Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sulfur View Post
    It's also hard when of the 5 shots, four are on breakaways and all _very_ well placed balls. Sure, maybe he should've gotten at least a couple, but that's life.

The fifth? A PK. That's (for all intents and purposes) considered a guaranteed goal at the professional levels. That was their fifth shot.
    If I was in goal for that penalty, I would have been so pissed and in such a bad mood - I would have just stood outside the post and waved the ass*ole to put it in...

Or just get a red by telling the ref "...Game's over... F-off and blow f*cking whistle douchebag..."

I'd probably lose my spot on the team for it - but controlling my temper has never been a strong point with me

Give to the kid for not only sticking in there - then standing in front of the cameras after the game (and not blaming the GIANT giants logo in the box LOL)...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    5 shots on target, 0 saves. Good on him for being a man in front of the camera, but if you can't make a single save in a game you should be anguished and distraught as a professional.
    Maybe the worst display of goalkeeping I have ever witnessed.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    Maybe the worst display of goalkeeping I have ever witnessed.
    Worst display of defence perhaps. He got no support and was left totally out to dry.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I agree. I didn't really want to respond to Bluenose13 -- being a GK myself, I know how bad I look when I'm left out to dry.

The thing is, when you do make the stop, you often end up with a save of the week in the MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Worst display of defence perhaps. He got no support and was left totally out to dry.
    No doubt the defending left a lot to be desired, however it's not like the chances were burried in the corner, on a normal night Edwards makes pretty easy saves on the 1st 3 goals, he was a mess on Saturday night.

BTW....Not that it makes my opinion right, but this is the first time in 3 years I have a called out a player for a poor performance......Edwards was brutal & I think he would be the first to admit it.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards was bad, defence was even worse and the offence didnt bring there game.

The field is probably the worst surface in MLS, it looks like carpet,(thankfully they wont play there ever again) and the field was soaked with huge pudles in the goal creases. Im sure the surface was slippy as shit and i think that made it even harder for edwards to stop the ball.

THis said, id give edwards another chance, but that game was just all round bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL guys who think he is awesome... really??
    Not sure if you rememeber But technically he costs us the Play off spot... The last minute tie against San Jose was all his job (came out horribly when he shouldn;t have ... trying to be the "hero" and left the net wide open) and if i am correct.. that would be qualification for us.
    Also goal # 2 and # 3 against new york would have beeneasy saves for frei they were right underneath him and were not too hard.
    I think he concentrates too much on "looking good on net" the money shot and what not and doesn;t concentrate on just keeping the ball out of the net.... I;ll give you that he made a few good saves.. but compared to those that he let in(due to his fault)...are way too many

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    LOL guys who think he is awesome... really??
    Not sure if you rememeber But technically he costs us the Play off spot... The last minute tie against San Jose was all his job (came out horribly when he shouldn;t have ... trying to be the "hero" and left the net wide open) and if i am correct.. that would be qualification for us.
    Also goal # 2 and # 3 against new york would have beeneasy saves for frei they were right underneath him and were not too hard.
    I think he concentrates too much on "looking good on net" the money shot and what not and doesn;t concentrate on just keeping the ball out of the net.... I;ll give you that he made a few good saves.. but compared to those that he let in(due to his fault)...are way too many
    Agreed. Although he's had some decent games, he's really not good enough to start. Don't get me wrong, the whole team was shit last week, but i just dont think edwards is ready.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

overall, as much as a keeper might be "left out to dry", theyre the last line of defence against a goal. am i saying he did a rotten job? not really, but he lost confidence everytime the ball came up field for sure.

anyone whose been in net before can tell you what its like to be inside of your own head after a soft goal and question every move you make, edwards just happened to do it after the first shot on net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    overall, as much as a keeper might be "left out to dry", theyre the last line of defence against a goal. am i saying he did a rotten job? not really, but he lost confidence everytime the ball came up field for sure.

anyone whose been in net before can tell you what its like to be inside of your own head after a soft goal and question every move you make, edwards just happened to do it after the first shot on net.
    Exactly. As a keeper, the worst possible scenario is letting in a soft goal that early in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Edwards was bad, defence was even worse and the offence didnt bring there game.

The field is probably the worst surface in MLS, it looks like carpet,(thankfully they wont play there ever again) and the field was soaked with huge pudles in the goal creases. Im sure the surface was slippy as shit and i think that made it even harder for edwards to stop the ball.

THis said, id give edwards another chance, but that game was just all round bad.
    new york knew

just get the ball on net, and we will score

sadly, Toronto cant even get the shot on net 90% of the time.

I cant believe i pay $600 a year for this crap soccer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That field is fast soaked old fashioned crap non-soccer turf. Low shots into the corners are tough to save under those field conditions because the ball skids and does not decelerate. It annoys me how often TFC blast over the net when low to the corner was the better option all season. The third goal should definitely have been saved by Edwards though.

I said this before. Next season against wide attacking team that score from crosses play Edwards. Aginst speed teams whose attacks come through the middle play Frei. All of those goals by NY came up the middle but Frei wasn't available and Edwards had earned his chance.

My technical assessment of the first three goals was that Brian was a just little in no man's land positionally. Tough timing decision to come out and close down the attacker or stay back and have more time to react. NY strikers took advantage of Brian's positional indecisions. Frei has been guilty of these kinds of mistakes this year too. This is where keepers improve with experience.

Let's be honest though world class striker's like Angel will frequently score on break aways. Why wasn't Nana man-marking Angel?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    And of course, he did call for that, and Attakora jumped and flicked the ball with a header just beyond Eddy's reach.

Every time we saw Eddy play, he was telling his defence to do something. Most every time, they talked back and/or didn't do that something.

It's very hard to defend your goal when you have no idea how your defence will react.

And yes, playing in front of Frei is different than Eddy. One is aggressive in attacking the ball in the 18, the other isn't so much.