Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Brosef and the Amazing Technicolor Dreambro!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, don't have to spend on playoff tickets now. Or playoff parking rates. Or buy beer at stadium rates. Won't be buying extra merchandise, either.

Family vacation in the sun, come March, I reckon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any team that consistently starts Barrett and Brennan has no way of making the playoffs for that reason management and coach are to blame........anyone who says that Barrett is a quality player and deserves playing time has no clue what the game of soccer is. This team has many holes and those are the two most glaring.
    I'm just glad the other leagues are in full swing so at least i can watch the way the beautiful game should be played.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, at least we're not the Red Bulls

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we may need to sing this song at the next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inswingingwingman View Post
    The Ontario Teacher's Pension owns 66 percent of MLSE.

They are in it for long term profits.

They don't care about wins...for example the Leafs. Top prices sports ticket in the world ffs. If you quit supporting tfc they will sell it for a buck 98 to the Quebec Teacher's Pension, and then?

Ever think that the league knows that having a Canadian team in the playoffs will kill the TV revenue. They want New England in. Fixed that up quite well with 4 mins of stoppage eh? And who is out now over cards?

Morons...

I love how giving up a 90th minute goal is blamed on the ownership structure of MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    Hahahah.. True that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least Toronto FC made the playoffs today...

...in FIFA 09

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After what happened today, I'd wager we'll be worse than they are when we play there two weeks from now.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the bright side. No playoffs means:

(1) Lots of money saved that would be spent on gameday. You could even save enough to buy a new television to watch a decent team play during the World Cup!

(2) Time freed up to do other things. Your significant other might be pleased.

(3) The grass can go in earlier and will be well established by the time next season rolls around.

(4) MLSE will be under pressure to get a real coach, not an assistant youth coach.

(5) You can start speculating early about the off-season.

(6) No need to stand in the freezing weather. You can watch the KKKrew hoist the MLS Cup from the comfort of your den.

(7) You can switch your attention to the Leafs, where another MLSE team has a losing season well underway.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the 73rd minute, I turned to the girl next to me and said the Quakes will score in the 92nd.

And it's courtesy of Nick Garcia, again.

I've never seen a team that looks so good on paper yet plays so poorly.

Upsides: Fellinga, JDG

But DeRo? Dude's distracting himself with his brightly coloured shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 more days until FIFA 10.
    No playoffs means more time for gaming.. haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

Fellinga was one of the only shining stars out there today. All of his balls were nearly picture perfect. Other than that... fuck.
    Well, I'm glad somebody other than me felt this way. The idiots sitting around me spent pretty much the whole game talking about how useless Fellinga was. I thought I was watching a completely different game.

But, yeah...irrelevant.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually JDG had a very good game and made a lot of great plays.
    DeRo had good moments but was inconsistent.

All MLS squads have their "holes" due to the roster restrictions and salary cap. You get some good players, maybe one or two great players, and some not-so-good players.

TFC's difference is that our not-so-good players are absolute crap.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unbelievable

What a way to start a Thanksgiving weekend.
    We give it up in extra time...again.
    Don't blame Garcia as much as he has been a liability, it was a great shot, however it looked like he didn't put much effort at such a crucial time to get some part of his body in front of the ball.

CC didn't do his job, and should have made some changes a lot earlier.
    He's gotta go. Bring in some real coaching talent, for the price of De Guz, we could hire almost any coach in the world.
    This game sucked from the start. Had a bad feeling throughout the match. I knew we should have got and insurance marker based on were the worst team in the last 10 minutes in the MLS.

De Guzman seems to be way under utilized since joining this team.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Jeff View Post
    Well, I'm glad somebody other than me felt this way. The idiots sitting around me spent pretty much the whole game talking about how useless Fellinga was. I thought I was watching a completely different game.

But, yeah...irrelevant.
    He should have been more ruthless on a couple of shot opportunities. But otherwise did fairly well. For someone (once again ) playing out of position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say I thought JDG was excellent today, unfortunately he creates an opportunity and it is wasted. His skill creates space, he holds the ball up and attracts opposing players then moves the ball in to space. It is brilliant to watch, but the attacking players are not on the same page as he is. I see a bright future when they start understanding what each other is doing, but that will be next season.

Fellinga also looked very good today. He needs more time, but I like what I see.

I am really excited for next season, and good thing, because this season is over. That draw today was the nail in the coffin that sealed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh The Reds Are Shite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

loved Fellinga's crosses today. finally someone who can cross a ball straight and nice.
    JDG was a joy to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ffs...those of you calling for a boycott, get real...we gave away points carelessly, yes. If supporting a team that fucks up is not for you, jump on the bandwagon of one of the top clubs.
    I'm pissed off as fuck, but, please, get real. Besides, next week is Danny Dichio day and we owe it to the big man.
    Right I'm off to crawl into a hole...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
    What's even more depressing is that they've spent all their DP money on a midfielder who will NEVER make the difference.
    What a waste of f*cking money.
    You're forgetting the fact the fact that he's a CANADIAN DP. I honestly believe that that is why we have him, not due to need or neccesity, but because he's Canadian. He didn't play badly, but I really feel our $$'s could have been spent somewhere more productive and useful.

