Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Send a message: Don't go next week

Empty house from season ticket holders or supporters groups would make it abundantly clear how we feel.

I have nothing good to say about how this season ends. So perhaps by avoiding the joint altogether, I and like-minded supporters can make the strongest possible statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go as long as we have a chance.

Want to send a real message? No more buying MLSE merchandise or ANY other shit at BMO Field.

When they see the profit figures then they'll get the message.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great idea! I agree completely!...

but... anyone wanna pass me their "boycotted" ticket(s)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was pretty empty today still.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just let me finish wiping my backside with them and they're all yours. Face value, too.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Empty house from season ticket holders or supporters groups would make it abundantly clear how we feel.

I have nothing good to say about how this season ends. So perhaps by avoiding the joint altogether, I and like-minded supporters can make the strongest possible statement.
    SRY IM A TRUE FAN AND ILL GO TO ALL THE HOME GAMEs!
    and i think every other true supporter will watch AND chear on there team throught the good and bad times!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What and miss another tie? or if we are lucky a well fought out loss? after three years this team cannot still put together a two person pass.

When do you think our 2010 season tickets will come???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that next week they are giving out mirrors so that when your at the game you can see yourself getting screwed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember how good it felt on the final day of year one, when Dichio lobbed in that fabulous goal and brought the house down in a delirious celebration.

We weren't good then, but everything felt right.

After today, everything feels wrong. Very wrong. This was a pathetic effort throughout the full 90 minutes. We're rested for two weeks, playing a really poor team that comes in on only two days rest and we can't put them comfortably away.

Yeah, this thread sucks because our team sucked today. They absolutely hoovered down medicine balls today. They were heartless and uncommitted. They weren't playing like a team desperate to win.

And if they can't bring that 90-minute committment to a game at this time of year, they're not worth supporting for one lousy, sure-to-be meaningless game next week. They and team management need to be met by the worst possible response to this pathetic effort - deafening, sickening, foreboding silence and vacant seats in the stands. A glimpse of things to come if things don't change.

A clear message to all involved at TFC that if this sort of unacceptable effort isn't erased next year, soccer fans will not be understanding or tolerant. And the way to make that message resonate is to ensure that huge tracts of empty seats and idle concession and merchandise stalls.

The seats are mostly all paid for anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mlsintoronto and whoever else that works for MLSE that is on these boards needs to get the message across. PRODUCE ON THE FIELD, prices can't rise when we get nowhere. No playoffs but the prices go up. Makes absolutely no sense. On day one we were perfect, not a good team but a group of supporters that would die for their team and it didnt matter that we werent good. Now approaching the end of year 3, we are a bit better and less people are as crazy as they were day one and tickets are almost twice the price.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crowd today was totally flat. Reflection of the unconvincing performance on the pitch.

Stood in 116 today and there were barely any chants or cheers. Zero singing. West stand was lifeless. Hate to think this is a vision of things to come, but that's what I see when I think of how this season is ending.

Honestly, the most disheartening Toronto soccer result I've ever experienced since the Blizzard lost to Tulsa Roughnecks in Soccer Bowl WTF-ever in Vancouver.

And what a way to disgrace and de-value the pink jerseys they'll be auctioning off to benefit breast cancer awareness. Why would you want to remind yourself of this sort of performance with a high-value bid for a shirt worn on a day when a promising season withered away to nothing?

I'm livid.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 10-10-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needs to be done what real supporters in serious European championships do after some repeatedly very bad games of there teams. They do not show up, for 1, 2 or even more home games, until the team at least improves a bit. Until at least they play with heart.

Next week BMO field should have about 5,000 people.

This is the only way that the FO can be really shown that the supporters are the only success of this franchise until now, and they can not ignore forever to put out a quality product on the playing field. Period.
    Last edited by LesH; 10-10-2009 at 06:38 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    how about you buck up
    stop with the stupid "messages to management" BULLSHIT
    and support your club when they need you.

