Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I'm sure the score lays out almost $0 for their games (okay maybe $1,000 to the US network for their feed), so they may continue to pick up games -- at least unless Ultimate Poker conflicts with it.
    I agree beyond the rights from the MLS they are paying nothing for commentators and very little other costs. We have discussed before having James Shearman and Budgie do the commentary but then they would have to explain all the Houston's finest steak house promotions on the screen. I am sure Budgie's Mother in Law has been there but I don't care.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post
    I had 10 people in my house to watch the game...after 10 minutes we switched from The Score to MLS Direct Kicks.

MLS Direct Kicks had no comentators since they had some tech issues, so all you got was the sounds of the game...better than those two jabbronies that The Score had on. I know is not the Score's fault...but american feeds for the most part suck, unless you get ESPN or FSN doing it.
    I remember when the French CBC had the strike during the NHL playoffs. Watching the games without commentary was amazing. I would switch back to watch Ron and Don then back to no sound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best away game i saw televised was the LA game...in Spanish. i don't speak Spanish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    TFC/MLS/RedPatchBoys should BAN THE F-ING "SCORE" from covering any future game this season (never mind next). All they do is run some cheesy-ill-informed-yank-feed that sucks indonesion-moose-badger-spunk. "The Score" is a sorry excuse for a "broadcast network" especially when it comes to TFC. So fuck-em. The sooner the better. Their ratings are so shite because their so shite!
    Unfair. The Score has done more than TSN has. TFC aren't even worth highlights on that station.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the Score sticks with it. Can't expect to be an overnite sensation in a couple of years. Shame they can afford a Sunday morning Prem league chit-chat but nothing for MLS.

If I were in Paul Beirne's shoes, I'd subsidize the Score to have a pre- and post-game show, maybe arrange for some interviews or the addition of some TFC-TV content and even take calls from fans. Couldn't possibly cost that much, but would be a good investment for the hard core fans who do tune in and help to attract new fans.

It's not like TFC are spending much money on a proper game program magazine, is it?
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 06-11-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't the score have a production crew at any games? They always getting the feeds from somewhere else. Minor league network?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think TFC has never won a game aired on the Score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan69 View Post
    I honestly think TFC has never won a game aired on the Score.
    We've only won two road games in our history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    We've only won two road games in our history.
    Now that is truly pathetic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The score won't be missed....but this would be a good time for Gol tv, Fox sports world canada to pick up any slack, and let them do a non TFC MLS game of the week like fox sports world canada did till the CBC showed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    pretty much agree 100%.

oh and last game we got the privledge of having that "Mambo Seafood Restaurant" image in the top right corner all game.

doesnt that scream amature?

it's Mambonifico!!!!!

shitTTT

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    Better the Score than not televised at all. And like others pointed out, the feed is probably cheap. Like giambac says, it's not like they've got a stellar line-up to fall back on.

(Side issue, can the CRTC please suspend the license of any 'sports' network that broadcasts more than 4 hours of poker a week? Sport, my ass. Show some euchre while you're at it.)

poker is not a skill, unless she's moaing...!!! sorry had to add that..

but jokes adise and the score is just that a sports joke, im sure another TFC friendly network there must be one out there some place could pick
    it up!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    The score won't be missed....but this would be a good time for Gol tv, Fox sports world canada to pick up any slack, and let them do a non TFC MLS game of the week like fox sports world canada did till the CBC showed up.
    screw that, Gol and Fox Sports don't have an HD Channel.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TheScore provided a horrible feed and the what not. Very disappointing. CBC is much better. Id rather put up with the horrible term CBC has used to describe TFC than another Score broadcast...

Why pick up a friggen Houston Dynamo feed? So cheeeep. Give me the Charleston Cup coverage over that. Especially with the way we played. It was like taking two shots from a double barrell shotty. Just horrible

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan69 View Post
    How many games aired on the Score has Toronto FC actually won?
    The Score must be cursed . . . what does that have to do with anything.