Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Onward! - Just like that, you get it in the neck

Your thoughts on Cris Cummins' post-game comments, folks?

http://onwardsoccer.com/?p=1702

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hear anything else here that other coaches don't say - take the knives out and put them away.

It would be nice not to turn on our own.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh please "felipe" are you related to the guy or what? I guess you don't mind spending your hard earned money on tickets and seeing no improvement with the product on the field. There is no reason that a team with such great fan support will now miss the playoffs once again. Bad management and bad coaching is the reason we are in this mess, if you can't see this and think that everything is okay and we are moving forward rather nicely then so be it. However, I think most fans are starting to get fed up with coaching and management and we want change, if nothing changes we will be having this same conversation next year at this time of year again. Remember MLSE will bolt if this team starts losing money, and if this mess continues people will stay away and the great fan support you see in the stands will disapear faster than you can imagine.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's time to find a good coach, who knows MLS, and is from North America!
    MLS may have a salary cap on players, but not on coaching staff.
    Let's hope MLSE spends good money on that next year.

i'm easy to find, i'll be at the bottom having fun!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same thing happened in the PR game, CC claimed he told the boys "this is what they will do" and when PR did it they still couldnt defend it.

If his tactics arent working, and his players wont listen than i dont think MLSE should fire him, i think he should step down....

Good read Ben, although i disagree with one point, the late goal is not a master of stealth, ive seen it coming and expected it on many occasions (as did you im sure)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about how many times TFC have scored late in a game when they needed it. Very few times.

Other teams seem to be able to defend, why can't Toronto?

Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Think about how many times TFC have scored late in a game when they needed it. Very few times.
    I think we have managed it twice, and let it happen to us TWELVE times....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only person who didn't see it coming was CC (it appears so by his tactic of going into the same holding formation he has done all season that has had imploded over 10-times)... If it doesn't work, why go back to it..???

Even in the bunker, the boys started Forza TO (as we always do to sing out a win) and I turned, looked right a Stu and said "...too early, we're gonna f*ck this up..."

The final minutes when we're leading is like watching a car accident... You see it in slo-motion, a car turns left, you know its gonna get hit but you hope for some miracle... Then BAM. Crash time - or in our case, ball in our own net...

Carts...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    The only person who didn't see it coming was CC (it appears so by his tactic of going into the same holding formation he has done all season that has had imploded over 10-times)... If it doesn't work, why go back to it..???

Even in the bunker, the boys started Forza TO (as we always do to sing out a win) and I turned, looked right a Stu and said "...too early, we're gonna f*ck this up..."

The final minutes when we're leading is like watching a car accident... You see it in slo-motion, a car turns left, you know its gonna get hit but you hope for some miracle... Then BAM. Crash time - or in our case, ball in our own net...

Carts...

Carts...
    Not 30 seconds before they scored, I saw the ball pinball back into our box and turned to my wife and said "oh no, this is it....."

She said "what....."

Then she said "oh.......", followed shortly after by, "well honey, at least you can't say it was unexpected."

Didn't help much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, this all makes me feel a little better actually. here are most of us calling for a new coach for our team, and our current coach goes and announces he can't get TFC to do what he wants. thanks for making it easy for us Chris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Retarded. If Cummins actually used his subs then I'd say he did what he could. But when you say you spent 20 minutes yelling and no one listening, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't use your subs to make a statement. Gomez and Sanyang have proven they can defend, WHY THE HELL DID CUMMINS NOT USE THEM? Yesterday's game is the game I officially fell off the Cummins band wagon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^and for Cummins to say he had no defensive midfielder on the bench beggars belief...we had Sanyang there....makes you wonder if certain players are out of favour and his pride gets in the way of the correct decisions. OB was out of gas and needed replacing with either Gerba and to replace the hard working Barrett with the ineffective, non-combative Vitti was suicidal as we ceded more ground in the middle due to one less tackler. Sanyang should have come on then , if n ot before, to sit in front of the back 4.

As far as CC's comments go concerning ot getting his message accross to the players goes, I thought the Captain was supposed to be the Coach's man on the pitch.

Step forward Jimmy B.

And if there are players that ignore the coach's and skipper's instructions, they should be subbed. Plain and simple....no matter who the offenders are.

If CC is unable to coach, he needs to go. I like the man, but I'd like to see a playoff run more. Sorry, Chris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not CC it's the players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can't replace all the players.... if the coach cannot work with the players, it's always the coach that takes the fall....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    you can't replace all the players.... if the coach cannot work with the players, it's always the coach that takes the fall....
    The players haven't been playing like they want it this season. Our players are good enough, no need to replace them. It's just that the only time this season I've actually seen want and fight in them is in the 6-1 win over Montreal. They've just been playing regular soccer the rest of the time.