Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we want a good team next season that can make the playoffs we gotta play the season 100%. We gotta come out the gates fast. We cant be waitting till mid season for other players to show up on our roster. Having Amado playing in the World Cup i dont think his heart will be in Toronto till after June. Hes deffinitly not going to want to get hurt in March,april or May and he probably gonna be practicing often with Honduras and playing friendlies in those months.

Id rather take the money we spend on him and get a new good player to replace him at the beginning of the season and will play with us all year.
    Last edited by james; 11-02-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=jloome;776731]
    Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    DeRo had a great season, but in the stretch how many times did he try to just 'do it himself'?quote]

This is key. There are some games where he scored for us, but prevented us from winning.

Seriously: the guy is a tremendously talented guy, but he thinks he's C. Ronaldo, and he's not. He costs us a lot of chances, and if you look at his team-leading shot total (in the 80s if I recall), he damn well should have scored 11 goals.
    he was also offside a league leading 43 times in 28 games.

i love De Ro but there were so many times when he had easy passes in front of him to open players... but he chose the most difficult play, such as shooting from miles out. or he had this tendency to go to the sideline with the ball, and then lose possession.

i understand maybe he shouldn't have had confidence in some of his "bad egg" teammates, but his freelancing all over the place doesn't exactly help build his teammates' confidence. And his MVP stats did what??? Finished out of the playoffs. So maybe he should involve his teammates a bit more.... cuz the one man show isn't enough.