Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post
    Leo Rautins is an analyst that tried to be a coach....that tried to be a coach.....that's worked out well. LOL.
    What are you talking about? What analyst is trying to become coach?

And Leo Rautins played in the NBA. He wasn't exactly some noob to the game of basketball.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leo Rautins is an analyst that tried to be a coach....that tried to be a coach.....that's worked out well. LOL.
    Really? Taking a shot at one of the pioneers of Canadian basketball?

I am not Rautin's biggest fan, but his credibility in basketball is pretty solid.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rautins managed to qualify Canada for the World Championships....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't even know why Rautins was mentioned ... Kristian Jack did not even criticize the coaching ... his main gripe was with Mo Johnston, the general manager.

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Really? Taking a shot at one of the pioneers of Canadian basketball?

I am not Rautin's biggest fan, but his credibility in basketball is pretty solid.
    He didn't even have his level 1 coaching certificate when he took the job and that he alienated Steve Nash and Samuel Dalembert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've skimmed the thread - here's my two cents on some stuff said...

Amado - I think he gets ragged on too much because of his reputation. If he has a bad game its "...he just didn't try, didn't want to be here..." and if he has a good game its "...why didn't he play like that last week?..." I think its fair that players (especially on a bad team - and unfortunately we are) will have good & bad performances... Seems he can't win...

JDG in a more attacking role - I don't have confidence in that (especially since in the last 2 games he's whiffed on two possible shots on goal)... He should play to his strengths, and we should work around his strengths... If Dero stays (yes, there's an if there) we have an excellent attacking midfielder in Dero, and an excellent defending midfielder in JDG - work with those strengths - build around those strengths when adding players...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are some points I don't agree with, but many that I do.

I'm just happy people are calling out for answers.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but that would mean Carts that TFC would have to play the players in their actual positions. TFC seems to have a problem doing that because MO screwed up.

For cripes sake the man had almost a MILLION over the cap to play with, arguably more than any other team and we were still short of players (roster), traded players when we had no backups (dunny, Tyrone) short of wingers, and a quality central defender or two.

God forbid he will actually know what to do when he has to stay under the salary cap. The guy is a DISASTER.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't read everything above but I must add that we dont have the depth to trade Amado. I remember when we secured his services a lot of peeps were concerned about his temperment. I love his game/skill/technique...so effortless. More times than not he's given everything and has been an impact player on this squad; even when we just took a 5 love.....

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    there are some points I don't agree with, but many that I do.

I'm just happy people are calling out for answers.
    We definitely need more people in the media with an ear of the club to ask these questions. It's unfortunate, but no matter how unified the fans and supporters are over what we see as obstacles in the way of progress for the club, we don't have the sort of legitimacy that people in the press do. It's time for everyone that can to voice their opinion on the result of this season.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamaicanadian View Post
    I haven't read everything above but I must add that we dont have the depth to trade Amado. I remember when we secured his services a lot of peeps were concerned about his temperment. I love his game/skill/technique...so effortless. More times than not he's given everything and has been an impact player on this squad; even when we just took a 5 love.....
    Thank God someone brought this up. A great team needs bench strength. When Amado is on he is the best player on the team. He is a game changer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good article by Kristian and yes Mo is the problem. I disagree with several of his FACTS though. With no wingers, two slow central defenders (Garcia, Serioux), no effective lone striker, best players all central midfielders and two full backs with more attacking than defending instincts playing 3-5-2 with wingbacks is the best formation for this squad. 3-5-2 actually historically owns 4-4-2 as long as you have speedy wingbacks. Wide players didn't end 3-5-2 it was the unbalance caused by teams playing with lone strikers. Against lone strikers the fullbacks in 4-4-2 push up into the midfield and is is more like 2-6-2 formation. If playing 3-5-2 against a lone striker you adjust and sweep behind the midfield playing more like a 2-1-5-2.

TFC have lost the midfield battles for the majority of 2007 and 2008. That is when Robinson played every game. Robbo is not a ball winner and isn't a skilled distributer and doesn't have the work rate to be a box to box midfielder in 4-4-2 (he never supports the attacks look at his scoring rate over three years). His positioning is very good in the way he slots back into the defense to cover holes when under attack. He can't play pure defense because he is easily dribbled around by speedy strikers. My personal preference is for ball winning aggressive ratters (holders). Keep Guevara not Robinson. JDG, Cronin and Samyang give us the depth with need there.

Cummins runs great practices and was a classy encouraging but inexperienced manager. His tactics were forced on him by the unbalanced squad. He is only guilty of making the wrong substitutions, or no substitutions, at the wrong times and maybe not addressing the alleged dressing room issues.

DeRo works hard and is a threat but has made numerous mental errors all year. Leads the league in offsides when playing midfield WTF!!?? A ball hog that doesn't reward White when he makes great timed diagonal runs. Blasts over the net too often and when he does defend back concededs way too many free kicks. I didn't see a change in his play when JDG joined TFC. Too be fully effective as an AMC the next manager is going to have to work on Dero's ball sharing and link-ups and overlaps with the withdrawn striker.

