Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trade Sam Cronin for Will Johnson

Off season soon, I could be jumping the gun, if TFC could get Will Johnson would be a good addition, and trading Sam Cronny for him could be quiet feasible. I would assume they get paid around the same amount, and to bring him home would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Cronin does make more then Johnson, but if Cronin is protected by Gen Adidias, then id rather have Cronin, with the minimal cap hit

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/sept...n__by_club.pdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no thanks, will johnson is fine but honestly id like Cronin

MUFC_Niagara

Ya, I really like the up side Cronin has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd hang on to Cronin. If were going to trade someone then trade anyone who did not play on Saturday (with the exception of Chad Barrett and Frei shouldn't be traded), that group of guys on the pitch Saturday was a great line up. Cummins dont blow it with Garcia in NY.

Mikey

Trade Garcia for a wheelbarrow, they might need one to carry the grass onto the pitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A trade thread? Today?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Trade Garcia for a wheelbarrow, they might need one to carry the grass onto the pitch.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe we pay Garcia $190,000!?!?!? WTF!?!?!? How is Wynne on $34 and Garcia on that...! I know I may get slated for this but in no way is JDG worth that much money in comparison to Dero's salary.....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    Off season soon, I could be jumping the gun, if TFC could get Will Johnson would be a good addition, and trading Sam Cronny for him could be quiet feasible. I would assume they get paid around the same amount, and to bring him home would be great.
    As I am a homer I would love to get Will Johnson....but prying him away from RSL would take a lot.....as for trading Cronin to acquire his services....it might work, as RSL would be getting a domestic and we would as well.....But not the right time.

I can see down the line Will wanting to come hear as he is a Toronto boy and it would make sense with all the CMNT guys here. Who knows.....him coming here may happen sooner rather than later.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Will Johnson would be a good addition but I'm not sure I would part with Cronin to do it...he will take over Robinson's role and hopefully JDG will take on a bit more of an attacking/box2box role.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manutd27 View Post
    I think Will Johnson would be a good addition but I'm not sure I would part with Cronin to do it...he will take over Robinson's role and hopefully JDG will take on a bit more of an attacking/box2box role.

It really all depends on what the roster will look like next season.......If Amado and Carl are not on the roster...I would love to have Cronin in there and even try to trade for Will Johnson to slot him on the wing. I am sure Mo has all the Canadians playing in the MLS on his radar...Trader Mo is always trying to work his magic.....
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the Amado in the World Cup next summer we will need cover in Mid, maybe we can trade Barrett for Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you who would like to bring Will Johnson here because he is Canadian yes he was born here in Toronto,however, when he was I think less than a year old he moved to England and stayed there until age 10, at age ten his American parents and Will moved to the Chicago area and that is where he stayed until he became a pro soccer player. Therefore, he is more American than Canadian having spent less than a year of his life in Canada, not much more Canadian than our friend Sam Cronin. Anyways, I think Cronin is a better player, what this team needs is people that can put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis, Mr. Will Johnson is not the missing piece of the puzzle for this team, let us not waste our time on this player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No more useless Canadians please :S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manutd27 View Post
    With the Amado in the World Cup next summer we will need cover in Mid, maybe we can trade Barrett for Johnson
    mls goes on break til knockout rounds...your assuming honduras can make it past the knockout rounds LOOOOOOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually this deal makes a lot of sense

Will Johnson is an awesome player, I'd love to have him here, and he plays exactly where we need some help.

Of course Cronin is great too, and I'd hate to see him leave; but realistically we do seem to have adequate cover in his preferred position in JDG.

Hopefully Mo would be able to foist Wynne and Garcia on RSL for Will instead (not likely I know) but Mo seems to have a knack for fleecing people.

But yeah, Johnson for Cronin makes a lot of sense and would help both teams IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't they the same player? Johnson seems to score a bit more but they are very similar to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno if Johnson is the answer but next year we need a probably 2 new defenders(Garcia OUT) and at least 2 players who are natural wingers which we have ZERO. I think with wingers on our team our strikers would be alot better and not have to do all the work alone up front. All teams need to do know is overload the box and we have nothing no width

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    For those of you who would like to bring Will Johnson here because he is Canadian yes he was born here in Toronto,however, when he was I think less than a year old he moved to England and stayed there until age 10, at age ten his American parents and Will moved to the Chicago area and that is where he stayed until he became a pro soccer player. Therefore, he is more American than Canadian having spent less than a year of his life in Canada, not much more Canadian than our friend Sam Cronin. Anyways, I think Cronin is a better player, what this team needs is people that can put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis, Mr. Will Johnson is not the missing piece of the puzzle for this team, let us not waste our time on this player.
    No one is arguing that he is the missing piece of the puzzle...and we are not arguing his Canadianess....(if that is a word). Fact of the matter he is a great young Canadian player who chose to ply his trade for the Canada....both him and Sam have +'s & -'s......Will Johnson is more of an attacking player than Cronin is...and if you are arguing people putting the ball in the net, Johnson is a better option IMO.......I would love to have both on our roster......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya right let's trade Wynne for Will Johnson sounds like a fair trade to me, please. It will take more than a Will Johnson to get Wynne, if Mo makes this trade it would be as bad as his move of letting our central defender Marshall go to Seattle for nothing in return. How has that move of letting Marshall go to Seattle worked out so far, playing a whole season with no capable center back and giving up goal after goal in the dying minutes of games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should just sign him period. No need to trade Sam Cronin if we can have both.

Get on it Mo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are both pretty similar players. Except I believe Cronin probably has more defensive capabilities then Will has. I woulnd't say that Cronin doesn't have offensive capabilities though, I think he does, he just doesn't need to play that role on this team. Therefore, I would keep Sam Cronin. Seems to me like he's more versatile.

EDIT: One more thing, why mess with a good thing? Cronin knows the players on this team, knows the system, there's no reason to make a trade like that, for all you know Will comes here and shits the bed because he doesn't like the system, doesn't get along with someone, who knows, lots of possibilities that could make that trade go wrong.
    Last edited by Pachuco; 10-19-2009 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    They are both pretty similar players. Except I believe Cronin probably has more defensive capabilities then Will has. I woulnd't say that Cronin doesn't have offensive capabilities though, I think he does, he just doesn't need to play that role on this team. Therefore, I would keep Sam Cronin. Seems to me like he's more versatile.

EDIT: One more thing, why mess with a good thing? Cronin knows the players on this team, knows the system, there's no reason to make a trade like that, for all you know Will comes here and shits the bed because he doesn't like the system, doesn't get along with someone, who knows, lots of possibilities that could make that trade go wrong.
    I'm on the same wavelength here, though their roles are slightly different, it'd be a lateral move in terms of squad talent and therefore doesn't really need doing in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about we won't give them Nick Garcia or Chad Barrett, and we get Johnson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give them Guevara, Robinson and as much allocation as they want (considering MLSE has enough of it).

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely Not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Where do I sign? Will Johnson will be a great attacking player for TFC.

Cronin is just a surplus of DM we have. So we can afford to trade him if we want to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never......!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Where do I sign? Will Johnson will be a great attacking player for TFC.

Cronin is just a surplus of DM we have. So we can afford to trade him if we want to.
    Surplus only is we get rid of Robinson......if Robinson goes I think he is our DM along with JDG...I think Guevara is gone next season.