Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default So I was wearing around my TFC jersey today...(story)

and I had several people come up to me and say, you shouldn't be wearing that after last nights embarassment (or stuff along those lines)

I told them flat out that no matter what the result, no matter how frustrating it is, and no matter how mad I get at them, I am with, behind, and will always be Toronto FC

just a reminder to those who may be feeling down or whatever, it is still our team, and we back this up with our colours, pride, and honour

thanks all, for a thrilling season with a ton of ups and downs (cuz thats what it really was)

prizby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quite right brother. No one's in this for the glory!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wore my Canadian Champions shirt to a hockey game. Couple people asked why last nights game wasn't available, said they would've watched it

Take note, TFC. Give CBC/RSN the last game of the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 Prizby. I wore my Danny scarf all day today and will do all winter until we descend upon BMO field for a new and hopefull season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had some poor uninformed soul come up to me, grinning, asking what happened. I had to tell him we lost 5-0 to NYRB. He just stood there for a second, looked at his feet and walked away with his head shaking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've got it dead on prizby.... Toronto 'Til I Die !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wearing my TFC sweater... and I got... "Did you see last nights game!" I wish I could tell him that I didn't...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I threw mine in the garbage and bought a Crew jersey.

now... do I get Archer or Schelloto on the back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont forget we live in Toronto, the land of fair weather fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its the people who stick with the team through the rough times that are the real fans, not the ones who jump on after consecutive world club cup champions(one can dream)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wore my TFC top around NYC all day today and I will do it all winter.

The organization might be an embarrassment, but this is my team and they represent Toronto...I'm a Toronto boy through and through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen Roogs...I share your sickness.

...and it IS a sickness

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh for sure. The looks I get from my wife says it all. But all I gotta do is buy her a pair of shoes and all is good...LOL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tell you what...

I sat in the Failte (the KW Crew's pub) last night and even before kickoff I really didn't expect much. We had a great turn out and everyone was positive. I had a bad feeling all week and when it started to go wrong I actually relaxed and started to feel truly comfortable for the first time since March.

This team and all it's drama, occupies so much of my thoughts and time and I worry and wait and hope so much that it's like a sickness. I get to feel well and unburdened for like 4 and half months now....that's good right?

See you in Boston, you sad SOBs!!!
    Last edited by Pigfynn; 10-25-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=prizby;767831]and I had several people come up to me and say, you shouldn't be wearing that after last nights embarassment (or stuff along those lines)

I told them flat out that no matter what the result, no matter how frustrating it is, and no matter how mad I get at them, I am with, behind, and will always be Toronto FC

just a reminder to those who may be feeling down or whatever, it is still our team, and we back this up with our colours, pride, and honour

thanks all, for a thrilling season with a ton of ups and downs (cuz thats what it really was)

god then no one should ever wear a leaf jersey after 42 years of embarassmet!! through that back in their face!! The one benefit from
    this latest defeat is maybe fans wont over expect like they did this year!!
    Lets hope next season fans are more cautious on what to expect from 4th yr team...We need to retain the canadian championship, learn to win on the road ( thats our major objective for me) and with luck a first winning
    season..just finished watching last night game is was a let down and we deserved what we got ..the players didnt care..the wanted out and on the golf courses in florida.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most of these players don't make enough to vacation on golf courses in Florida. Man, do you have a loose grip on reality.

MUFC_Niagara

I am TFC through thick and thin. I'll support this club until I die or until they fold, end of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yup...me too

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I wore my TFC top around NYC all day today and I will do it all winter.

The organization might be an embarrassment, but this is my team and they represent Toronto...I'm a Toronto boy through and through.
    Funny…I saw a guy with a Maple Leaf shirt on today and I asked how could he wear that jersey and he said.

"The organization might be an embarrassment, but this is my team and they represent Toronto...I'm a Toronto boy through and through."

Last edited by Toronto_Bhoy; 10-25-2009 at 11:06 PM.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    and I had several people come up to me and say, you shouldn't be wearing that after last nights embarassment (or stuff along those lines)

prizby
    Very nicely said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    I tell you what...