I do give Kristian credit for calling out the fact that there are flaws at MSLE and the TFC senior management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    Thank God someone brought this up. A great team needs bench strength. When Amado is on he is the best player on the team. He is a game changer.
    You can't pay your bench players 300K. The salary cap won't allow that. We have too many central mids anyways. A few have to get the chop. It is just deciding on who can go.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    You can't pay your bench players 300K. The salary cap won't allow that. We have too many central mids anyways. A few have to get the chop. It is just deciding on who can go.
    How much do we pay Vitti????...In my world he's a bench player (unfortunately)<--meaning he didn't live up to his salary and/or Mo's hype......
    Last edited by Jamaicanadian; 10-27-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if the salary cap goes up in the offseason? Amado is to strong of a player to just cut free. I would send Vitti packing or Brennan packing long before Amado.

I wonder if there is a way to just buy Barrett out and be rid of him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the hell would you want to get rid of barrett? You can't be serious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is more dead wood on this team than Barrett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skint View Post
    What if the salary cap goes up in the offseason? Amado is to strong of a player to just cut free. I would send Vitti packing or Brennan packing long before Amado.

I wonder if there is a way to just buy Barrett out and be rid of him?
    And replace them with who? Still have to pay for replacements. Mo spent almost a million more on the cap this year and unless we sell another Edu, that is going down by 500K leaving us with the you suck bonus of 300K

So look at it this way, unless there is a significant increase in the salary cap, we need to knock off salaries just to stay under the cap. And then you still have to go out and get a set of wingers, a LB and CB's?

As I said early this year something has got to give. There has to be cuts in the central midfield as that is where a lot of money is on this team. Someone is going to have to retire or get traded and Mo is going to have to get draft picks (G.A. players) to stay down and be fully stocked. Don't forget we had 3 roster spots open and it was disasterous to say the least.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    There is more dead wood on this team than Barrett
    I think you are right on that one.

Even though Barrett is inept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post
    Probably.
    Why would anyone want to keep a sulky, non-scoring forward ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People worried about the salaries of players and room under the cap, should wait at the very least, until the new CBA has been discussed and announced. IMO it's pointless talking salaries until that time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want to keep him? You can't be serious. I mean he runs his ass off and I admire him for it, but he can't cross a ball to save his life, he passes like he is playing with a beachball and he can't score. [edit] but I don't think we can get rid of him easily due to his contract
    Last edited by Dave67; 10-27-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Mikey

Why?
    because last season I got sick of watching him get fed good passes into one on one breakouts inside the 18 yard box, only to see him kick the ball straight to the keeper with as much force as a seven year old girl could muster.

His goal socring record speaks for itself.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* People need to stop joining a bandwagon they have no idea about, i have seen it so many times with the TFC fans and its terrible. Amado might have been a distraction in past clubs he has been at but please tell me all your sources that point to Amado being a bad apple at TFC. The man hardly speaks much english and is very quiet, gets on with CC and the coaches very well, usually after matches you hear Amado and the coaches (usually CC) talking about going to eat etc the way he is on and off the pitch is totally from one extreme to the other coz on the pitch he shows a lot of passion and does sulk here and there but thats more showing his displeasure to the officials etc. Going into the changing room after a loss and being mad shows me that this guy cares that they just lost where as if he was quiet after each loss maybe how Vitti is people might be thinking "this guy does not care and is here for the money"

There is more evidence that meets the eye of DeRo being a bad apple than Amado when you think of DeRo's statements about grass, about the team etc (not saying DeRo is a bad apple)

I said awhile ago that Amado and his wife were looking to go back to Hondorus and there is a good possiblity he will do this especially being a year older, the baby and with the WC and all. TFC are stacked with CM and seems to be the likes of the CM's that are making the most money so it will not shock me if he leaves.

* Robbo: is on big money yeah but totally understand what KJ is saying, Robbo playing DM should be ideal for JDG coz Robbo takes 2-3 touches the most and passes and the likes of Julian and DeRo need to be on the ball a lot. Robbo is a ball winner and can break up the play well but once again does Robbo wanna stay and can the money be sorted?

* DeRo: said it before that he is gonna want more money now and since Mo is a stats kinda guy (dont get me started) DeRo will point to his stats and since Mo mentioned DeRos age and the snake movements with the DP situation etc that just motivated him even more so DeRo will have a leg to stand on when approaching Mo, question is what amount is DeRo looking for and how will that affect the cap?

* JDG: i said when Julian first came that i wanted to see how it was gonna work coz the likes of DeRo and Amado are ball hungry players and JDG being the DP the play will have to go through him much more so how will that 1 ball be shared between the 3 of them. The challenge for Julian is maintaining his La Liga level at TFC which many believe will be hard for him to do.

Many are saying TFC need Julian to be an attacking mid which is Amado's role and many are saying that coz he is DP and its kinda hard to warrent a player getting all that money to play DM BUT at the same time what made Julian a very good player in La Liga and Germany is playing his position and doing the things which make him quality in the DM position, would Julian be able to play in Spain & Germany as an attackign mid? i know this is the MLS and a lower level but are you expecting Julian to have the same kinda stats like DeRo and Amado? (just a question)

Bright spots: Frei, Nana, Sanyang, Gomes, Cronin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great post Bruv. Touched on basically everything I've been pondering for this whole season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    People worried about the salaries of players and room under the cap, should wait at the very least, until the new CBA has been discussed and announced. IMO it's pointless talking salaries until that time.
    CBA has nothing to do with the cap

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Big Bruva...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright BB, please give us your opinion about Barrett now, if you'd like

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CBA has nothing to do with the cap
    Yes and no. This is sort of true and sort of not true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Great post Bruv. Touched on basically everything I've been pondering for this whole season.
    totally agree.