Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To say Guevara put our team as his second priority really isn't fair.

For starters, he missed what.. 5 or 6 games all season?

Secondly, his country did a heck of lot better than our country. Quite a few of the Canadians may have been in the same position if we were any better at soccer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    To say Guevara put our team as his second priority really isn't fair.

For starters, he missed what.. 5 or 6 games all season?

Secondly, his country did a heck of lot better than our country. Quite a few of the Canadians may have been in the same position if we were any better at soccer.
    I would take Rambo from Honduras anyday over Gerba...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what CC has said, plus the fact that he's considered to be 'Mo's Man' in the dressing room, and by what players on other teams have said about him I think there's a 99% chance that it was Garcia who was considered the 'cancer' in the dressing room...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I would take Rambo from Honduras anyday over Gerba...

How cool would it be to have Rambo and then "Hulk" (from FC Porto) on TFC.

Think of the possibilities!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is what it is...ego's and attitudes...difference in pay...performances or lack of...same old story...starts up top with the GM to be honest.

First off doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that "some" of TFC players dont take the MLS seriously...too many off the field extra-curricular activities...(interpret how you may)

Secondly, when players say "culture" they mean as a pro footballer there are things you must and must not do in order for you to be 100% prepared on game day and in training...I have a hunch there are players not totally being professional.

All I know is that if I'm a TFC player making 30k...and player a making 300k isnt showing up or stepping up in the must win games...I'm going to be pissed. If a bench player is making a couple 100k more than me and I'm starting giving 100% and they aren't it's going to divide the locker room.

The Canadian boys are running the show in the locker room...Garcia was a threat having MLS experience...trying to take over in the huddle...was a bad move. I also think some of the vets, 1st choice players and big $$$ guys aren't stepping up to the plate when they should be..

some food for thought:

Dero - team MVP...but IMO didnt show up when he needed to in the MLS regular season...has the right attitude though and works for the team...unselfish player and was the reason we won the Canadian Championship so no complaints

Brennan - at times doesnt offer much...being captain other players may realize this and be upset that he stays on the pitch and is immune from criticism

Serioux - plays injured...and refues to be taken out at times. Don't think he belongs to any cliques...seen video with him @ Dallas...can be cool..but can see how he'd be a **** @ times

Robinson - never really rated although his experience is important, class pro from what I reckon

DeGuzman - havent been impressed with...full training camp will help and could break out next year, deserving of DP tag IMO...other players could think otherwise based on 2009 performances

Garcia - in my opinion, was a wrong move for the club...hasnt done anything positive from what I've seen ... only poor avoidable mistakes

Guevara - skipped out on TFC games for Honduras...regardless of the WC emphasis and importance...other players don't care as they aren't from Honduras...they only care about TFC

Gerba - has to do more for what he's being paid...TFC didnt sign him to come off the bench

Wynne - went missing due to injuries last part of the season, works hard dont have a problem with him.

Barrett - think he's an MLS out and out striker that can score 15/season...problem: lacks motivation and it doesnt help that Vitti is getting paid more with less production(goals wise)..if the manager has faith in him and plays him at striker & not on the wing he'll come good.
    (look @ Cunny & Casey...top 2 scorers in MLS this year)

these are the main players...so based on this...the problem lies with these players:
    serioux, garcia, guevara, gerba, brennan (you choose)

now as for the goalkeepers frei & edwards...excellent tandem for MLS...and they did their job this year considering age and experience. The Gambians look promising, White coming back from injury did well in limited appearances near end and should build for next year. Attakora & Cronin have been outstanding for their age and experience and could lead TFC in the future.