Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Bull Park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Red Bull Park

This stadium is looking sweet, really does remind me of Europe!! But BMO is still cool!!

http://web.mlsnet.com/media/video.js...ent_id=7097843

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a really nice stadium, but we seem to have pics posted of Red Bull Arena every week. Lets just save the next one till when the stadium is completely built.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats a lot of seats to fill

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going to be so good being in the away section there next season. you know, NOT in an aluminum can-styled complex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Agreed 25,000 is alot for the MLS, but I think its a good number for this stadium...

This venue could become huge for summer concerts, as it'll boast mostly covered stands, good accounstics being outdoors, and will be much much much cheaper for the promoter to lease than anything in Manhattan or even 'the rock' also in Jersey...

If the Red Bulls get 15,000 for most games, the lower bowl should look full - and ESPN will frame out the empty seats up top in the corners...

It seems they have done everything right with this stadium - not including location, thats a whole other story...

I also wouldn't be suprised if it becomes a busy venue for NCAA tournament matches between schools in the area etc...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in a few years our stadium willl be worst, the cheapest, least attractive in MLS. Weak! Its a bloody bleacher!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by "THE PAGE" View Post
    in a few years our stadium willl be worst, the cheapest, least attractive in MLS. Weak! Its a bloody bleacher!
    who cares? do you attend for the match or to look at the stadium?

I didn't realize it mattered whether my stadium was "attractive" or not. Now, if we're talking about women.............

BMO has GREAT views from the seats and will have grass next year, in a great location right next to the city. Awesome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Agreed 25,000 is alot for the MLS, but I think its a good number for this stadium...

This venue could become huge for summer concerts, as it'll boast mostly covered stands, good accounstics being outdoors, and will be much much much cheaper for the promoter to lease than anything in Manhattan or even 'the rock' also in Jersey...

If the Red Bulls get 15,000 for most games, the lower bowl should look full - and ESPN will frame out the empty seats up top in the corners...

It seems they have done everything right with this stadium - not including location, thats a whole other story...

I also wouldn't be suprised if it becomes a busy venue for NCAA tournament matches between schools in the area etc...

Carts...
    They will get way more than 15,000.
    Also, which tournament do you speak of?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    it is a really nice stadium, but we seem to have pics posted of Red Bull Arena every week. Lets just save the next one till when the stadium is completely built.
    don't click on the thread.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    I agree with boban.

I don't why some people are so smug to think that only we, in Toronto, can fill a 20,000+ seat stadium.

Have you thought that part of the reason the Red Bulls didn't have better attendance, aside from the team being crap, was because Giants Stadium was probably one of the worst venues in the world to watch a football match?

I guarantee they will be at 95-99% capacity for their home opener and will likely get close to 20,000 per game will likely have a better average attendance than TFC.

The area around the stadium might be shit but with it being on the PATH line, it's easier to get to than the Meadowlands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I agree with boban.

I don't why some people are so smug to think that only we, in Toronto, can fill a 20,000+ seat stadium.

Have you thought that part of the reason the Red Bulls didn't have better attendance, aside from the team being crap, was because Giants Stadium was probably one of the worst venues in the world to watch a football match?

I guarantee they will be at 95-99% capacity for their home opener and will likely get close to 20,000 per game will likely have a better average attendance than TFC.

The area around the stadium might be shit but with it being on the PATH line, it's easier to get to than the Meadowlands.

I really hope so.

New York needs to be a soccer power house for the sport to really matter in the USofA.

Too bad they love a sport so much which no one else in the world seem to care about

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our stadium with grass is going to be the best in Canada for watching the game.
    Would I like MLSE to put in a roof? You bet.
    Would I be willing to pay another $100/year to have that roof? Not a chance.
    So I'm happy enough with what we got.

Also... it might be controversial to say this, but I'd sure rather have ML$E than Red Bull as our team owner.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We drove by the new Red Bull Stadium on our way back home from the match on the weekend........from the outside it really sharp.....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the location is all that bad. We drove by it on the way back from the hotel on Sunday and there's a train station right there and not as far from "stuff" as I had been led to believe. It's actually not all that far from a portuguese neighborhood in Newark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same car

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadview View Post
    Same car
    Different snoring.........
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Our stadium with grass is going to be the best in Canada for watching the game.
    Would I like MLSE to put in a roof? You bet.
    Would I be willing to pay another $100/year to have that roof? Not a chance.
    So I'm happy enough with what we got.

