Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    I know you're not a JDG fan, but did you just seriously compare him to your "less than skilled" co-worker? Really?

JDG is by far the most skilled on the team, so I fail to see the correlation.
    I would think would go the other way TBH. It's when you're "co-worker" has better pedigree, is more skilled, but does not deliver much more than you deliver - at a fraction of the price.

Not saying that any of this applies to JDG currently, but that's the big risk I've always associated with DP's in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conceding late goals and inconsistent play has cursed TFC for three years. Garcia contributed to messing the playoff this year I'll agree to that. The dressing room mentality and club management has to be the main issues not just Garcia, Vitti and Barrett.

Those bad apples have to be players that have been here for three years.

I really like the fact that Sam Cronin has the cojones to step up and reveal that there is serious team issues. Everyone else is lying and hiding and denying there are issues but the results make it obvious that there must be.

Future team captain IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the sake of professionalism, no names will be mentioned by anyone affiliated with TFC including mainstream media types which is exactly how it should be. Rest assured that MoJo is aware of the negative characters in the locker room and they will not be back next season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amado.
    Chad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2007 View Post
    Amado.
    Chad.
    Way off base buddy. Cummins yesterday specifically mentioned Guevara as a model professional. According to some 'insider' reports Chad along with DeRo has been trying to confront the 'bad apples' and create more of a team spirit.

Gerry Dobson hinted strongly that Garcia is a problem and my gut feeling based on watching him during games is that Serioux is another one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright

now we are getting somewhere

bad apples =
    garcia
    serioux
    (and I'm assuming one of the young guys, a really fast one)

Im not going to add Gerba, b/c when he arrived here, he was ecstatic to be on this team.
    However, him being out of shape and form could contribute to a bad attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    For the sake of professionalism, no names will be mentioned by anyone affiliated with TFC including mainstream media types which is exactly how it should be. Rest assured that MoJo is aware of the negative characters in the locker room and they will not be back next season...
    how do we know this for certain?

He's pretty much lied about everything else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrell Owens?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this speculation game based on very little evidence is so fun, eh?

why not just wait and see until what develops, IE credible sources put out some good evidence

all this guessing game... well, i guess we have nothing better to do now that TFC is out of the playoffs
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack the Ripper?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    Way off base buddy. Cummins yesterday specifically mentioned Guevara as a model professional. According to some 'insider' reports Chad along with DeRo has been trying to confront the 'bad apples' and create more of a team spirit.

Gerry Dobson hinted strongly that Garcia is a problem and my gut feeling based on watching him during games is that Serioux is another one.
    Big Bruva also confirmed that Guevara was a pretty cool guy...

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...t=18192&page=3
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Big Bruva also confirmed that Guevara was a pretty cool guy...

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...t=18192&page=3
    It's funny, I've talked to someone with inside info who said Guevara had come up as a guy who doesn't fit it, but everything public is saying he does. Maybe "doesn't fit in" is code for "doesn't speak much English". Or maybe he's disliked by the guys shirking their responsibilities.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's funny, I've talked to someone with inside info who said Guevara had come up as a guy who doesn't fit it, but everything public is saying he does. Maybe "doesn't fit in" is code for "doesn't speak much English". Or maybe he's disliked by the guys shirking their responsibilities.
    Well Big Bruva is the inside info... regardless, to me it's pretty obvious what someone with limited English skills will be going through... heck I believe even Velez said in an interview (Those one-on-ones) that Guevara gets picked on because of the language barrier... maybe that's how he doesn't fit in...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on your definition of bad apple.

After hashing this out on this board, some leeks, hints and stories, here is my revised guess:

Bad Apple (different motivatuons or lack of, infected/affected others),:

1. Garcia (only 1 because of CC's comments wrt to 95% of the players he wished well, on a 20 man roster, that is 1 person)

Sour Apple (different motivations or lack of, but kept negativity to oneself)

1. Guevara
    2. Gerba
    3. Serioux

Here it is folks. Take it to the bank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    Depends on your definition of bad apple.