As for Cummins, the guy is an idiot, no footy savvy at all. No real idea of what he is doing. 1 sub.....meh, idiocy.

The minute we scored the goal we backed off, literally. It was an embarressment plain and simple. Even the goal was lucky, no real chances throughout the whole game.
    Last edited by flambe; 10-10-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: drunken ramblings..... ;P

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    You're forgetting the fact the fact that he's a CANADIAN DP. One who really didn't want to be here in the first place. Biggest waste of DP dollars ever IMHO.
    WOW. A week ago everyone is gushing over JDG, and now he's the biggest waste of money ever?

I dunno if it's just me, but it seems like the majority of people here just love pointing the finger of blame on everyone possible. JDG is a good player who will do his bit. How can JDG be at fault today!? More importantly, what other 28 year old DP would you have signed, realistically? Stop living in FIFA Manager Mode and see that TFC is an MLS club, so we'd either get a wash up, or a Canadian international. I'm glad we got someone who will be able to play for the next three years, without a wheelchair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1. JDG would fare a lot better if our defenders didn't punt the ball up to the forwards on every possession.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit game. I don't think the players came to play the full 90 minutes plus. They all looked out of gas. Can't remember the time mark, but there was a ball clearing from our end and DeRo had a clear run at it, but just jogged to it and got beaten. I also think the reffing was very poor. Also, the player that scored for San Jose, mocking the supporters in NEE wasn't smart. Cocksucker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW. A week ago everyone is gushing over JDG, and now he's the biggest waste of money ever?

I dunno if it's just me, but it seems like the majority of people here just love pointing the finger of blame on everyone possible. JDG is a good player who will do his bit. How can JDG be at fault today!? More importantly, what other 28 year old DP would you have signed, realistically? Stop living in FIFA Manager Mode and see that TFC is an MLS club, so we'd either get a wash up, or a Canadian international. I'm glad we got someone who will be able to play for the next three years, without a wheelchair.
    er......

I never gushed over JDG...ever.

Yeah he's 28, big fucking deal. He's a defensive midfielder. We need a striker, unless you're happy with our abismal ability to score goals?

I never blamed him for the loss.

However I do think the only reason we went after him is cause he's Canadian, which to me is not a good reason to pay big $$'s for a player we don't really need.

and most inportantly, I edited that post cause I was rambling like a drunken fool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first off, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

lets put things into perspective, nothing short of a playoff birth will make me believe in cummins or this MF-heavy squad again. SECOND-WORST team in the league, IN OUR HOUSE and we 1. cant find a second goal or 2. DEFEND IN THE 93'??????? what are we, the buffalo bills of the MLS?? fuck this shit, i'm upset that i already bought tickets for next week's game.

lastly, i smashed my knuckles punching the 113-114 metal wall as i was leaving IMMEDIATELY after SJ scored that last goal... hand slightly bruised, but OMG i could've torn down the field if i had a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    er......

I never gushed over JDG...ever.

Yeah he's 28, big fucking deal. He's a defensive midfielder. We need a striker, unless you're happy with our abismal ability to score goals?

I never blamed him for the loss.

However I do think the only reason we went after him is cause he's Canadian, which to me is not a good reason to pay big $$'s for a player we don't really need.

and most inportantly, I edited that post cause I was rambling like a drunken fool
    as right as you are, we need defence slightly more than we need striking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manpon View Post
    Shit game. I don't think the players came to play the full 90 minutes plus. They all looked out of gas. Can't remember the time mark, but there was a ball clearing from our end and DeRo had a clear run at it, but just jogged to it and got beaten. I also think the reffing was very poor. Also, the player that scored for San Jose, mocking the supporters in NEE wasn't smart. Cocksucker.

several times with several players.... honestly, barrett showed the most heart today with his hustle, everyone else was lacking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo being inconsisent that game was an understatement, he was having a really off game. Cummins, what can be said that hasnt been said before? He's got no brain. That's how the management can be blamed, hes still there. We know we have a problem giving up goals in the last 15, we know we have a conditioning problem on top of that, we know he's not been good with managing the last 15 minutes of the game, etc. etc. etc.

Even if we CAN get in, we shouldnt. A team shouldnt be in the playoffs because other teams LOSE we should be in because weve won.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    several times with several players.... honestly, barrett showed the most heart today with his hustle, everyone else was lacking.
    Barrett played very well...I'm just trying to figure out why he started playing well in Chicago and today...he's played shit all year, and decides to turn it on in the last couple of games