Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Just got back.

a scalper bought the pair.
    He was 12 positions higher than me.

112, row 10, seats 6 and 7 are now in the hands of a scalper. And he told me that he was happy that those tix will go for a premium.

This douche had 6 together in 106, and bought 3 pairs in the south end.
    I'm fuming right now.
    he now has pairs in 112, 114, and 117.
    I would have taken either of his 112 or 114 pair.
    but because he was 130 and i was 140 on the list, he has all 3 pairs in the south end.

This is a total disregard for what we do. Someone has dropped the ball here… either TFC FO or ourselves.

We have RPBs that are at the very top of the renewal list. If a ticket rep sees a 112 ticket going up for grabs, why on earth would we not get a courtesy call to see if one of our members would like to grab it?

Can someone explain this to me? Now we have to deal with even more scalper seats than before. Day in and day out we try to get people jumping and signing to build this atmosphere and you tell me that a scalper got tickets in 112… and not just one, but TWO TICKETS!!!!

I see this as a complete disregard for what we do… you want to say thanks to me… don’t give me a 1 page add… give me RPBs who want to be in 112.

THANK YOU
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    and just for the sake of comparison..... LINK TO RAPS TICKET PRICING
    NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL are the absolute top leagues in the world for their respective sports. MLS is not in the top 5, maybe not even in the top 10 for soccer. Comparing is not appropriate in this case.

If you want to compare two different classes, take a look at it from a different perspective, comparing a lower class price being as high as that of a higher class league. Compare Bayern Munich vs TFC:

Level 1 - BM $87 TFC $88
    Level 2 - BM $71 TFC $70
    Level 3 - BM $55 TFC $55
    Level 4 - BM $40 TFC $35
    Level 5 - BM $24 TFC $25 (and $23)

Ridiculous and outrageous.

Anyways... this has nothing to do with todays seat relocation. Sorry for straying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    This is a total disregard for what we do. Someone has dropped the ball here… either TFC FO or ourselves.

We have RPBs that are at the very top of the renewal list. If a ticket rep sees a 112 ticket going up for grabs, why on earth would we not get a courtesy call to see if one of our members would like to grab it?

Can someone explain this to me? Now we have to deal with even more scalper seats than before. Day in and day out we try to get people jumping and signing to build this atmosphere and you tell me that a scalper got tickets in 112… and not just one, but TWO TICKETS!!!!

I see this as a complete disregard for what we do… you want to say thanks to me… don’t give me a 1 page add… give me RPBs who want to be in 112.

THANK YOU
    I did everything I could.
    I'm still pretty mad about it.
    either Techno or I were going to grab those seats....two old skool RPBs...

the guy initially said i could have the 112's...and then went and grabbed the papers for all 3 good pairs in the south end....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL are the absolute top leagues in the world for their respective sports. MLS is not in the top 5, maybe not even in the top 10 for soccer. Comparing is not appropriate in this case.

If you want to compare two different classes, take a look at it from a different perspective, comparing a lower class price being as high as that of a higher class league. Compare Bayern Munich vs TFC:

Level 1 - BM $87 TFC $88
    Level 2 - BM $71 TFC $70
    Level 3 - BM $55 TFC $55
    Level 4 - BM $40 TFC $35

Anyways... this has nothing to do with todays seat relocation. Sorry for straying.

but.... (unfortunately) it's the 'only game in town.
    It's the highest level of the sport available to us,
    so I don't think it's unfair to compare the highest
    level of one local sport to another.

yes, it's not a #1 league (or even close),
    but we can't compare to the rest of the world, just to Toronto.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ yes it's sad, and we deal with it.

There haven't been so many updates today??.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say that it's not fair for season ticket holders with 'priority' to lose out on seats to someone who doesn't have the same priority, but is a member of a SG. I agree with that logic, because it's fair ---- unless it's a scalper because then the whole 'priority' and 'loyalty' thing goes right out the window.

I can't believe none of the ticket reps acted on it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Still crossing my fingers.

