Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MoJo to address the media Tuesday

Last edited by JDG; 10-26-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Johnston And Players To Discuss Season

Reds will speak to the media on Tuesday morning

10/26/2009 3:06 PM
    TorontoFC.ca

Toronto FC Manager, Director of Soccer Mo Johnston will talk to the media at BMO Field on Tuesday morning to discuss the 2009 season, and plans for 2010. The players arrived back in Toronto from New York yesterday afternoon and will be back at the stadium on Tuesday for end of season physicals and fitness testing. TorontoFC.ca will bring you the latest news from BMO Field throughout the day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already posted in 2 active threads.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normally, I'd agree with a merging, but I think this will warrant its own thread. My view, FWIW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how I can be at this press confrence. I want to ask Mo a few questions about the team, that IMO no reporter will ask

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Normally, I'd agree with a merging, but I think this will warrant its own thread. My view, FWIW.
    You are probably right.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prediction:

"Ive got a good lead on some players from Brazil. A couple of forwards, 2 defenders, 2 wingers.
    I'll be heading there in December,"
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    prediction:

"Ive got a good lead on some players from Brazil. A couple of forwards, 2 defenders, 2 wingers.
    Don't forget using the words very, very hard in bringing in these players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the players/coaches that will probably beside him:

1. MoJo
    2. CC
    3. Dichio (because everyone loves him, and Mo knows to soften the blow bring DD)
    4. Jimmy B
    5. DeRo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prediction:

I'd also like to predict he contracts Gonorrhea while away on 'official business'.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been backing Mo all season long, but with all the shit that's started to come out in the last couple of days about interfering in playing time, rats, posion in the dressing room, etc, and coupled with that pathetic fucking display on Saturday night, I am just about ready to call for his head with everyone else.

He's got some serious questions to answer tomorrow. I'll bet he doesn't answer any of them.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what he will say:

"Looook, we wanted to win the Canadian Championship, we done that. We wanted to make the play offs, and we came within one game of making that 'n all. Loooook, we know we wernae quite good enoguh this season, and we'll work hard on it for next season. But loooook, we're gettin' grass laid down, we've brought in Julian, n Dwayne, and we've got some great young players here. So, loooook, there's a lot of reasons to be positive and tae look forward tae next season."

But what about the rumours of a poisonous atmosphere in the dressing room Mo? And the fact that we have a seriously unbalanced squad? And no head coach? And that the outgoing head coach feels he was screwed over by the club? And the rumours of playing time being influenced from above and players not respecting training because of that?

"Loooook, I'm not going tae sit here and comment on what goes on in the dressing room. That's private, n it should stay private. But looook, we've brought in Julian, n Dwayne, n we've got some great young players here and we can all be looking forward tae next season."

But Mo, you haven't answered any of the questions we put to you, and what about the whole Dichio thing, what happened there and don't you think he would have been useful to have on the pitch on Saturday night?

"Loook, we've brought in Julian, n Dwanye, n there's grass going down. And everythgin will be alright. See?"
    Last edited by Hitcho; 10-26-2009 at 03:31 PM.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are going to remind us how they got us grass... so we don't hate them anymore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Here's what he will say:

"Looook, we wanted to win the Canadian Championship, we done that. We wanted to make the play offs, and we came within one game of making that 'n all. Loooook, we know we wernae quite good enoguh this season, and we'll work hard on it for next season. But loooook, we're gettin' grass laid down, we've brought in Julian, n Dwayne, and we've got some great young players here. So, loooook, there's a lot of reasons to be positive and tae look forward tae next season."

But what about the rumours of a poisonous atmosphere in the dressing room Mo? And the fact that we have a seriously unbalanced squad? And no head coach? And that the outgoing head coach feels he was screwed over by the club? And the rumours of playing time being influenced from above and players not respecting training because of that?

"Loooook, I'm not going tae sit here and comment on what goes on in the dressing room. That's private, n it should stay private. But looook, we've brought in Julian, n Dwayne, n we've got some great young players here and we can all be looking forward tae next season."

But Mo, you haven't answered any of the questions we put to you, and what about the whole Dichio thing, what happened there and don't you think he would have been useful to have on the pitch on Saturday night?

"Loook, we've brought in Julian, n Dwanye, n there's grass going down. And everythgin will be alright. See?"
    lol...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to hear the vets explain why they let the kids do the post game interviews. That shows a lack of leadership right there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prediction:

If he says that, it would indicate that at least he understands where our needs are. Here's hoping.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo will probably have already drank half a bottle of scotch before the media event even starts so he will be numb and not give a rats ass about anything.
    When the press starts to drill Mo about anything important i am sure Anselmi will step in to save Mo's arse...

My One question i would ask Mo is why in Toronto there was a five years plan and Seattle made the playoffs in year OnE.... No excuses about field turf becuase they have the same shite as we do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Brazilian, an Englishman and a Frenchman trial with TFC...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really tired of hearing about Seattle, to be honest. All season long, we've been comparing ourselves to Seattle about absolutely everything.

I care about fixing our situation, not trying to play "gotcha" with Mo about Seattle's quick rise to success.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    A Brazilian, an Englishman and a Frenchman trial with TFC...
    Is this the beginning sentence to a joke....

A Brazilian, an Englishman and a Frenchman trial with TFC.......who knocks Carl Robinson out first??

hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    Here's what he will say:

Ha Ha Ha...Right on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hoping a similar incident happens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prediction:

How can I be part of this scouting group? Where do I send my C.V.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet.. maybe they'll officially announce his contract extension!!!

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I'm really tired of hearing about Seattle, to be honest. All season long, we've been comparing ourselves to Seattle about absolutely everything.

I care about fixing our situation, not trying to play "gotcha" with Mo about Seattle's quick rise to success.

- Scott
    That makes 2 of us!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be shocked if anything worthwhile comes out of this press conference. I'll be upset if Mo takes the "we did it right but it didn't go our way" attitude. You didn't do it right Mo, we suck, please change that.

MUFC_Niagara

Hey I have a good idea, lets turn this thread into the most negative, cynical gossip session we possibly can about what Mo will say tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he can't talk about the draft....no 1st rd picks this year...
    draft smaft

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it is to announce the new coach: a former head coach, someone who has MLS experience and is already in the MLSE organization.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post
    Hey I have a good idea, lets turn this thread into the most negative, cynical gossip session we possibly can about what Mo will say tomorrow.
    It's going to be one heck of a long off season.... we need to save some good stuff for later!!!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS