View Poll Results: Will you support TFC this Saturday against RSL?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oui

180 93.75%
  • Non

12 6.25%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your confidence in the team

Plain and simple. Everyone's shocked from Saturday's result, people are calling for Cummins' head and some are talking about protesting in some way. Others are pointing out that we can still make the playoffs, albeit with some help.

How do you feel about one thing that nobody is really talking about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does this really have to be asked? Our next game is against a team thats no better then us and the one after that is against of the worst teams in MLS history. Two wins and a bit of help and we're in. Making the playoffs isn't the longshot some people are making it out to be ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not confident in our team at all, but what does that have to do with me supporting them? I WANT them to win...
    Last edited by squarehead; 10-12-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typo

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Plain and simple. Everyone's shocked from Saturday's result, people are calling for Cummins' head and some are talking about protesting in some way. Others are pointing out that we can still make the playoffs, albeit with some help.

How do you feel about one thing that nobody is really talking about?
    Not shocked by the result - "If I'm being honest"
    A protest is pointless. The future of the team is out of our hands, and nobody is happy with the way things have been handled so far. Change WILL happen.
    We need to support the players on the pitch if we are to have any hope of getting 6 points from the next two games. They need to know we're behind them, and I intend to bring that message loud and clear next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that we should support the team every game because it's more helpful than not supporting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell yes. I'll never stop.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're even remotely serious in what you're asking in this poll, then you have no business being on a supporter forum.

Get a grip. You don't just stop supporting your team because they didn't win. What a mindless and ridiculous concept.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im confident that our team will get a result in the first 75 minutes...any extra time after that has me shivering with fear

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't matter if it's the first game or the last, we will be there supporting till the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    im confident that our team will get a result in the first 75 minutes...any extra time after that has me shivering with fear
    Something fitting in having the 75 mile bastards supporting the 75 minute club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who are the three people so far that have voted "No - I will not be supporting the team against RSL this weekend"? Seriously?

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will ALWAYS support them...

I may not have too much confidence in the final 15-minutes of the game if we're up 1-0, but I'll do my best to support them even more during that time to break the habit...

Carts...

PS: voting no in this poll - that's a paddlin'...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squarehead View Post
    I'm not confident in our team at all, but what does that have to do with me supporting them? I WANT them to win...
    +1

People are unable to seperate the two. It's sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be there for 90+ minutes. Always hope even when hope hurts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would someone not support their favourite team because they havent been winning?
    I mean, look at the detroit lions, they still have fans. Thats just what i have to say to all of those who dont want to support TFC this weekend.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What team? Through a constant revolving door and "toe the party line" attitude, Mo has put together an arsenal of mercenaries. Many of whom seem to have little interest in whether or not the club wins or loses.

You have a group who are split in the locker room. The ones who are dying to win vs. the ones who are complacent with being mediocre - none of them seem to have faith in the coach, who, despite his criticisms, is doing the best he can with something that was thrown into his lap.

It's a mess and even though I'll be happy if TFC makes it into the playoffs, the best thing for the club going forward would probably be missing out. God knows we don't need another sense of false accomplishment.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me a TFC sheep but i'll still show up if we went 0-30.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now we've got six people saying "No" to the question "Will you SUPPORT TFC against RSL this weekend?"

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

- Scott
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 10-12-2009 at 08:10 PM.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    It's a mess and even though I'll be happy if TFC makes it into the playoffs, the best thing for the club going forward would probably be missing out. God knows we don't need another sense of false accomplishment.
    I agree. IF we make the play-offs it won't feel as though we earned our spot, and quite frankly I fear we'd get absolutely killed in the first round anyway. I'd hate for that to happen, and for the club to feel as though it met expectations. It's easier to clean house and force through good change when you've hit rock bottom.

BUT I still have faith, and obviously I want us to make the play-offs. Either way I do want to see some changes - and first up is Cummins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good thing about just making the playoffs, as the Red Bulls showed last season, is that a team can conceivably find their form and make it to the final.

That said, I don't think we are one of those teams.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    The good thing about just making the playoffs, as the Red Bulls showed last season, is that a team can conceivably find their form and make it to the final.

That said, I don't think we are one of those teams.

- Scott
    Plus we really just don't deserve to be up there with the very best in the league. I guess this is part of the reason why I dislike the play-off format. Sure we can get in there and maybe find our form and run straight to the final and win the whole thing - but really, do we deserve that based on our performances through the whole season? I don't know. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Play-off format would work better with me if it was the top 4 that qualified - and not half the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Plus we really just don't deserve to be up there with the very best in the league. I guess this is part of the reason why I dislike the play-off format. Sure we can get in there and maybe find our form and run straight to the final and win the whole thing - but really, do we deserve that based on our performances through the whole season? I don't know. Just doesn't sit well with me.