My only goal is to drop down on price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They say that it's not fair for season ticket holders with 'priority' to lose out on seats to someone who doesn't have the same priority, but is a member of a SG. I agree with that logic, because it's fair ---- unless it's a scalper because then the whole 'priority' and 'loyalty' thing goes right out the window.

I can't believe none of the ticket reps acted on it.

We have guys in RPB with some of the top priority... does Oakville soccer club get a heads up if more seats become available?

When a fight breaks out in 112 because the scalper seats are upset that a flag is being waved in front of them then what?

this is an insult...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    My appointment isn't until Thursday, but I think you have realistic expectations about movement (might happen, might not)...

It sucks when you're right on the "price line"... 3 feet saves you a few hundred bucks...

Carts...
    Carts. What time on Thursday? I'm at 3pm.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have guys in RPB with some of the top priority... does Oakville soccer club get a heads up if more seats become available?

When a fight breaks out in 112 because the scalper seats are upset that a flag is being waved in front of them then what?
    two separate issues there.

If being a known RPB member was a 'line bypass' into 112, then it wouldn't be fair to people who aren't as well known. Seat relocation has to run in the order of ticket priory or else it isn't fair ----- but all scalpers should lose their seats and they should go back into the pool.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post

Level 1 - BM $87 TFC $88
    Level 2 - BM $71 TFC $70
    Level 3 - BM $55 TFC $55
    Level 4 - BM $40 TFC $35

That's because they are basically American games that aren't played much anywhere else. I know there is hockey in parts of Europe and baseball in Cuba etc, but as a rule, US sports are US sports. SO they are not in a global market, they are in a (North) American market. Same as TFC. SO I think the comparison is a fair one.

The major difference is, MLS has a much smaller following than NHL, NFL, NBA etc. And that's why ticket prices should be lower.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... If a ticket rep sees a 112 ticket going up for grabs, why on earth would we not get a courtesy call to see if one of our members would like to grab it?

Can someone explain this to me? ...
    I understand the frustration, but there's a list for a reason. If an RPB was the next in line then he or she would have had first rights. It would hardly be fair if a member of a Supporter Group could leap-frog over other SSHs. I know I wouldn't be too happy if a SSH with a later renewal appointment was given a courtesy call because a covetable seat was available before their rightful turn.

I think the real issue is that it was apparently renewed and relocated with the full knowledge that the purchaser was a scalper. Would people be complaining if it went to someone other than a scalper?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

two separate issues there.

If being a known RPB member was a 'line bypass' into 112, then it wouldn't be fair to people who aren't as well known. Seat relocation has to run in the order of ticket priory or else it isn't fair ----- but all scalpers should lose their seats and they should go back into the pool.
    Parkdale,

When being "Fair" means that scalpers are going to get into supporter sections... then SOMETHING IS NOT FCKING WORKING!!!!!

FFS Chicago Fire and DCU control their seats... but noooooooo not Toronto.

THANK YOU TFC FO
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parkdale,

When being "Fair" means that scalpers are going to get into supporter sections... then SOMETHING IS NOT FCKING WORKING!!!!!

THANK YOU TFC FO

again, read the post --- scalpers should have their seats removed.

if they aren't scalpers, then there should be no way to cut ahead in line.
    If people want into 112, then they can buy though ticket trader when people
    can't make the games, but to give them advanced SSH numbers? That's not fair either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    I understand the frustration, but there's a list for a reason. If an RPB was the next in line then he or she would have had first rights. It would hardly be fair if a member of a Supporter Group could leap-frog over other SSHs.
    It's supposed to be a supporter section! I'm not talking about getting dibs on the entire stadium... I bet any money that we have RPB's with higher priority on that list than that scalper...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    I understand the frustration, but there's a list for a reason. If an RPB was the next in line then he or she would have had first rights. It would hardly be fair if a member of a Supporter Group could leap-frog over other SSHs. I know I wouldn't be too happy if a SSH with a later renewal appointment was given a courtesy call because a covetable seat was available before their rightful turn.

