Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    Just spoke to Tom Anselmi at length. He backs Mo 100%. Story to follow....

John
    http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro
    No surprise here... actually. because if he were to say anything but this, then people would question why he still keeps mo if he doesn;t back him...And since the contract is already signed... they are not just gonna give me a free million dolloras... you might as well keep him.
    As a President of a club once said... and goes something like this. "the responsability of a president if to support the coach up until the last minute when he is told that he is fired..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    "Our expectation was to not make the playoffs the first three years. We didn't think we would," Anselmi stated.

What do I say to this ? Anselmi you are now part of the problem. Congratulations...from now on, you and Mo go in the same sentence. Mo & Anselmi MUST GO.
    Well, if we're going to make these kinds of demands, why stop at Anselmi - obviously someone backs him 100% too.

That's the problem with corporate ownership, these kinds of attitudes run through the whole thing, the whole company. The captain of the team can "gaurantee" a playoff spot and then not make it and no one in the company cares. From top to bottom it's all buck passing.

I see your point though, there's no point in saying, MLSE must go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Well, if we're going to make these kinds of demands, why stop at Anselmi - obviously someone backs him 100% too.

That's the problem with corporate ownership, these kinds of attitudes run through the whole thing, the whole company. The captain of the team can "gaurantee" a playoff spot and then not make it and no one in the company cares. From top to bottom it's all buck passing.

I see your point though, there's no point in saying, MLSE must go...
    At some point though...someone has to assume responsibility. Mo said the buck stops with him and Anselmi fully supports his man. Great, since they both think all is well, and have admitted they lied to us because they never thought the playoffs were a reality, but fed us BS all season. To me, there is one thing you can not compromise on in business and thats integrity and trust. Once you lose that, not much is left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the statement that drives me crazy:

The MLSE vice-president believes the final league standings prove that all that's needed in order to build a young Toronto side into a playoff contender is a few tweaks.
    I for one do not want a playoff contender. I want a winning team. There is a difference. This is far too low and expectation!

What this proves to me is that there is a fundamental flaw in the targeting!

olegunnar

Quote:
    "Our expectation was to build this team from the ground up, and that meant accumulating assets — young players, a strong roster of veterans that would serve us well over the long haul, even if that meant at the expense of winning in the early going."

This kind of bs drives me nuts.
    What is our core group of players we're building around?

What young players did we acquire in year one that are part of this foundation?
    What young players axquired in year two did add to the foundation created in year one?

We have ONE...Nana.

So we had three shitty years for nothing.

This whole, building for the future crap is a bullshit excuse for losing.

Brenna
    DeRo
    Guevara
    Serioux
    Robbo

Oh yeah...and the future building blocks we acquired midseason....
    Gerba
    Garcia

We're not building a foundation...we're over paying for old dudes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Apparently you need 4 to 5 years of new expansion operations to get to a level where you MAY compete with a USL expansion franchise.

Roogsy, what are you saying can you only support a team that is winning? I am going to report you to the MLSE, for negative thoughts.

We are still a new team, you cannot compare us to Milan or Barca. We are 100 years behind. Look at the leafs their fans have supported them for 40 years. Do you see them complaining?

PLEASE DRINK YOUR COOL AID RIGHT NOW