Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Please Be Honest ???

Do you find yourself not giving a Fuck anymore for the most part about TFC ..Sure it is a fun gameday experience but after that who Really gives a Ratass about it to a degree

I Love the Team and all but its wearing off a bit>

Its just missing something
    comments and honesty please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um. no.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was singing chants in my head all day today, thinking about possible summer acquisitions and about how much I missed watching them play, because I missed the Houston game. So, basically no.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People like you shouldn't be part of a supporter club........Go grab a hot dog, check out your blackberry & make sure you leave early to miss the traffic......Sound familar ???
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more the opposite. I'm getting more and more into it every day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    People like you shouldn't be part of a supporter club........Go grab a hot dog, check out your blackberry & make sure you leave early to miss the traffic......Sound familar ???

I am allowed to do what I please ..Am I not???

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with those of you that cant get enough of TFC.

TFC I LOVE.

Then you got the EURO.

I love it all.

TORONTO TILL I DIE

AND VIVA PORTUGAL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope. Don't have any idea what you're talking about.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this... Retarded thread day on the RPB board?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Dikestra View Post
    No. Get out.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you find yourself not giving a Fuck anymore for the most part about TFC ..Sure it is a fun gameday experience but after that who Really gives a Ratass about it to a degree

I'll be honest and to a certain point I agree with you. Watching MLSE fuck shit up is a thing of beauty. Add that with the same old whining bitches I got to put up with...it is wearing a bit thin. With that said this is only year 2 and I've been a sports junkie my whole life. I appreciate the sport and love it with all the passion in the world...but sometimes after watching an EPL, LaLiga, Serie A etc. match...it's hard to digest TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you are mate, but posting on a TFC message board that you don't give a ratsass about the team leaves a little bit to be desired don't you think?

There are thousands of other boards on the net to entertain you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is why futebol fans have a mental "war" between casual fans, who think its a fad and wears off, and the fanatics. thats why there are hooligans, ultras, torcidas,etc. and there are people who care once in a while. supporter groups exist for a reason to.

i agree to a point though, toronto fc is not my main club, its really Atletico Mineiro from brasil who i without a doubt support greater, but tfc is not something that wears off to me, you gotta understand !!
    Last edited by Angelo1405; 06-09-2008 at 07:42 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God Save The Queen View Post
    I'll be honest and to a certain point I agree with you. Watching MLSE fuck shit up is a thing of beauty. Add that with the same old whining bitches I got to put up with...it is wearing a bit thin. With that said this is only year 2 and I've been a sports junkie my whole life. I appreciate the sport and love it with all the passion in the world...but sometimes after watching an EPL, LaLiga, Serie A etc. match...it's hard to digest TFC.
    Thats all I am saying .. .Cheers .. I do love the team and Fans the most ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

umm not really...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 100% opposit to you... I care more everyday...

I have grown to love the team, players, coaches, the great people in this group, the usher in my section, everything... And that's all based that I want this team, OUR TEAM, to succeed in every way possible...

I beleive that our group is very open to everyone, but you asked for honesty, and in my honest opinion you don't share the passion that most do in this supporters group...

TFC gives me something to beleive in...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Steve-Tor said it best.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't really relate to what you're talking about (honestly).

However, if you're a season ticket holder, there are a lot of people here who would be glad to take over your seats.
    Why spend your hard-earned cash on something that's not important to you?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow just wow..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lenny,
    I'll give you credit.

You're not afraid of being roasted. I'll give you credit for that.
    LOL
    Batman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHollister View Post
    I'm more the opposite. I'm getting more and more into it every day.

and yea... that's how i feel too. Totally agree. I also must say MLS is no where as well managed as it should be. Also MLSE does a horrible job managing it in "our" standards but with respect to North American standards, they're doing a damn good job for a country that's DOMINATED by other sports. Keep in mind that most of us grew up/lived in/experienced living in a country with futbol as the native sport of the country. Kids play it on the street, school yards, rooftops, gyms, everywhere. I don't know if you noticed but i think there is a sport called hockey or something that these guys play here... with a stick, and some round thing and it's on ice... dunno if u've noticed but I have

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, me here, trying not to take it personal...how have we fucked it up exactly? is it the most improved team that you dislike? the attention to conditioning and the well being of our players? is it that you still have, by far, the best value in sports in Toronto and something that thousands of others covet?

now who's a whining bitch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not give a fuck about TFC......Fuck off then, haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I can't really blame the fact that of league quality or anything. I love TFC regardless. I follow a team (And at one point was paying 5.95USD/month to watch them) when they can't even put 2000 people in a 38,000 stadium.

