Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    How many times did Cunningham drive the ball right into the keepers knees when he was 1 on 1 with the keeper?
    About as many times as he missed the net completely.

Tactics didn't hold Cunny back but Carver at one point did come out and say that he didn't understand how Cunny scored 96 goals in the league. I think its safe to say something was going on between the two well prior to those comments.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if reading wants to take a chance on 33yr old attitude problem and streaky striker, they can go ahead

just how much is reading willing to play? 250,000? lol.

no sense for MLS to sell Cunty, unless Reading is going to give up like a million bucks
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have already sent a warning to Reading through the Hob Nob Anyone? website. RFC are really struggling right now they have lost all their key players from their league record 106 points team in 2006. Shorey, Little, Sidwell, Convey, Doyle, Shunt etc. and manager Steve Coppell retired.

They are bringing in many academy players that look like they have great potential and have brought in an academy coach like Chris Cummins named Brendan Rogers. Just like CC he is adapting to the manager role.

They have several forwards with tremendous potential Nicholas Bignall and Simon Church and Dave Mooney in the reserves or on loan. As long as they avoid relegation I'm confident that RFC (my second favourite team) will be a threat to return to EPL in the next two years.

No way Cunny could help this team.

TFC should be looking at those forward mentioned above and the wingers James Henry, Hal Robson Kanu and central defender Alex Pearce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    About as many times as he missed the net completely.

Tactics didn't hold Cunny back but Carver at one point did come out and say that he didn't understand how Cunny scored 96 goals in the league. I think its safe to say something was going on between the two well prior to those comments.

Yes, and some people on here were upset that Carver would take that kind of thing public.

That does seem to be the thing about coaching in MLS - you're going to have very frustrating players, inconsistent guys, and you have to deal with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Bobby Convey back in MLS? Sorry too lazy to check the situation of his departure. If Reading wasn't pleased with Convey, they're not going to be pleased with an aging MLS life'r.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convey lost his starting spot to the speedy Kebe. Convey had a long term knee injury similar to Hargreaves. Many of the supporters weren't happy to see Convey leave.

Reading are one of the few teams in England that aren't accumulating debt and are spending profit on the academy, practice facilities and stadium upgrades.

It has been revealed recently that were losing money after getting relegated from the EPL due to the huge jump in wages. Over the last two years they have sold of their best players for 25 million pounds and only spent a small fraction of that for the current squad.

Reading won the reserve league title while in the EPL so that is a strong indication on the quality of the academy players moving into the first team squad.