ben. I do have to say the more I hear, the more depressed I get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great article Ben.

Was Mo instructing CC to play Barrett over Dichio or did CC actually believe TFC is better off with Chad up top?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Good stuff Ben. I do have to say the more I hear, the more depressed I get.

Okay, I've decided to try and be optimistic over the winter. We can play off each other here .