Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    ^Your an idiot. Jimmy's time is coming but you obviously know nothing about this team or football.

I may not know as much as you.

BUT.

I do know that JIM BRENNAN DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE CAPTAIN OF THIS TEAM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Just 2 seasons ago he was player of the year....
    LOL...

That was are first year..What an accomplishment Jimmy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
    Just 2 seasons ago he was player of the year....
    And last year Robbo was player of the year and Wynne was off to Europe.

Just goes to show....people talk out of their asses way too much and fall in love with players way too easily.

I respect the work Brennan has done but I don't want to watch him hoof the ball up field when he's not under pressure.

I don't want to watch him run around the ball to put it on his left foot instead of controlling it with his right foot.

Retirement would be fine....as long as coaching is not in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy had major problems making simple passes last night (and in previous games this year).

And his curving crosses into the box are just not getting the job done.

He will be 33 shortly into next season. Not that many players start beyond 33 at all in this league unless they were giants when they were younger.
    One thing I've noticed is players who were working men/journeymen in Europe or elsewhere in the prime of their careers don't last long into their 30s in MLS.. Guys who were awesome studs at age 27 do....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a nice guy yes.

But not a good soccer player.

Good luck Jim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure he knows that he's lost his form. The question is can he get it back and also, does he think he can get it back. If not, then best to get out. He's bound for the bench next year if he stays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope this is true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was asked on the fan this week about when he would consider retiring and he didn't give any indication that it would be anytime soon. He did say he was done with the National Team.

He also said that when he did retire he would like to remain with TFC in some capacity. Maybe even as a coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we could find a good starting LB (Fellinga?) then I'd love to see Jimmy in a backup role in case of injuries. But I think next season we can't have a whole season of him in a starting role unless the other defensive positions are shored up big time. but with Wynne being just average and the CB position in shambles with injuries, Jimmy's play stands out even more.

Really, the only guy who contributes above average play game-in-game-out on defense (and who I feel comfortable and safe with) is Attakora. But the dropoff after him is pretty big.
    Last edited by rocker; 09-27-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only think of 2 or 3 games that he made an impact over the past few years
    thats not saying much..I think ever since he became a dad his play on the field went from 7/10 to 2/10

Still a good guy, but so was Pozniak and Dunivant

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you listened to the FAN590 interview with Jimmy a few days ago, you'd see that Jimmy himself says that he is considering what to do, he says he'll think about it in the off-season. He eventually wants to work for the club in some capacity (makes me think he's leaning towards management).

He himself knows he is no longer the player he once was. That doesn't deny the fact that he once was a very good player playing on a premiership team. Character-wise, he's still a great guy and worthy of respect. He's also the right choice for team captain (which doesn't relate to ability as much as it relates to off-the-pitch stuff). He is no longer as good a player as he was even last season. It happens to every player, they get older. Eventually they realize and retire, or they get shoved out the door.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-27-2009 at 04:49 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its a matter of when and not if at this point. He's done a lot for us, but we have to more forward. I think Robbo and Brennan should retire at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

passionate TFC player but too damn slow........retirement would suit him well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the eyes on TFC.... if Dichio can't hack it any more, there's no way in HELL Brennan should be here next year.

I love the guy but seriously.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    He'd be faster if he didn't hold his hand up to call fouls so much.
    My single biggest criticism of defenders. Put your hands down and play. You're not influencing anyone and simply giving the offensive player and advantage. Play to the whistle dammit!

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No wonder he's selling/sold his condo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really?

There's nothing wrong with Brennan. He plays hard and never takes a play off. (okay, except when he's waving his arms -wacky inflatable arm guy!)

I wish they all had his heart.

The guy plays hurt all of the time - and he's probably carrying assorted knocks now.

Remember this, without all the work Jim did prior to season one, there would be no TFC like it is now. They/we would be supported like the Lynx was/is.

He was player of the year, in year one.

He was held together with duct tape for much of year two, and played extremly well.

He hasn't been captain everything this year, but he surely hasn't been poor.

I wish you guys respected more what he's done for soccer in TO and for TFC, and not be so quick to throw him under the bus.

He's earned an off year (only an off year by his high standards mind you - not by an average MLS player comparison) and he deserves your support and praise.

You could say all these same things for Robbo too.