Play-off format would work better with me if it was the top 4 that qualified - and not half the league.
    I don't really look at it that way, as to make it to the final, you would still have to knock off a bunch of (one would assume) strong teams. My point was just that I don't think we are a team that would do that.

We rarely put up strong performances against good teams this season - most of our wins came against teams that are as good as us, or worse.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid thread.

And I'd encourage all the "no" voters (6 of you) to speak up with your foolish rationale???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only vote in English only polls.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like French polls.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post

A Champion team in my eyes would need to be the best team for that competition season.

I hate the playoff format for MLS (I do not care for NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, because there format is a lot better suited for playoffs, having a lot more teams). This because it may happen that a team which just barely makes it to the playoffs, just barely being better than mediocre through the whole regular season, to win the championship.

And in this case this won't reflect the value shown by that team in the whole season, but that just in the very end, and it can be accomplished by having to deal a lot more with the luck factor (because we're talking just about a very limited number of games compared to those in the whole season).

Sure, the defenders of the playoff system can have the argument that brings a lot more excitement to the table...
    In a lot of the top European championships the champion is known many times with 2, 3, or even 4 games before the final game for almost sure.

Still none of the European championships have playoff format, and nobody there is complaining that the championships would be too boring. Yeah, we have the fight against the relegation, which also adds excitement.

But the main issue is that when a championship season ended, we can be sure that the champion was truly the best team considering the whole season, from the beginning to the end, by average.
    But with a playoff system??? No way....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Think of the playoffs as an elimination-style tournament, like a Champions League, except played at the end of the season rather than throughout. Head-to-head games, winner advances, loser is out, results of other teams' games don't factor.

If the CCL ever gets more popular, MLS may do away with playoffs, though it seems unlikely as the closest there is now to "league champion" style in the US is college football and they're looking for some kind of playoffs. Look how March Madness put college basketball on the map.

Even when there were only twelve teams in the NHL eight of them made the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really should re-title this thread. Having confidence in a team and cheering for a team are two totally different things. One does not have to be confident in the team achieving a victory in order to cheer for them.

Are you suggesting that if we don't think our team can win, that we shouldn't cheer for them?

It certainly does seem that way.

AFAIC, anybody who votes "non" on this poll should never set foot in BMO Field ever again!

B

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes will support, but definitely feel real bad, also hope I don't have to listen to assholes (SIC) completely cut-up the team, (very personal and not for kids ears) and anyone wearin TFC wear, as I did walkin home again, I may lose it......do they have TFC hook-ups in the looney bin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Stupid thread.

And I'd encourage all the "no" voters (6 of you) to speak up with your foolish rationale???
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    If you're even remotely serious in what you're asking in this poll, then you have no business being on a supporter forum.

Get a grip. You don't just stop supporting your team because they didn't win. What a mindless and ridiculous concept.
    You two ignorant assclowns really need to suck it long and suck it hard. for real.

the point of this poll was twofold; 1. to highlight that theres a game on saturday (i.e. to drum up support for the boys!) and 2. to let people know that there are some people who will not support US on saturday. as of right now there are 9 people who will not be supporting the team. how's that for a stupid thread? to me, the fact that theres even ONE person dissenting is reason enough.

i'm a TFC supporter. i've sat in the supporters section for almost all of the season, i had tickets in 113 for the first time last game and i have 113 tickets next game as well. my still hoarse voice proves i'm one of the many people who were trying to spur the team on (no business being on a supporter forum, eh?). not one of the jackasses who complained every two minutes. not one of the jackasses who felt necessary to talk about their week to other jackasses beside them. you fuckers want to bash someone, bash the 9 people who arent confident enough in the team to support them on saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    You really should re-title this thread. Having confidence in a team and cheering for a team are two totally different things. One does not have to be confident in the team achieving a victory in order to cheer for them.

Are you suggesting that if we don't think our team can win, that we shouldn't cheer for them?

It certainly does seem that way.

AFAIC, anybody who votes "non" on this poll should never set foot in BMO Field ever again!

B
    Blizzard, you're right about how my semantics could be improved, but at the time of writing, I equated supporting the team with confidence in the team (if you didnt support the team, you're clearly not confident in them and vice versa). i still like the original writing of the question because its as neutral as possible (other ideas i had implied bias, which is also why my first post listed most possible pros and cons, to keep the posting as neutral as possible)
    Last edited by DichioTFC; 10-13-2009 at 12:04 AM.