Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Onward! - Memories of Marco

In which Nick Garcia shows Marco Velez how to REALLY wreck a game!

http://onwardsoccer.com/?p=1630

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having had about 83 opportunities to have a three-game winning streak in its history, TFC have actually had exactly one three-game winning streak in their history.

Now, we are playing non-elite teams down the stretch, so that does improve the odds. But let's not kid ourselves.

Probably the only way we realistically get in is by winning two, and getting lots of help. Which is not a likely scenario either, but is likelier than three-in-a-row.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, to win the MLS Cup you need to win three in a row, right? That's the great thing about playoffs, I think, the best teams head-to-head.

So, if TFC can't win three games in a row against non-elite teams they have no business being in the playoffs.

And if they do wi the last three games, the momentum will be great...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe in 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's so simplistic and sensational to blame Garcia so much for that game.

The reason TFC couldn't pull it off is the same reason every time they shit the bed.

They play that same old bullshit long ball garbage and are content with their opponents having the ball in the last half hour of the game.

And then we blame Garcia like it was all his fault?

DeRo scored...but played like shit otherwise. Nobody mentions that though.

Wynne is a train wreck too.

Garcia was bad....but so was the rest of the team.

Nice to see you buying into the herd mentality around here too, Ben.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually thought that was one of the best games I've seen from TFC all season. There seemed to be some real passion and drive for most of the game. If we hadn't given up so many points earlier in the season, then a draw against Chicago away would have seemed like a great result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    I actually thought that was one of the best games I've seen from TFC all season. There seemed to be some real passion and drive for most of the game. If we hadn't given up so many points earlier in the season, then a draw against Chicago away would have seemed like a great result.
    It was about the best 60 minutes, yes.

And then, as always, the opposition makes some adjustments - as if they're actually trying to win the game - and we hand it to them.

Of course, this team is going to win the next two game because from the very start we knew it would come down to the last game of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    DeRo scored...but played like shit otherwise. Nobody mentions that though.
    DeRo is such an enigma for me. He has scored so many great goals (AWESOME!) so he gets so much credit from me for that. But at the same time, he makes so many mistakes out there: 1) he hogs the ball when a quick pass could make a massive difference, 2) he shoots in almost every situation whether that situation is good or bad, and most of the time he shoots it miles over the net, 3) he goes offside so much that I think he's #1 or #2 in the league at going offside, 4) he loves to go to the sideline and then has problems keeping the ball from going over the sideline.

Now, again, he does so much so well... but I'm not looking through rose-coloured glasses at DeRo.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it is the "TFC Curse... The curse of the number 4 jersey"!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if wynne's position was better, that cross would have never came off and mcbride wouldnt score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne was fucking terrible on Saturday. He was giving their LW 20 yards of space with or without the ball... disgusting. He might as well stayed on the bench if he's not going to mark anyone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm telling you #4 will become that neighborhood restaurant that closes down every month!

We'll sign a new defender then go, "Oh no! #4!! Doesn't he know that the last guy to wear that number was only here for half a season!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Maybe it is the "TFC Curse... The curse of the number 4 jersey"!!
    Honestly, it's true. I can’t remember where, but there was this article (or excerpt from a text/book) that claimed the #4 shirt in football was cursed. So far, Marco Reda, Marco Velez and Nick Garcia have worn it, have all made many catastrophic mistakes.

In all seriousness though, TFC has been much easier on the eye in the two games JDG has played in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post

In all seriousness though, TFC has been much easier on the eye in the two games JDG has played in.
    too true... i finally see the midfield playing a stronger roll in the movement of the ball. I was alittle bit doubtful about jdg being that go to guy but he has balls, tenacity, and a will to try different things .. hes got great movement and one hell of a hard player to take the ball away.. Jdg is a great addition to this club and i can only hope that the striker on the recieving end can do just as good.. For the off season i would like to say to gerba to lay off the deep fried chicken..
    He seems to sweat more then ricketts and barrett combined... No matter what i think OBW will be the hitman for the reds in the new year...