Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC will not win the next three games so there is no need to figure out what will happen if. What we need to worry about is the fact that Mo looks for certain to be getting a contract extension and we need to figure out what will happen to this team in the next few years with Mo at the helm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I don't think Garcia's playing because the coach has any say in it. He's not a complete idiot; it reeks of Mo's ego, because Garcia is his boy from KC.

Tactically, he had to brign in OBW, but yeah, it shouldn't have been from Barrett.

Other than that, it was a tactically smart setup and for good chunks of the game it was working.

Then we went into the "last 20 minutes" defensive shell, where we play too deep, and that's always suicide.

I don't say Cummins isn't at all responsible, I just put a lot of this particular loss on the players and on us not having a proper leading centre half.
    But you don't know that at all. Carver never once complained about interference and niether has Cummins. If you really want to be anti-Mo then the attitude is that he tells the coach nothing about who to play so he can blame him for everything that goes wrong. But that's just speculation, too, because I can't smell them from where I am .

What really struck me this game was how much in common TFC has with Chicago - injuries, (Chicago probably affected even more) players playing out of their natural positions, rookies or young guys and older players - McBride is 37 - almost every complaint I read on here about TFC was mentioned by the Chicago annuncers about the Fire tonight.

Except the Chicago coach has been in some coaching capacity with the team for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring back the old number 4! Please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you man, the big problem was Garcia. An own goal, not closing off mcBride on his goal and the whole game playing 3 to 5 yards of the rest of the back line because of a lack of pace and/or fitness. I was pretty happy with the rest of the team. But fitness at the end of the game, as always with us, was a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    honestly i thought it was one of our better performances this year, if not one of the best.
    if garcia and gerba (not nearly as bad though) were working just as hard and not screwing up, we would have come away with a win there.
    why did they sub barrett off?!? man that was one of this best games he's had with us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else think the Robinson sub was a dumb-ass move? The guy was barely f'ing jogging when JDG wanted to charge. Has Robbo even completed a pass this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Hey Fushida! That`s my website to quote!
    haha, I think I got it from you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    I do agree that chasing the ball or al least not having possession can tire you out but I still see something about the player`s fitness I don`t like.
    i'm with you, i mean our players run out of gas in games where we have had the majority of the possesion, i mean fuck, it's like we play a fast paced game running in with speed on the flanks.
    winsper has to go.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we should blame the guy who maintains the kits. Seriously, the only reason we're not in the playoffs right now is because Ali Gerba's shorts smell funny. The team avoids Ali Gerba because when the send the ball in for an assist, the smell is overwhelming and the crosser's aim is fogged.

I think that the reason we're not in a playoff berth this second is because the guy who keeps the kit's clean hasn't done his job. If he could only get Ali Gerba's shorts to smell like Tide again, then he's done his job. BUT, this guy has single handedly ruined this season.

/Sarcasm.

Really people? We're blaming Winsper? This team CANNOT PLAY SOCCER. The passes are shit, the crosses are shit, the goals are shit. I've never seen a team where Nick Garcia passes to Nana Attokora...and Attakora passes to Nick Garcia, and, get this...Nick Garcia passes to...NANA ATTAKORA! :O BRILLIANT RIGHT? This team doesn't understand how to play this game. We keep changing the squad, putting blame on people, getting rid of them, and that's why we have shit chemistry.

So, I propose we do the rational thing here. Let's actually build a squad where at least 11 players will be a part of the next season. (Take a look right now...how many players were here from last season), we gain chemistry, learn how to play the fucking sport, and, if all else fails...

Fire the Kit Cleaner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    Fire Chris Cummins and cut Nick Garcia.

That's all that needs to be said.

And as a result of Cummins leaving, Mo should too.
    This game should be the final straw as far as whether to get rid of Cummins and Garcia.

Like I said - my opinion on Mo's future depends on what he does with our defense in the off-season, and what coach he brings in. If it looks like another turd sandwich on the opening stages of next season, then I support firing him.

If he brings in another unimpressive coach in the off-season, then I support firing him. If he keeps Cummins as coach, I support firing him. If he does nothing meaningful with our backline, I support firing him.

Mo, Cummins et al. are on almost nonexistently thin ice.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does it make any difference that RSL lost and KC only got one point?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

season's done... hold on to Garcia till the expansion draft, and hope Philly takes him

if they don't then we ship him out

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't play all the young guys now and let JDG be the boss then I'm actually leaving at half time next game......btw Guevara wants to leave, thats the way I see his effort...to LA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winsper is an overhyped gym teacher..I never thought much of the hype...if he was that good, he would be in England...send him back and get a nameless, faceless guy who is focused on his job. With all that being said, the lack of fitness, as someone said, is because they didnt control the ball possession....

I thought Gerba, Dero, Barrett and Wynne to a lesser extent played well. Frei and Garcia both had horrific games and JDG looked like an MLS player today. Guevara as usual was no where...is there a Honduras game coming up ? He must be coasting for that. Cronan did not have a good game.

I think this game is on CC personally. Why was Garcia starting ??? Just flick the ball in his direction and he will get beat in the air...GARCIAMOTHERFINGTEED

I hope JDG gets a full off season and preseason to readjust.
    Last edited by wzhxvy; 09-26-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    This game should be the final straw as far as whether to get rid of Cummins and Garcia.

Like I said - my opinion on Mo's future depends on what he does with our defense in the off-season, and what coach he brings in. If it looks like another turd sandwich on the opening stages of next season, then I support firing him.

If he brings in another unimpressive coach in the off-season, then I support firing him. If he keeps Cummins as coach, I support firing him. If he does nothing meaningful with our backline, I support firing him.

- Scott
    I would hope that negotiations with a proper coach are already going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we can still make it I imagine if we win the next three, but I don't want us to. I want Cummins fucking gone. There is no arguing the absolute fact that he is a joke of a tactician.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I swear it's like watching a house league play. If players can't last 90mins by this part of the season they shouldn't be playing pro footy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I don't think Garcia's playing because the coach has any say in it. He's not a complete idiot; it reeks of Mo's ego, because Garcia is his boy from KC.
    If you have evidence to this effect, then fine. But I really suspect it has more to do with Cummins wanting an "experienced, veteran presence" in the backline, and with an injured Serioux, Garcia is all that's left.

Garcia also hasn't started every game he's been available for.

Mo signed all of these players, so if it's about ego, it would make sense that he would want whoever will create the best results. I DO think his knowing Garcia probably had something to do with him coming to our team in the first place, though. And Mo deserves a lot of stick for that horrible signing.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Scott
    Cummins ... yes. With all the talk of contract extensions and what not (based on his financial performance obviously), I don't see Mo being fired. Maybe some other figure head will be brought in (Head of Player Personnel or whatever) to take the heat of Mo next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have evidence to this effect, then fine. But I really suspect it has more to do with Cummins wanting an "experienced, veteran presence" in the backline, and with an injured Serioux, Garcia is all that's left.

Garcia also hasn't started every game he's been available for.

Mo signed all of these players, so if it's about ego, it would make sense that he would want whoever will create the best results. I DO think his knowing Garcia probably had something to do with him coming to our team in the first place, though. And Mo deserves a lot of stick for that horrible signing.

- Scott
    I hate Garcia as much - if not more - than the next guy, but I don't think Mo deserves nearly as much blame as jloome is hurling. His scenario is... possible, but no one knows for sure. And at the time of the signing, we pretty much got him for a pick right? So... it was a logical signing considering who we got in the back at the time. Its Cummins' fault that he's playing... hands down. That's our biggest problem right now. I'd have no problem with giving CC his papers tomorrow and letting ANYONE else take over the squad... Daso, Danny, Winsper??! ANYONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This management is making me hate England.

The first two years it was blindly pick players who used to play in Europe and assume it would work. Now it's year 3 and it's sign whomever the fuck we want and have it fail.

Mo has been in the system (MLS) forever so he should fucking know the rules and what he can do. I'm done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-If Winsper is the fitness guru he is purported to be, why did Newcastle have the busiest treatment table every season?
    -bringing Gerba off and keeping Dero as lone striker allowed CHI to push more forward and we all know what happens when we try and defend a 1 goal lead on the road.
    -Robbo patently not fit and in diabolical form pre injury
    -garcia- the worst defenderd I have seen at this club since the infamous Reda/ Braz combo
    -frei made a huge error on the 2nd goal but where the fuck were the CBs?

One positive tonight- step forward Chad Barrett. I give him shit week in week out for his finishing but what a work rate....so why the fuck bring him off, Cummins you muppet?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo doesn't deserve the blame on Garcia entirely. He used to be my favorite player before TFC even existed (in this league though, not the world obv.)

But, he's definitely not the same defender I used to watch. He's old and slow now.

Garcia 3 years ago would have been cool. Not now though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCtoMUFC View Post
    Keep:

Frei
    Attakora
    Gomez
    Cronin
    DeRo
    JDG
    Sanyang
    OBW
    Gerba
    Fellinga

do whatever with the rest of them.
    This is 100% bang on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gomez is a much better option than garcia. In fact,anyone who stands on the south stand is a better option...even after a few bevvies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    This is 100% bang on.
    Fellinga? Really? Based on what?

Otherwise, yeah, that's a solid MLS line-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who Here Actually Feels Bad For Garcia Cuz Hes So Shit And Hes Just Embarresing Himself!!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garcia ended our season.

Fuck him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I'll pay his cab fare to Pearson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was hoping garcia would pick up a yellow tonight to rule him out next match....too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we Call Canada Customs and get Garcia on a terrorist watch list?

Maybe call in an anonymous tip to C.I.S.
    That would be awesome...