I tell you I have never seen such crap
    this is football, the results are what they are.
    if you are a support er, thats what you do. . . support

the only way to effect the play on the field is through positive reinforscment
    not adding to the pressure, and whining about when things dont go our way. . .

you think because you bought a ticket you are entitled to results?
    talk to fans of any club around the world that have had a tough stretch. . . this is so fucking riddiculous it sickens me.

the FO will never give a flying fuck about not buying merch, or not showing up to games. .
    they arleady have your money, mconsession $ comes from teh original rights to seel and not the product itself.

bithc about the results on a forum board or between friedns, but come game day
    shove your negative banners, your blantant player bashing, and your ranting up your ass and enjoy the fact
    that Toronto has its own football team to go see and support. . . I for one will never forget the YEARS and YEARS we had here without one.

forever Red - TFC
    Last edited by Technorgasm; 10-12-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about the supporters giving up at the same time the team does. With 15 minutes left, get the whole stadium to stand up and walk out. Much the same way the team has done to the fans pretty much all season.

If the they won't listen to the coach, maybe they will listen to silence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and how exactly do you think that by not showing up there is suddenly going to be a fix?

what message are you sending exactly? that if we fans don't have winners, we are not going to show up!! sorta kicks the shit out of the idea that we are actually good supporters doesn't it? if all supporters behaved like that, there would be no Leafs, no Cubs, no Liverpool, no Real Madrid, and i'm pretty sure that that the only teams showing up for the next World Cup would be Italy and Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This topic has been discussed before and I've found that people are more concerned about being "good supporters" than they are about effecting any real change.

Nobody is saying to give up on this team forever. They're just suggesting a way to let the entire organization know, from players to management, that the supporters are not happy.

The only way to do it AND get noticed is during a game. It would be the most effective.

I don't think the only way to affect the outcome on the field is through positive reinforcement. Sometimes people need a kick in the ass.

Please tell me when the players have been given a "kick in the ass".

It's never happened because people are too afraid of the supporter police.

If you ask me...the fans aren't doing enough to hold management and the players accountable. (and that's not a shot at the supporters groups...i'm talking about all the fans...including myself)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck a boycott. show up for RSL and lets end the season on a high note!! we aren't eliminated from the playoffs yet. CMON YOU FUCKING REDS.

PERSONALLY I really don't think a message needs to be sent. Are you telling me they don't dream of the cash they could make for playoff games? and don't tell me they aren't dreaming of winning the cup. perfect excuse for jacking up ticket prices even more.... they'd LOVE it.

you really think they'd say to themselves "OH SHIT! They won't support a losing product! Why didn't we think of that before"

they know this isn't the leafs. they know people won't put up with it much longer.
    Last edited by Brooker; 10-12-2009 at 10:06 AM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope all the whiners and complainers don't show up to the final home game. The rest of us will have a great time!

I get on the club when they screw over the fans, raise prices or screw legendary players. But each gameday, it's time to enjoy football in your city.

The atmosphere at TFC used to be about celebration. I know the team hasn't given us much to celebrate this year, but what's the point in spending money to show up and complain about things.

Enjoy the last game of the season - You won't get another one until March.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    PERSONALLY I really don't think a message needs to be sent. Are you telling me they don't dream of the cash they could make for playoff games? and don't tell me they aren't dreaming of winning the cup. perfect excuse for jacking up ticket prices even more.... they'd LOVE it.

you really think they'd say to themselves "OH SHIT! They won't support a losing product! Why didn't we think of that before"

they know this isn't the leafs. they know people won't put up with it much longer.

fuck a boycott. show up for RSL and lets end the season on a high note!! we aren't eliminated from the playoffs yet. CMON YOU FUCKING REDS.
    I hope you're right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    I hope all the whiners and complainers don't show up to the final home game. The rest of us will have a great time!

I get on the club when they screw over the fans, raise prices or screw legendary players. But each gameday, it's time to enjoy football in your city.

The atmosphere at TFC used to be about celebration. I know the team hasn't given us much to celebrate this year, but what's the point in spending money to show up and complain about things.

I appreciate your sentiment but if you're gonna call people whiners and complainers than I'm gonna call you a cheerleader and apologist.