Regardless of the league/quality/standards, my heart belongs to Dinamo and TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I find it just keeps getting better. The MLS is completely different than it was five years ago and in another five years you won't recognize it. New teams, new stadiums, higher salary cap making for even better players.

The Champions League stuff is also going to be great.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with you. But here is a point to consider.

Watching the Euro 2008 all weekend was a high. Then I turn on the TFC game last night and what do I see?

1) It was a boring dull game with no excitement. No flow to the game. There was moore excitment in watching paint dry.
    2) the pitch looked pathetic with yellow patches
    3) The atmosphere was dead - alot of empty seats
    4) the commenators were putting me to sleep

I switched tv channels several times and ended watching Happy Gilmore.

I spoke to alot of people today at the office and they felt the same way. There was something weird about last nights game.

At first I thought the Euro 2008 would be good for soccer in this part of the world. I mean the month of June will be full of soccer on tv, in the media etc between the Euro's and tFc matches. You would think that all this exposure to soccer is good for the sport. Is it possible that it make work i the opposite for TFC (i.e really highlight the lack of skill in this league ). I'm just throwing this out there for discussion.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post

sorry, me here, trying not to take it personal...how have we fucked it up exactly? is it the most improved team that you dislike? the attention to conditioning and the well being of our players? is it that you still have, by far, the best value in sports in Toronto and something that thousands of others covet?

You are I guess ..
    Prices were raised after year one ..Will be again (for sure)
    shitty friendlies this year..
    you should make beer more too .. I still had a toonie left over last game
    your field sucks
    um don't take it personal its just truth.. all my points that is..
    MLSE will ruin the experience just give you a bit more time..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post

Aww MLSE's brave soul...raping those hard working for years. Here's how you fucked it up..you worked out a contract...where you couldn't implement the one thing you needed...grass! You created a 62 million dollar stadium...with a capacity of 20k..when really and trully looking at the demographics it should have been already documented that the most multicultural city in the world...as crazy as it is on international days..would have generated more than 20k.

To top it off...you have a national team that refuses to play in the National Soccer Stadium...a real senior team that plays their ass off in front of their fans..then goes on away games and looks like 16 year old high school girls.

Best sports value in Toronto? Yea well when your competing with the Raptors, Rock and Blue Jays...that's not much. I wont mention the Laffs because they generate 1.4 million a game in revenue...and that won't change anytime soon because it's the one thing where MLSE hits it on the nail. A 1.4 Billion dollar company making millions off subpar hockey.

Where there is demand...someone will supply. But don't tell that to TFC fans...generating 20k a game is astonishing and rewarding...but the 80k average watching per game...the Dog Shows and Poker Shows generate more than that.

Allow the same atmosphere you allow at TFC games for all the other sports...prices included...and my oh my we have one amazing sports town.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are I guess ..
    Prices were raised after year one ..Will be again (for sure)
    shitty friendlies this year..
    you should make beer more too .. I still had a toonie left over last game
    your field sucks
    um don't take it personal its just truth.. all my points that is..
    MLSE will ruin the experience just give you a bit more time..

BINGO

They harp on the fact of the experience...which is pure class and grade A I must add....but try swearing, chanting, bringing in banners etc. at other Toronto sporting events and see what happens.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww MLSE's brave soul...raping those hard working for years. Here's how you fucked it up..you worked out a contract...where you couldn't implement the one thing you needed...grass! You created a 62 million dollar stadium...with a capacity of 20k..when really and trully looking at the demographics it should have been already documented that the most multicultural city in the world...as crazy as it is on international days..would have generated more than 20k.

To top it off...you have a national team that refuses to play in the National Soccer Stadium...a real senior team that plays their ass off in front of their fans..then goes on away games and looks like 16 year old high school girls.

Best sports value in Toronto? Yea well when your competing with the Raptors, Rock and Blue Jays...that's not much. I wont mention the Laffs because they generate 1.4 million a game in revenue...and that won't change anytime soon because it's the one thing where MLSE hits it on the nail. A 1.4 Billion dollar company making millions off subpar hockey.

Where there is demand...someone will supply. But don't tell that to TFC fans...generating 20k a game is astonishing and rewarding...but the 80k average watching per game...the Dog Shows and Poker Shows generate more than that.

Allow the same atmosphere you allow at TFC games for all the other sports...prices included...and my oh my we have one amazing sports town.
    hahahhaah
    anything else to Say MLSintoronto..
    "my players are treated well"
    who cares