Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Request: Chivas To Put Out The Fire

Road to playoffs starts tonight.
    I hope Chivas kicks the Fire's ass.
    A Chicago loss will help us inch our way to the playoffs.
    Anyone know if this game will be streamed anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^thought I heard that GOLTV picked up this game. So you can watch it on your tv if you subscribe to GOL.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torontotonto View Post
    Road to playoffs starts tonight.
    I hope Chivas kicks the Fire's ass.
    A Chicago loss will help us inch our way to the playoffs.
    Anyone know if this game will be streamed anywhere.

its on GOL TV tonight!! as far as streams try justin tv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GolTV is showing the game at 8pm tonight. I shall be watching.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, don't have GOL, but I'll try justin tv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Chicago holds all tie-breakers over us, how does this affect our playoff chances?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can finish as high as second in the east if Chicago lose, we win, New England win and DC United win if I'm not mistaken.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrHawk View Post
    Since Chicago holds all tie-breakers over us, how does this affect our playoff chances?

Toronto FC would finish second if...

Chicago Fire lose on Thursday against Chivas USA and then TFC, D.C. United and New England all win. That would mean a four way tie between the teams on 42 points and Toronto would win the tiebreaker with the best Head-to-Head record between all four teams (nine points from six games).
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

Chicago Fire lose on Thursday against Chivas USA and then TFC, D.C. United and New England all win. That would mean a four way tie between the teams on 42 points and Toronto would win the tiebreaker with the best Head-to-Head record between all four teams (nine points from six games).
    Sooooooooo GO CHIVAS

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's a remote chance of us getting second spot in the east and home field advantage for the first round of the play offs if chicago lose tonight and at the weekend, we win, and all other results go the right way.

not sure about wider implications than that though. best approach is just focus on us beating the shite bulls, then crack open a couple of beers, watch teh remaining games and wait for someone on tv to tell us we're in!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hvala denime

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post

not sure about wider implications than that though. best approach is just focus on us beating the shite bulls, then crack open a couple of beers, watch teh remaining games and wait for someone on tv to tell us we're in!
    Couldn't have said it better myself with Shakespeare beside me on a typewriter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a chivas win also means that columbus hasn't clinched the supporter's shield, so they might have somethign to play for against NE, which may or may not be good for us....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Torontotonto View Post
    Thanks guys, don't have GOL, but I'll try justin tv
    http://atdhe.net/

game is on there as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the notice on Gol TV

I'll be watching this...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

If either DC or New England fail to win then TFC would lose out on all other Tie breakers that involve Chicago, We have a better chance of making the play-offs if Chicago picks up points tonight. It would kill any chance of finishing second but would help in the long run to at least get a play-off spot.

I think we need to be cheering for the Fire tonight.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to treat it like the all-star game (where both results has positives and negatives) and cheer for goals, red cards and FIFA'ing that involves the officials for entertainment purposes.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't tell you how annoying all of this keeping track of how all the other teams fare against each other in this effen playoff race.

So who is it? Do we cheer for the ring of Fire or Chiv-ass?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I can't tell you how annoying all of this keeping track of how all the other teams fare against each other in this effen playoff race.

So who is it? Do we cheer for the ring of Fire or Chiv-ass?
    Chivas. Chicago winning does nothing for us, Chicago loses and we have a shot at second place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Chivas. Chicago winning does nothing for us, Chicago loses and we have a shot at second place.
    Chicago losing & TFC winning kills us in almost every tie breaking scenario.......Go Fire!
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK Thank you!

I'm gullible. I'll believe just about anyone. Even the 2 of you!

I'm rooting for the tie!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    OK Thank you!

I'm gullible. I'll believe just about anyone. Even the 2 of you!

I'm rooting for the tie!
    Haha......Tie is fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty strange cheering for an eastern team... but so be it. Go Fire!
    Last edited by Batman; 10-22-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK... so what do we REALLY WANT?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    OK... so what do we REALLY WANT?
    As strange as it seems having Chicago pick up a win or a tie & taking them out of any possible tie breakers involving TFC helps us.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago losing would INCREASE our chances of getting the 2nd spot, but DECREASE our chances of getting any of the wildcard spots. Someone would really have to run the numbers to compare the probabilities. It's been way too long since my last probability & statistics course to figure this out!! My gut feeling is, better for Chicago to get out of a tie situation with TFC and get 2nd place with a win or a tie, so we only have Dallas to worry about in terms of tie breakers, but I'm just not sure...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    As strange as it seems having Chicago pick up a win or a tie & taking them out of any possible tie breakers involving TFC helps us.
    As Hal said "I'm gullible". I just changed my post from go chivas! to go fire!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Chicago losing would INCREASE our chances of getting the 2nd spot, but DECREASE our chances of getting any of the wildcard spots. Someone would really have to run the numbers to compare the probabilities. It's been way too long since my last probability & statistics course to figure this out!! My gut feeling is, better for Chicago to get out of a tie situation with TFC and get 2nd place with a win or a tie, so we only have Dallas to worry about in terms of tie breakers, but I'm just not sure...
    Wow. I've never seen a scenario in sports when I didn't know what to root for.

I guess I'm thinking 2nd is a long shot so better to take the odds and just look for a playoff spot.

Go Fire!