Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    I will have one or two smokes
    stop smoking.. it's bad for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post
    I'll give credit where its due...Serioux had his best game in a long time, he played really well.

We played better in the previous game to be fair - I'm still not a fan of the back 3 - at least not that back 3 - if not for Edwards we would have lost that one. Nana and Gomez made several youthful errors. A better team would have severely punished us.

I was lukewarm on Guevera's performance. I feel he could have done more.

Not a big fan of DeVos anymore, some of the things he says are ridiculous or just plain wrong
    There are technical reasons why Serioux had his best game in a long time. He lacks the 1v1 defending and speed to be paired with Garcia and to deal with speedy wingers when moved to full back. Serioux wins headers, positions and distributes well and has the ball skills and agression to be a stopper defender. Having speedy athletic Gomez and Attakora paired up with him in a back three really makes sense.

3-5-2 is a sound proven formation that does well against 4-4-2. There is no best formation in football as a coach you have to adapt to your player's abilities and the opposition. Our three best players are all central midfielders. Our fullbacks have more attacking skills than defensive consistency. TFC does not have an effective lone striker with the needed size, power, skills, work rate and aggression for that challenging role. TFC hasn't found an effective centre back partnership critical for 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 in three years.

Based on the current squad balance and player strengths and weaknesses it does not surprise me at all that 3-5-2 with wingbacks is the formation that works best for us right now. It allows DeRo, Guevara, and De Guzman to play together and Jimmy and Marvel to play as wing backs and finally two strikers.

Beckham has been quoted in the past saying that his ideal position is right wingback in 3-5-2 and that is his favorite formation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good afternoon,

it was more than an impression, the impression was the first couple of de guzman's games, but saturday it was closer to a certitude.

nobody pasess the ball to de guzman !!!!

he keeps running and running, you can tell that he would like to join the boys in a schoolyard kinda footie, but he doesn't have too much of a chance.

i wonder, why ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alex andrew View Post
    good afternoon,

it was more than an impression, the impression was the first couple of de guzman's games, but saturday it was closer to a certitude.

nobody pasess the ball to de guzman !!!!

he keeps running and running, you can tell that he would like to join the boys in a schoolyard kinda footie, but he doesn't have too much of a chance.

i wonder, why ?
    I think because build up is not really part of our game.......we're still spraying and praying...........but it will change!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Candu_88 View Post
    There are technical reasons why Serioux had his best game in a long time. He lacks the 1v1 defending and speed to be paired with Garcia and to deal with speedy wingers when moved to full back. Serioux wins headers, positions and distributes well and has the ball skills and agression to be a stopper defender. Having speedy athletic Gomez and Attakora paired up with him in a back three really makes sense.

3-5-2 is a sound proven formation that does well against 4-4-2. There is no best formation in football as a coach you have to adapt to your player's abilities and the opposition. Our three best players are all central midfielders. Our fullbacks have more attacking skills than defensive consistency. TFC does not have an effective lone striker with the needed size, power, skills, work rate and aggression for that challenging role. TFC hasn't found an effective centre back partnership critical for 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 in three years.

Based on the current squad balance and player strengths and weaknesses it does not surprise me at all that 3-5-2 with wingbacks is the formation that works best for us right now. It allows DeRo, Guevara, and De Guzman to play together and Jimmy and Marvel to play as wing backs and finally two strikers.

Beckham has been quoted in the past saying that his ideal position is right wingback in 3-5-2 and that is his favorite formation.
    Agreed. A 3-5-2, or 5-3-2, or some modified 3-6-1/3-4-3 [ 3-4-2-1] is what this team is suited for. It is not about preference it is about the best formation for you players and the situation/oponent. Brennan and Wynne are solid wingbacks, problematic Fullbacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was expecting de guzman to be our go to guy, it's been three games or so, next is a very important game, and why not ? more games to come this year !!!

and he doesn't seem to be.

ah well, and second, in our last two games, the goals were scored by defenders, nana and jimmy b respectively.

late season, crucial games, and the attacking part of our team is kinda inexistent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Agreed. A 3-5-2, or 5-3-2, or some modified 3-6-1/3-4-3 [ 3-4-2-1] is what this team is suited for. It is not about preference it is about the best formation for you players and the situation/oponent. Brennan and Wynne are solid wingbacks, problematic Fullbacks.
    I agree with everything you said, especially the last comment.