I think the real issue is that it was apparently renewed and relocated with the full knowledge that the purchaser was a scalper. Would people be complaining if it went to someone other than a scalper?
    I think that being a member of an SG should come with certain privileges.... getting access to season seats in an SG specific section being one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy Unikronik View Post
    Finally able to put our scattererd seats in 110 into 2 pairs, one in front of the other. Time to resurrect 110 again!!!

Where are you located?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and we all know the relocation process is stuck in the 90's.

have every seat on a database grid, then show ALL the seats that will be available and use the powers of computers to let priority people get their pick of seats first. BUT if this happens, it means that the people going for seats today would have shit to pick from. It's a catch-22.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parkdale,

THANK YOU TFC FO
    I agree with Flush. Each supporters group should have a section/part of a section where they can call home.
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and we all know the relocation process is stuck in the 90's.

have every seat on a database grid, then show ALL the seats that will be available and use the powers of computers to let priority people get their pick of seats first. BUT if this happens, it means that the people going for seats today would have shit to pick from. It's a catch-22.
    Wouldn't work anyway because it doesn't take into account the seats that are abandoned when taking new ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfellow View Post
    I agree with Flush. Each supporters group should have a section/part of a section where they can call home.
    sure this would be nice... but. we didn't have those sections to start with and our stadium isn't empty enough for people to move around in. so it's not going to happen until there is expansion, or more likely, attendance decreases.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I think that being a member of an SG should come with certain privileges.... getting access to season seats in an SG specific section being one of them.
    but at the expense of cutting in line?

maybe if the SG owned their sections outright it could work.. but let say that someone is just a 'regular joe' supporter (currently in 116) and he wants to move into 112, but can't because someone who bought seasons [b]2 years after him[/i] -- but signed up for an SG got in before him.... how would he feel? How do you think the team would be able to explain that to him?

so yeah, I'm just saying that if it's going to be a fair system, we'd need to own the section outright, then we could say who gets in first.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Wouldn't work anyway because it doesn't take into account the seats that are abandoned when taking new ones.

sure it would - it's a computer.

if you say you want to relocate your seats, then your current seats go into the database too. Now instead of a rotating group of 600 seats, it's actually 1200 seats at the same time. Then when relocation is over, there's 600 seats taken and 600 open for new tickets (just like now)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as TFC is owned by MLSE, they won't worry about anything but the balance sheet, especially when they are getting a 95%+ renewal rate. If/when that starts to slow down, they might start giving a crap about the supporters. Until then, a ticket sold is a ticket sold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, you and Pek are some loud dudes.
    totally, you could hear us from your prawnie section
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again, read the post --- scalpers should have their seats removed.

if they aren't scalpers, then there should be no way to cut ahead in line.
    If people want into 112, then they can buy though ticket trader when people
    can't make the games, but to give them advanced SSH numbers? That's not fair either.
    Don't give me this being fair BS... That's an easy cop out. How about you treat those that treat you right properly...

How fair is it that Roogsy bangs on a drum with his back against the game every match... (missing 80% of the game) so a douhcebag scalper can sell his seats at a premium?

Is that Fair?
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure it would - it's a computer.

if you say you want to relocate your seats, then your current seats go into the database too. Now instead of a rotating group of 600 seats, it's actually 1200 seats at the same time. Then when relocation is over, there's 600 seats taken and 600 open for new tickets (just like now)
    This logic is flawed considering some people wouldn't move unless they got certain seats.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give me this being fair BS... That's an easy cop out. How about you treat those that treat you right properly...

How fair is it that Roogsy bangs on a drum with his back against the game every match... (missing 80% of the game) so a douhcebag scalper can sell his seats at a premium?

Is that Fair?

you've stopped making sense flush. you're arguing with passion, not logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys are upset about scalpers now...wait till the North End opens up and those scalpers want to relocate their tickets there...those will be fun times.

And once again, MLSE is the biggest scalper by volume and $...its called ticket exchange.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    sure this would be nice... but. we didn't have those sections to start with and our stadium isn't empty enough for people to move around in. so it's not going to happen until there is expansion, or more likely, attendance decreases.

and what's the word on the expansion? When has TFC FO communicated to us that they will treat us right...

this is bullshit...

To the new scalpers in 112... YOU WIN yet again.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS