Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    ^ let's not make it personal or this thread gets closed. I'm on my best behavior today and advise everyone else to be as well.
    Fuck off man, he came in here with the personal bullshit.

olegunnar

^ let's not make it personal or this thread gets closed. I'm on my best behavior today and advise everyone else to be as well.
    Is it out of line to make jokes about someone that posts a public album of a cat...a cat!! on their rpb profile page?

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarez View Post
    Aside from stuffing your face with buffalo wings at joes and being a lil bitch thats scared to show your face in public, what have you personally done to show your support for TFC?
    You know what, don't make it personal here Barbarez. H-bomb brings flags, shows up for reserve games and is one of the louder voices in the south end.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from stuffing your face with buffalo wings at joes and being a lil bitch thats scared to show your face in public, what have you personally done to show your support for TFC?
    I love the internet warrior attitude of "you never show you face in public" That's as retarded as everything else you say on here. Here's a good link for you to post these shitty articles on www.ultras114.com . stay there you worthless fuck.

Sorry Parky...no interest in best behavior today.
    Last edited by H Bomb; 06-10-2008 at 09:10 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

NBA finals or TFC regular season game....hmmmm I know what I would pick, however, I'm not a fan ofbasketball, just the Raptors.

However, it's taken basketball a while to get to this point. I remember the first few years the Raptors were around, NBA had just as hard a time getting viewings at the bars. It was all about the MLB and NHL back then.

Also, people are interested in the type of NBA Final it is this year. Celtics and Lakers, two historic teams playing in the finals. It's not like it's a regular season NBA game that is taking over the TFC time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say football is a joke in Toronto but I believe that the ideology is that if you arent at at TFC game to watch it live, then there's no point at watching it at all. That's pretty much how it's viewed around the city. Guys at pubs who've made it out to one or two games agree that it's a blast but they won't bother to watch it on tv. NBA finals is a big deal with a lot of money involved, so I could understand customers coming to watch the game. However, one freakin tv is not asking for much and they should have done it. Makes no sense considering you got so much tvs and yet you can't change one.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't think he was talking to you at first. I think it was to H-Bomb - look at the post times.

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    I love the internet warrior attitude of "you never show you face in public" That's as retarded as everything else you say on here. Here's a good link for you to post these shitty articles on www.ultras114.ca . stay there you worthless fuck.

Sorry Parky...no interest in best behavior today.
    Internet warrior you are... half the RPB know me personally along with U sector and NEE. It's not hard to find me man...if you have anything against myself or my group you come to liberty and say it to our faces. I dont know you or the people you hang out with so stop being a lil PC bitch and confront me please.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was talking about the article you posted. that's it.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess I better post before lock-down...

No-one should try to draw a connection between the people who attend TFC games (and the ones who can't get tickets) with people who don't care about the team and/or football. The sport and the MLS just don't have the level of support that other sports do.

And the idea that a basketball fan should prefer watching the local football team over the NBA finals doesn't hold water either - how many of you would prefer watching a Marlies game over football? Would you rather watch (yet another) Jays game, or the FA cup?
    Last edited by Kevvv; 06-10-2008 at 09:18 AM.

Barbarez

He was talking about the article you posted. that's it.
    "Then he has the balls to tell other fans that THEY are the ones accepting BS from other people(FO, MLS). We should start a "Ultras daily bitch" sticky."

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by God Save The Queen View Post
    I wouldn't say football is a joke in Toronto but I believe that the ideology is that if you arent at at TFC game to watch it live, then there's no point at watching it at all. That's pretty much how it's viewed around the city. Guys at pubs who've made it out to one or two games agree that it's a blast but they won't bother to watch it on tv. NBA finals is a big deal with a lot of money involved, so I could understand customers coming to watch the game. However, one freakin tv is not asking for much and they should have done it. Makes no sense considering you got so much tvs and yet you can't change one.
    I think your post supports what I was trying to say. It's a live event culture that's based on a foundation of "having a blast" rather than an affinity for the game of soccer.