I sat in the Failte (the KW Crew's pub) last night and even before kickoff I really didn't expect much. We had a great turn out and everyone was positive. I had a bad feeling all week and when it started to go wrong I actually relaxed and started to feel truly comfortable for the first time since March.

This team and all it's drama, occupies so much of my thoughts and time and I worry and wait and hope so much that it's like a sickness. I get to feel well and unburdened for like 4 and half months now....that's good right?

See you in Boston, you sad SOBs!!!
    I'll be right there with ya!

I wore my TFC scarf today in the pumpkin patch with my wife and son and felt....relaxed....I love my team.

COYR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCtoMUFC View Post
    Dont forget we live in Toronto, the land of fair weather fans.

Is that true? When was the last time the Leafs didn't sell out? And don't give me the 'corportate buys up all the seats' BS. Cause you'd have to go way back to the early 80's in the Gardens to come up with an answer.

The Jays aren't as nearly as successful as they were but they just didn't recover as well as other teams after the strike. Lots of other people found other interests.

The Raptors aren't 'great' but they're very well supported in Toronto. They also have a very passionate fan base.

Argos... well, I'm not a CFL fan so I can't pretend to guess what they're up to but I think they're averaging 25-30k per game.

As for TFC, we're a newer franchise and let's face it, we've made some strides. We were handcuffed with the domestic players rule during our first year and forced us to employ sub-standard talent to compete with the rest of the league. The team has invested in a quality DP a grass pitch.

Let's face it, every city has fair-weather fans. But there are enough of us that know what's up.

Toronto till I die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post

god then no one should ever wear a leaf jersey after 42 years of embarassmet!! through that back in their face!!

Your posts are nearly un-readable. What are you, 7?

I love Sens fans who think they're high and mighty, but at the end of the day, they're a franchise whose never accomplished a thing, and always finds a way to fold up like a cheap suit when the going gets tough. Just remember, when the Senators didn't exist, you guys all wore your blue and white shirts just like the rest of us and cheered for Canada's team.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, It's like Croat told me the 1st season over a few rounds at Shoeless. He looked at me and said, 'You know this is a Toronto club right? They're going to break your heart.'
    Toronto Til I Die.
    That's all we can say at this point. There's always next season.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Your posts are nearly un-readable. What are you, 7?

I love Sens fans who think they're high and mighty, but at the end of the day, they're a franchise whose never accomplished a thing, and always finds a way to fold up like a cheap suit when the going gets tough. Just remember, when the Senators didn't exist, you guys all wore your blue and white shirts just like the rest of us and cheered for Canada's team.
    He's the worst poster on this site yes, but no need to judge the Sens fanbase because of it.

Your franchise hasn't accomplished a thing since 1967. We're really not that different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post
    Well, It's like Croat told me the 1st season over a few rounds at Shoeless. He looked at me and said, 'You know this is a Toronto club right? They're going to break your heart.'
    Toronto Til I Die.
    That's all we can say at this point. There's always next season.
    i'm already dreading the long offseason! ... unless the raps can pick us up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the dark, Sunday Morning, stumbling around for a tshirt. The odd's of picking my only TFC Tshirt out of the mix was about 5%. Of course, when I turned on the light to take a shower, it was my DeRo Tshirt. Its fate, so I wore it around all day. Toronto till I die.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForestGlade View Post
    I wore my Canadian Champions shirt to a hockey game. Couple people asked why last nights game wasn't available, said they would've watched it

Take note, TFC. Give CBC/RSN the last game of the season
    Putting live regular season matches on GOL TV when you are a 3rd year team is just plain dumb. They should be getting as much exposure as possible, not less. Having your most important game of the season on a specialty channel that most people don't have is not exactly the best way to grow the brand (OF THE YEAR! hurrah!)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shouldn't be wearing that?

What? Should we wear paper fing bags over our heads now?

Hide who you support? Great idea.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    He's the worst poster on this site yes, but no need to judge the Sens fanbase because of it.

Your franchise hasn't accomplished a thing since 1967. We're really not that different.

I absolutely agree. But I don't need to be reminded by a fan of another team whose as equally incompetent.

It's like taking financial advice from a homeless person.