Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Onward! - Sloppy

What I can tell you -- from behind the scenes.

http://onwardsoccer.com/?p=1735

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did we go from the tightest locker room in year 1, to this disaster or mercenaries who are anything but a "team".

The worst part of all is that nothing is going to happen. Mo will not be held to account for the mess that this team is in right now.

I think Robinson has had enough, Amado looks set to leave as well and I wouldn't consider it a stretch to see DeRo leave as well. That gives JDG the starring role in the midfield and opens up a lot of salary space for a striker. The grass will make it easier, but the question is, will he be able to pull it off or will we get more rhetoric and more mercenaries.

BTW - Colin Samuel scored against Rangers last week.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Dichio, a fan hero for his heart, effort and ability to both finish and set up teammates for fine scoring attempts, was roughly forced out as the season entered its home stretch. There was conflict in the dressing room over how much more playing time Barrett was getting, and it forced the moment to a crisis."

So finally the reasons start to leak out. There are hints at much more going on than this, which I hope will come also come to light shortly.

The change in the club-based emotions from season one to now are shocking. The joy and simple innocence of having a team we all loved and who cares about the results - PITCH INVASION - has given way to political drama and clandestine hints from reporters of troubling undercurrents pervading the dressing room and back room staff.

We're only ins eason three and already we've got a huge mess to clean up by the looks of it. I would not want to be the next TFC head coach. Would anyone?
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't a well-kept secret about the nature of the Dichio "retirement". The sad thing is that it forced out a player that probably could have helped us into the playoffs in favour of a player that didn't help at all down the stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said this earlier today, but MLSE brass probably had an influence on getting JDG at the cost of respecting the greatest player in TFC's short history. They obviously were looking at the marketing angle of TFC by picking up another Canadian, and not how it would shake up the team. I'm sure it didnt help the locker room morale much either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my understanding Danny's "retirement" had nothing to do with the signing of JDG. Nor IMO had it anything to do with Barrett's playing time

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ where would the salary cap space have come from if not from DD retirement freeing up the necessary salary cap space to sign JDG? DD had to retire within days of the signing or someone else would have had to take the fall.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw gee- 117 shit or get off the pot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Aw gee- 117 shit or get off the pot.
    what is that suppose to mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danny's salary was less than a quarter of what JDG cap hit is so even pro rated the money saved is not large enough. Unless, MLS rules state that when a player retires his whole salary came off the books which I don't think it does.

Plus as of July 1 or 7 I think his salary was gauarenteed for the balance of the year

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question My Question Stands Unanswered

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Danny's salary was less than a quarter of what JDG cap hit is so even pro rated the money saved is not large enough. Unless, MLS rules state that when a player retires his whole salary came off the books which I don't think it does.

Plus as of July 1 or 7 I think his salary was gauarenteed for the balance of the year
    Cap space had to be freed up.

Where would the salary cap space have come from?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it means spill the beans 117 :-)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo said at either Danny's retirement or the JDG signing that he didn't need Danny's salary to make the numbers work. Mo had other options.

Let's leave the Danny stuff go other than to remember that Mo never let him have a last run out at BMO....
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...