Also... it might be controversial to say this, but I'd sure rather have ML$E than Red Bull as our team owner.
    And yest we still have among the highest tickets in the league.
    I think lots of displeasure is with the fact MLSE built it on the cheap.
    Other teams spent more on infrastructure, yet still fits within a business plan.
    But here we have to feed the pension fund.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yest we still have among the highest tickets in the league.
    I think lots of displeasure is with the fact MLSE built it on the cheap.
    Other teams spent more on infrastructure, yet still fits within a business plan.
    But here we have to feed the pension fund.

They didn't even build it. They didn't even build a venue for their hocky team. Remember when the Raptors hd diffrent owners and they appraoched MLSE about the ACC and MLSE said it wasn't good enough for hockey? Then when the deal was right suddenly it was good enough.

There's nothing new here.

Sometimes I do wonder how TFC would have done with the Argos owners - what those guys might have done with this fanbase...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so to... I said "if they get 15,000" like a worst case scenario...

I personally think the crowds will be excellent...

NCAA matches; SUNY school's and other state schools often have inter-tournaments between them outside of competition - especially the lower level schools, as it gives them a chance at some equal competition etc...

I think the venue will be a busy place...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    They didn't even build it. They didn't even build a venue for their hocky team. Remember when the Raptors hd diffrent owners and they appraoched MLSE about the ACC and MLSE said it wasn't good enough for hockey? Then when the deal was right suddenly it was good enough.

LOL ... is this true? I knew that the ACC is primarily designed for basketball but I never knew about the reason behind that fact ... so how much did MLSE pitch in for the Air Canada Centre?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red bulls new stadium is one beautiful place I don't deny that.. But our tin can stadium no matter what becuase of all of us supporters is tops for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    I agree with boban.

Not probably. It is THE WORST.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A poster on BS said a month ago they were at 3800 season tickets. Hopefully they can reach 5 digits for the new season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they aren't going to hold concerts there from what they told me when i was down there last weekend. The stadium is amazing, can't wait to see a match there. RBNY is putting their U23 team in our little 4th division league (NPSL, which we are adding 3 teams in the Golden Horseshoe as well...Winstars Academy, DPS Academy, and Niagara Falls/St. Catharines) and they are going to do a double header with the first team so that will be fun.

But to get back to my point, they aren't going to use it for concerts, they have enough venues in the city. The area isn't too bad, there are a ton of really nice restaurants near the stadium too (There is a little bridge right outside of the stadium and the Ironbound area is a little walk from the stadium with those restaurants (according to RB| staff).

I think they are really going after Henry, so that should help with attendance as well. I really hope they do well as that will set a course for everyone. it will be weird to have a truly dedicated soccer stadium. All the rest have multiple sports (Lacrosse, football, etc) playing in them.
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope so.

New York needs to be a soccer power house for the sport to really matter in the USofA.

Too bad they love a sport so much which no one else in the world seem to care about
    This is only a stepping stone in that direction. It may be on the train line, but I have a hard time believing NY will truly consider it there team when its so far into NJ (not that far, but farther then seeing it across the river). As well as constant rumours of a 2nd NY team in the future. Looks like a nice stadium though, America's most expensive toilet.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That ground looks fantastic.

Have to say I'm just a little bit envious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post

Yes they did not finance 100% of it. But they loaned $10 mil in the name of naming rights, and did put in another $8m to top the project off and make it a go. Stadiums all across N. America get a mix of government and private financing - just like this one. Difference in other cases is that you see alot more investment by the team owners as a percentage. This was not the case here.
    Last edited by boban; 10-31-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I think so to... I said "if they get 15,000" like a worst case scenario...

I personally think the crowds will be excellent...

NCAA matches; SUNY school's and other state schools often have inter-tournaments between them outside of competition - especially the lower level schools, as it gives them a chance at some equal competition etc...

I think the venue will be a busy place...

Carts...
    I hope its not too busy - at least not with grid iron ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope its not too busy - at least not with grid iron ball.
    You'll see a ton of international friendlies played there. With the demographics of New York, there's a ton of teams and matchups that can fill that stadium and the team can make a ton of money off that.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    That ground looks fantastic.

Have to say I'm just a little bit envious.
    Exactly my thoughts.