Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i vote edwards. keep with what's working.
    as an aside, that also means no garcia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defence is a team game and it starts at the back....the very back!, that being said if you have one keeper thats is a better organizer, more experienced and a better distributor of the ball........thats the keeper I think the team should go with, if we'd rather instability and action shots we should choose otherwise. If the team is properly organized, goal keeping comes down to a question of, positioning and fortitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    Defence is a team game and it starts at the back....the very back!, that being said if you have one keeper thats is a better organizer, more experienced and a better distributor of the ball........thats the keeper I think the team should go with, if we'd rather instability and action shots we should choose otherwise. If the team is properly organized, goal keeping comes down to a question of, positioning and fortitude.
    Obviously Edwards wasn't organizing well because the defence did nothing he said. Yelling at your defenders isn't organizing. And since when did anyone even think that Edwards has more experience than Frei? I'm not going to trust Edwards who has played only 2 games this season. I don't believe they were impressive either. Frei has played all season and I'm not in the mood to risk putting a benchwarmer in goal for a game that determines whether or not we make the playoffs. If we have the option of Frei, he should stand in goal just like he has the rest of the season. If Edwards is superior to Frei he would've started ages ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards deserves the start IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards...
    Keepers aren't like other positions...
    you ride the hot one.

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    If Frei is 100%, I think it's his start. He's been our man all year.....

IF he is not 100%, even if he's 99%.....go with Edwards
    That's where I am...

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think sticking Frei in net now that he's healed would hurt our chances at a win, but I agree that Edwards has done a good job so far and he deserves to start in New York. Frei has the experience of pressure on his shoulders, but I'd be willing to take a risk on the young one.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    ^its everyones opinion but you have to look at the details, Cummins even notices and noted that Eddy commands the box alot better than Frei, but Frei is a shot a better shot stopper

Now in order be a good shot stopper there has to be alot of shots been taken at you to save, which Frei does (MAGNIFICENT) however I believe that the reason why Frei saves so many shots, is because he DOES not command his box.

An example of the difference between the two, was this past game how RSL were pushing for a goal, and Eddy made the decision to come WAY off his line ( i cant remember the time), and he went to go punch it, but missed, however he still disrupted the attack, leading to a goal kick. Now with Frei, I dont want to entirely blame losses solely on one player, thats why I didnt agree with it being ENTIRELY Garcia's fault these past games, because Frei doesnt come off his line, making it a more area for the defence to cover, also when Frei comes off his line, he ALWAYS hesitate.

After all i said -

PLAY B EDDY
    I agree with this post 100%.

B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looks like Edwards for FC's last stand

Coach says backup goalkeeper 'deserves a chance' after giving club shot at playoffs

Back-up goalkeeper Brian Edwards appears to have earned the start for the Saturday night in New York, the biggest game in Toronto FC's short history.

While TFC coach Chris Cummins never names his lineup until just before kick-off, he made it clear on Tuesday that Edwards' performance in place of an injured Stefan Frei over the past two games means he "deserves a chance" to face the New York Red Bulls in the final match of the season.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/t...fc-s-last-stand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Candu_88 View Post
    The one thing as a coach that scared me just a little was one shot by RSL that was low and down the middle. Edwards scooped up the shot with his legs spread wide.
    Noticed that too, made me cringe.

On a positive note, I noticed that I could hear Edwards yelling at his defenders in the first half. That's pretty impressive since I sit in 121.
    Last edited by druid; 10-20-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards

but GOD PLEASE GET HIM A HAIR CUT AND SHAVE

hes such a frat boy.

i was convinced he was here for the hookers and booze.

but he showed up big time

His arm is the secret weapon. He almost got himself an assist last game
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 10-20-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    Noticed that too, made me cringe.

On a positive note, I noticed that I could hear Edwards yelling and his defenders in the first half. That's pretty impressive since I sit in 121.

he also lets shots go that to us seem pretty close to the post

but he might just know his angles really really well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Frei is 100%, absolutely, no question about it, 1000% then Frei no question....take it and go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Edwards

hes such a frat boy.

this the only reason people dont want to give him the same oppertunity as frei, because he doesnt look like the starting keeper not in his stature, not in his appearance. If no matter what he does he can't win a starting spot because frei happens to be fresh off the tit and european, trade him and stop wasting his time. Iam tired players narrowly gettin by because they look like the kid next door, the kid we wont to root for. I think the best players should be on the field for this team at all times, and if you find it hard to cheer for those best players, if the team doesnt resemble a Tfc you envisioned. Then don't do it!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frei has had a good season, Edwards has been great playing the last 2 matches. But since Frei has been out a few weeks he might go in a bit cold vs New York, while Edwards has been hot last few weeks. I say put Edwards in while hes on a role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone said that they'd start Edwards over Frei half a season ago people would go nuts. I'm not going to jump on the Edwards bandwagon after 2 decent games. He is to inexperienced and doesn't seem to be able to control the defence. He doesn't know where his net is and he raises his arms and starts yelling at his defenders before the shot is let off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Edwards

hes such a frat boy.

only would a C.Ronaldo fan complain about this guys hair cut and facial hair. Ronaldo...what a pretty boy!
    Last edited by Carts; 10-20-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Removed innapropriate language...