I don't expect a champion or even a winner. I expect a team to do the little/simple things right. That's it. If we lose because we're outplayed or even outcoached I can live with that. I just can't stand when the team beats itself.

It's inexcusable..as much as you'd like to make excuses for them.

Also, if you're content with it just being the "hardcores" there, and all the whiners at home...pretty soon it will be just the hardcores...in a 3/4 empty stadium....and a short time after...there will be no team. I know this is an extreme scenario, but not out of the realm of possibility.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tell me you gave up on Play offs already?

Wild Cards
    2. Seattle (10-7-11, 41 pts., 2 games remaining)
    3. Colorado (10-8-10, 40 pts., 2 games remaining)
    4. New England (10-10-8, 38 pts., 2 games remaining)
    ==
    FC Dallas (10-12-6, 36 pts., 2 games remaining)
    D.C. United (8-8-12, 36 pts., 2 games remaining)
    Toronto FC (9-10-9, 36 pts., 2 games remaining)
    Real Salt Lake (9-11-7, 34 pts., 3 games remaining)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

+1

EAT IT
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are 2 points behind a playoff spot with 6 points up for grabs. You'd be an idiot not to go and support the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is not Europe because we have playoffs and once you're in you're as in as anyone else. It's not over so let's be supporters and support. Cummins asked for the stadium to be rocking, and it wasn't exactly rocking. Not going to the game won't mean shit, the tickets are already paid for anyway. This will not help the players in any way. Show up to the game please everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i guess i'm not going to be popular. i sent a message by renewing my tickets for next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Also, if you're content with it just being the "hardcores" there, and all the whiners at home...pretty soon it will be just the hardcores...in a 3/4 empty stadium....and a short time after...there will be no team. I know this is an extreme scenario, but not out of the realm of possibility.
    So not showing up on Saturday will just speed up that process then? What a sound, well thought out plan. Where do I sign up?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this the ghost of the pre-game thread? Man, some people just love to hear themselves talk, or read themselves type. Support how you like. Go and cheer, go and send a message, don't go and send a message. It's your choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCtoMUFC View Post
    mlsintoronto and whoever else that works for MLSE that is on these boards needs to get the message across. PRODUCE ON THE FIELD, prices can't rise when we get nowhere. No playoffs but the prices go up. Makes absolutely no sense. On day one we were perfect, not a good team but a group of supporters that would die for their team and it didnt matter that we werent good. Now approaching the end of year 3, we are a bit better and less people are as crazy as they were day one and tickets are almost twice the price.
    well actually it does make sense...Prices go up because the demands are high... Only time they will raely try to put a successful team ALA Seatle Sounders is whne the attendance falls dramatically. MLSE will never understand the Europian or South American Ideology of soccer which puts success first... they only see it as a buisness model. Don;t want to beat a dead bull since this has been talked about on the board to death. We are talking about 2 diferent world that talk 2 different languages. one is Money the other is passion...

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    how about you buck up
    stop with the stupid "messages to management" BULLSHIT
    and support your club when they need you.

I tell you I have never seen such crap
    this is football, the results are what they are.
    if you are a support er, thats what you do. . . support

the only way to effect the play on the field is through positive reinforscment
    not adding to the pressure, and whining about when things dont go our way. . .

you think because you bought a ticket you are entitled to results?
    talk to fans of any club around the world that have had a tough stretch. . . this is so fucking riddiculous it sickens me.

the FO will never give a flying fuck about not buying merch, or not showing up to games. .
    they arleady have your money, mconsession $ comes from teh original rights to seel and not the product itself.

bithc about the results on a forum board or between friedns, but come game day
    shove your negative banners, your blantant player bashing, and your ranting up your ass and enjoy the fact
    that Toronto has its own football team to go see and support. . . I for one will never forget the YEARS and YEARS we had here without one.

forever Red - TFC
    +11111111111

I am getting so sick of these stupid threads. Seriously, just support the fucking club! This board produces the most childish antics I have ever seen. I will be at the game because I am finally off on a match day and I am a TFC supporter through. Sure, I hate the poor results. But I don't come on here and call for everyone's head to rolll or try to stage yet another protest ().