After hashing this out on this board, some leeks, hints and stories, here is my revised guess:

Bad Apple (different motivatuons or lack of, infected/affected others),:

1. Garcia (only 1 because of CC's comments wrt to 95% of the players he wished well, on a 20 man roster, that is 1 person)

Sour Apple (different motivations or lack of, but kept negativity to oneself)

1. Guevara
    2. Gerba
    3. Serioux

Here it is folks. Take it to the bank.

"Cummins yesterday specifically mentioned Guevara as a model professional"

Seriously, Amado can't win... we will twist the words until he becomes the bad guy...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no word twisting...we were Guevara's distant second priority this year and it showed. He played when he wanted, and took off the games he deemed appropriate to be ready for his world cup games. As a veteran, one of the highest paid players, he is expected to more than show up and play, he is expected to lead by example. I dont think he did. Did he go out of his way to disrupt or not follow team direction...I am not saying that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    "Cummins yesterday specifically mentioned Guevara as a model professional"

Seriously, Amado can't win... we will twist the words until he becomes the bad guy...
    LOL FluSH people just want him to end up being the bad guy so that their opinion of him from the time he arrived as a "head case" holds true and some people can just say "I told you so!" Guevara in my books was one of our better players this year. Did he fuck up on the field at times? Sure he did as did the entire team, but at least he showed some kind of emotion and passion when things weren't going our way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I thought that at times his age showed, HOWEVER, he did show emotion and passion on the pitch.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that the whole issue is because Jimmy B and Carl Robinson got in an argument about Andy Welsh's scoring ability. Jimmy thought it was world class, Robbo thought it was more of a continental europe class.

The other players took sides.

And here was are in this mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew it. Its the Gambians fault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew it. Its the Gambians fault.
    I once watched a movie on TV5 about mobsters in Senegal, and the big bad boss man of the movie threatened to send the hookers to The Gambia if they upset him.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Heathen

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    I once watched a movie on TV5 about mobsters in Senegal, and the big bad boss man of the movie threatened to send the hookers to The Gambia if they upset him.
    They were one country for a while Senegambia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given we are on the africa topic, what happened to the Ivory Coast guys ? They have a killer national team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they must have also been bad characters in the dressing room! They were sending a message when they took out Robbo.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given we are on the africa topic, what happened to the Ivory Coast guys ? They have a killer national team...
    Maybe they went to the A-League, I hear it's really good.

Oh wait, wrong thread...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow - still on this topic. Why don't we just start another thread with a poll and get it over with?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One other observation since I am here...watch the press conferece...Mo looks uncomfortable, worried, worn down and beat up. CC looks refreshed, happy and full of energy. The natural observation would be that CC was relieved it was over, and could finally relax. However, I wonder if a part of him was enjoying seeing Mo squirm and get asked all those uncomfortable questions...bit of payback perhaps ??? I dont knooowwwwww

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Wow - still on this topic. Why don't we just start another thread with a poll and get it over with?
    Agreed, a poll resolves all issues...lets do it !

Categories:

1 Bad Apple
    2. Good Apple
    3. Rotten Apple
    4. Unripe Apple
    5. Ripe Apple
    6. Damaged Apple
    7. Half Eaten Apple
    8. And finally a Pear in Apple skin

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget the partridge in the pear tree!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One other observation since I am here...watch the press conferece...Mo looks uncomfortable, worried, worn down and beat up. CC looks refreshed, happy and full of energy. The natural observation would be that CC was relieved it was over, and could finally relax. However, I wonder if a part of him was enjoying seeing Mo squirm and get asked all those uncomfortable questions...bit of payback perhaps ??? I dont knooowwwwww
    CC looked like that immediately after the game when they had an interview him at Giants Stadium.

Watching the press conference yesterday, it gave me a little more sympathy and respect for the man, but still, he wasn't the right man for the job and he was in over his head.