I get that the game at this level is new to the masses, and I have no problem with "having a blast" luring new fans in, but I'd hoped by now there'd be more of a foundation of soccer fans rather than party fans.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had a similiar happening here in Ottawa early in the TFC season. Granted the smallish pub we were in only had a few TV's but they would not even entertain the thought of putting the TFC game on one of them so...
    we drank up, paid our bill and told them we would not be back.
    And I for one haven't been back except once at a lunch time when I explained to a manager that they had "missed the boat" on garnering repeat business.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    I think your post supports what I was trying to say. It's a live event culture that's based on a foundation of "having a blast" rather than an affinity for the game of soccer.

I get that the game at this level is new to the masses, and I have no problem with "having a blast" luring new fans in, but I'd hoped by now there'd be more of a foundation of soccer fans rather than party fans.
    Agreed, by now there should be a foundation of soccer fans as opposed to those who just have a good time and care fuck all after 90mins is up. However, with 16,000 season ticket holders, that's really a close-knit community. The other 4,000 will change from game to game. Still don't understand why one tv wasnt changed, customer satisfaction should be the key at any establishment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That article was well written and sums up EXACTLY how I feel.

Cheers Ultras

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internet warrior you are... half the RPB know me personally along with U sector and NEE. It's not hard to find me man...if you have anything against myself or my group you come to liberty and say it to our faces. I dont know you or the people you hang out with so stop being a lil PC bitch and confront me please.
    And they know me personally too, and it's not hard to find me, and I'm pretty sure you're the asshole who comes onto our board to bitch about us, not the other way around. So please please please, fuck off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God Save The Queen View Post
    Still don't understand why one tv wasnt changed, customer satisfaction should be the key at any establishment.
    But what about the customers who were already there and watching the finals?? they were paying money for food and drinks too, and I guarantee that there were more basketball fans then TFC fans there.

Barbarez

And they know me personally too, and it's not hard to find me, and I'm pretty sure you're the asshole who comes onto our board to bitch about us, not the other way around. So please please please, fuck off.
    Who knows you man?????? Nobody, you hang out with your lil rpb clique and you're unseen and unheard from. Not too long ago you didn't want to show up to a tifo making because you found out that I was going. Whos the lil bitch now???

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    But what about the customers who were already there and watching the finals?? they were paying money for food and drinks too, and I guarantee that there were more basketball fans then TFC fans there.
    It's BP, it's not like they only have 2 t.vs in the whole joint.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the article made some good points.
    It was definitely more enjoyable than the last one.
    As people have said, TFC is still growing and I think we should have a little patience.
    I'm not saying we should be complacent though.
    We need to keep showing the great support, and even do more to show our enthusiasm.
    More people are coming around... and more people will continue to come around.

It was good to read:
    Our focus is to be a portal for newcomers to the beautiful game looking to understand the culture better, and for already-established football enthusiasts aiming to better their understanding of the sport.
    Those are the kind of words I want to hear.
    That message comes through far clearer than the one in the last story.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows you man?????? Nobody, you hang out with your lil rpb clique and you're unseen and unheard from. Not too long ago you didn't want to show up to a tifo making because you found out that I was going. Whos the lil bitch now???

hahahahahahhaha

You're so fucking Ultra. I know a huge amount ofthe folks on here and in the North End, and know many U-Sectorians as well, not that I need to explain myself to a cunt like you. Now like I said, go back to your cave and bitch there you stupid fuck

Come on Mods, is this seriously not enough to close a thread ^^^

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop it man. seriously. drop it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahahahahhaha

You're so fucking Ultra. I know a huge amount ofthe folks on here and in the North End, and know many U-Sectorians as well, not that I need to explain myself to a cunt like you. Now like I said, go back to your cave and bitch there you stupid fuck

Come on Mods, is this seriously not enough to close a thread ^^^
    you drop it too. really - ignore him.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sandbox is closed.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You should have gone to Shoeless, Barbarez. I guarantee you the match would have been on there

The hard reality is that this article makes some excellent points. The only way we will see this change is with time and by staying true. We cannot expect to change the Toronto sports mentality overnight, but we should continue to stay the course and build on what we have.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy