Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards had a good game but didn't get tested enough for me say more. I've been comfortable with him backing up Frei.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short cross makes it really tough for the keeper to make the decision to come for it and also communicate the intention quick enough that the defenders can understand it make a split second change. That is why earlier games conceding goals against a long striker from a long deep cross were far more annoying.

I have one other player to blame....Vitti. Just on the field and fresh and he is arrriving in the box as the ball goes it. Who's job is it to to defnd against a far post attacker near the top of the box? That would be the wide midfielder.

This team has some shape flaws. I have lost count of how many chances we wasted this year because no TFC player got to the far post and how many goals we conceded not marking at the far post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do i even need to say it?

great fuckin job today, edwards. he's a damn wall. and great distribution!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should have been Man of the Match- kept us in it several times- one superb save 2nd half that I swore was going in. Seems to command the box better than Frei.

Thought he was shite last season, but he has won me around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he seems in good form despite never playing (except for those practice games with universities and such).
    i think him and frei can both be solid starters in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we make the playoffs.....it will be because of him....!! Outstanding today!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    QFT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really glad Edwards has had a chance to show his quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    he seems in good form despite never playing (except for those practice games with universities and such).
    i think him and frei can both be solid starters in this league.
    frei who?
    edwards deserved the man of the match. several game saving stops, attacking on corners and great distribution encouraging a possession game.
    man, this kid will make frei worry....lots!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I though he was great today, he came up huge and made key saves in what has seemed to be the Valley of Death for the Reds this year, the last 15+ minutes. He was quite vocal, from where my brother and I were on the patio you could really here him during the first half, he played with such emotion. Good to see.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always like Edwards for his desicion making and decisivness in goal. I am glad we have two quality keepers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Really? Every point and every game counts the same. This guy has played 2 games all season and has had 1 good one. I don't know if you were being serious or joking, I'm sorry if I misinterpreted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They even showed a clip of him making a save during the 2nd intermission on HNIC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCUNITED View Post
    They even showed a clip of him making a save during the 2nd intermission on HNIC.
    Wow - I bet Don Cherry almost had a stroke!

Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure all points count for the same but lets give Edwards the kudos he deserves. He is under the most pressure these last two critical games with very little playing time previously this year.

CC in the post game interview said that both TFC keepers have some world class attributes but they are different. Frei is the shot stopper and Edwards in the box commander and defensive communicator.

Edwards was fantastic today MOTM with Serioux a close second. He shot stopping was really impressive. Great grass cutter dive late in the game to preserve the win and a quick collapse dive early in the game. He is showing strong technical improvement. Commanded the box well again and another great punch on a dangerous cross. He positional instincts were perfect today too. Several posts on this thread about Edwards distribution last week but today it was impressive. I love his powerful throws that lead to counter attacks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edwards kept us in it today...kudos to him fantastic work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's a very solid keeper who would be starting for alot of MLS teams.
    I'm sure he's happy that he preformed well in such an important game and we should all be happy for him as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like he's flourished under Toshack...man of the match for me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For his second game of the season... Edwards did amazing!!!

I'm glad to have both Edwards and Frei...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I just say that after watching his interview on TFC TV, I am now more of a fan of Edwards then I was before. He came out and said that he is partly at fault for what happened and that he didn't do enough.....but he stood in front of the camera and was open and honest about it. But the big thing that hit me was the emotion. You can see it in his face and hear it in his voice, this really meant alot to him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ agreed. you could see the anguish in his face increasing with every goal that went in. some of the layers were throwing their arms up. edwards was genuinely distraught.

Eddie and Cronin both went up a million per cent in my books on Sat night, and I thought pretty highly of them both already.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 shots on target, 0 saves. Good on him for being a man in front of the camera, but if you can't make a single save in a game you should be anguished and distraught as a professional.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards had a great first 2 games and sucked the last one vs New York. But he knows he sucked and he came out and said which is great. He knew he played a bad game and you cna tell hes hungry to inprove on that bad loss.

Also although he didnt play a good game vs New York its not his fault the team lost, if we cant even score a single goal then there is no way we are gonna win the game anyways.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's also hard when of the 5 shots, four are on breakaways and all _very_ well placed balls. Sure, maybe he should've gotten at least a couple, but that's life.

The fifth? A PK. That's (for all intents and purposes) considered a guaranteed goal at the professional levels. That was their fifth shot.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    5 shots on target, 0 saves. Good on him for being a man in front of the camera, but if you can't make a single save in a game you should be anguished and distraught as a professional.
    He got screwed big time by the defence. I'm not saying the stats are wrong, but they don't tell the whole picture for that game.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the defence did him no favours, but the goals weren't exactly howitzers, I don't think 1 or 2 saves would have been too much to ask for. There was a reason he was third-string coming in to this season.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was hung out to dry on one of the goals by Cronin, one was a PK which brings it down to three, really.

TFC TV is being a bitch right now and won't load properly for me so I can't even watch the other three but I remember thinking he should've got the second (he actually did get a piece of it but obviously not enough). I wonder though, how much each goal led up to the goal after? i.e. How much of each goal can be attributed to a possibly shaky confidence?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iansmcl View Post
    He was hung out to dry on one of the goals by Cronin, one was a PK which brings it down to three, really.

TFC TV is being a bitch right now and won't load properly for me so I can't even watch the other three but I remember thinking he should've got the second (he actually did get a piece of it but obviously not enough). I wonder though, how much each goal led up to the goal after? i.e. How much of each goal can be attributed to a possibly shaky confidence?
    He got a touch on both Angel goals. I was thinking that perhaps on a dry field with the ball moving a touch slower and with the ball being a bit more grippy that perhaps he saves those but let's remember, we are talking about Angel. He knows how to score.

He was really hung out to dry on all the goals. Four men break in and are allowed free shots .... and the PK, well it was a crap call and while it didn't effect the outcome, it still makes you question MLS officiating.

Watch game in six on TFC-TV and one can see just how good a job Serioux did on that play only to be screwed by the referee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ That's the other thing: Angel didn't hit those shots hard but they were indeed, very well placed. And never mind the ball being a bit more grippy... what about the field conditions? Possible that the man couldn't even push off with his feet properly.

I'll keep trying TFC TV but my internet is really having issues at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all we need to know is that Angel is the exact type of DP we SHOULD have gotten from year ONE!