They've given it all for the club the last three years - sweat, blood, desire - if all our players showed their everyday commitment we'd have qualified for the playoffs a month ago - I'd say they've more than earned your loyalty and appreciation.

If they decide to retire, on their terms, because they're ready, I for one will miss them.

Until then, some of you need to show some respect.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was out of town Saturday and had the game recorded to watch on Sunday. I went to my local sobeys to grab some food before watching the game and who do I run into? Mr. Jimmy B. Forgetting that I had yet to watch the game, I go to say hi and have a quick chat.....He spoiled the score for me lol.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Jimmy's personality and think he's one of the funniest players in the MLS. I love that he fucks with reporters. However, none of that helps our defence, our passing, our scoring or wins us games.

The Chicago game showed exactly how gassed these old battleaxes of ours can be well before the full 90 is up. I understand altitude, or long travel, but this was CHICAGO.

Guys like Garcia (he absolutely HAS TO GO at the end of the season or we're fucked next year as well), Jimmy, Robbo and even Serioux should be retired and replaced. This league runs a LOT, which Felinga pointed out when he arrived in Toronto. If you can't run or are too old for it, then go the fuck away.

This is the league of Gomez, Sanyang and especially Attakora. "Skill and experience" which guys like Garcia and Jimmy supposedly bring matter very little when you're having a heart attack from running around too much in the 65th minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    My single biggest criticism of defenders. Put your hands down and play. You're not influencing anyone and simply giving the offensive player and advantage. Play to the whistle dammit!
    Agreed. One of my biggest peeves, the play is on play until the whistle is blown. I have seen so many goal scored particullarly on offsides plays, were the defender(s) stops to look at the linesman to ask for an offsides, while the attacker keeps on running to get a free shot on net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by felipe View Post
    really?

There's nothing wrong with Brennan. He plays hard and never takes a play off. (okay, except when he's waving his arms -wacky inflatable arm guy!)

I wish they all had his heart.

The guy plays hurt all of the time - and he's probably carrying assorted knocks now.

Remember this, without all the work Jim did prior to season one, there would be no TFC like it is now. They/we would be supported like the Lynx was/is.

He was player of the year, in year one.

He was held together with duct tape for much of year two, and played extremly well.

He hasn't been captain everything this year, but he surely hasn't been poor.

I wish you guys respected more what he's done for soccer in TO and for TFC, and not be so quick to throw him under the bus.

He's earned an off year (only an off year by his high standards mind you - not by an average MLS player comparison) and he deserves your support and praise.

You could say all these same things for Robbo too.

They've given it all for the club the last three years - sweat, blood, desire - if all our players showed their everyday commitment we'd have qualified for the playoffs a month ago - I'd say they've more than earned your loyalty and appreciation.

If they decide to retire, on their terms, because they're ready, I for one will miss them.

Until then, some of you need to show some respect.
    I understand your side of things but while you're busy respecting him he (and Robbo) are busy bringing the skill level of this team down and, in turn, ruining our chances of making the playoffs or getting better for that matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    Thread title modified...as this was speculation during the broadcast...
    Its come out so i can talk on it a bit now lol

If you look at a few of my recent previous posts i have been saying 2-3 well known TFC players will not be here next year and for 2 if not all 3 its by thier choice.

Not really speculation to be honest its more going to happen than not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    Its come out so i can talk on it a bit now lol

If you look at a few of my recent previous posts i have been saying 2-3 well known TFC players will not be here next year and for 2 if not all 3 its by thier choice.

Not really speculation to be honest its more going to happen than not.

That was pre-Dichio retirement right?

Dichio
    Brennan
    Robbo

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post

BUT.

I assumed DD retired when he did so Jimmy could at a different time as early as end of season.

We've been talking about the captaincy passing hands all summer. It's hardly the biggest problem for the team.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    That was pre-Dichio retirement right?

Dichio
    Brennan
    Robbo

Dichio and Brennan did their coaching badges in Florida last off season
    Robbo will be doing his in the UK this off season.

I think it's safe to say they all plan to retire (dichio's being fast forwarded) with Dichio and Brennan coaching here in Canada and Robbo coaching back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much how I saw it as well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post

BUT.

He also does not deserve to be disrespected in the manner which you proposed.