Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fushida View Post
    I'm sure he cares a lot, but his demeanor doesn't give us back those 2 points that we lost. But you're absolutely right in stating that the coach is at fault. I don't know what dumbass Cummins sees in him, but if he starts AGAIN next game while Gomez stays on the bench...
    The only thing i will say here is that Garcia is the only "organizer" we have for the backline on this team.

I agree that Gomez is the better defender, but when we played without him (Garcia) back there everybody gets out of sorts. Now maybe in time Attakora, Gomez, etc.. can pull it together, but for now they are guys who are individually talented but need a leader back there with them to keep them in line. I'd also say that Gomez is still working though some very rookie like brain cramps out there. I'd say playing him in moderation is the best call. Let him develop without giving him too much rope to hang himself with.

I think the bottom line is you take two defensively challenged full-backs, one aging slow CB, and one very good young player: the end result is the CB's have to cover for the fullbacks inabilities often, leaving them exposed.

So 3/4 new players on the backline are probably needed, but in the short run, tell Brennan / Wynn to keep it in check or they'll be riding the bench. We need defensive resposibility way more than extra attacking muscle right now.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-27-2009 at 10:07 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

520,000 then.

that's....a lot for a defender. Nevermind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about Steven Vitória?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As has been mentioned, I can't for the life of me understand why Cummins didn't utilize the bench last night...it's as if we beat ourselves even though it was a draw. What a shame...now we're living on a hope and a prayer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and yes, Gomez should've definitely started in place of Garcia...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesnt matter who starts in the place of Garcia, it could be freakin Steven Hawking and he'd play better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The only thing i will say here is that Garcia is the only "organizer" we have for the backline on this team.

I agree that Gomez is the better defender, but when we played without him (Garcia) back there everybody gets out of sorts. Now maybe in time Attakora, Gomez, etc.. can pull it together, but for now they are guys who are individually talented but need a leader back there with them to keep them in line. I'd also say that Gomez is still working though some very rookie like brain cramps out there. I'd say playing him in moderation is the best call. Let him develop without giving him too much rope to hang himself with.

I think the bottom line is you take two defensively challenged full-backs, one aging slow CB, and one very good young player: the end result is the CB's have to cover for the fullbacks inabilities often, leaving them exposed.

So 3/4 new players on the backline are probably needed, but in the short run, tell Brennan / Wynn to keep it in check or they'll be riding the bench. We need defensive resposibility way more than extra attacking muscle right now.
    Add to that, when Wynne decides to forget what position he plays DeGuzman ends up covering back and sometimes Cronin as well. I'd rather have Cronin and DeGuz on the attack and Marvell back so he needs to play his GD POSITION!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    10 k a week x 35 weeks.

350,000 a year. Which is around what Vitti makes. We could offer him 400,000 for the year under the new cap. He wouldn't need DP after that right?

Unless I'm doing the math wrong here.
    No I think Edgar is making around a million US a year. It is times 52 weeks actually and 10 000 pounds. So that is around 1 million USD

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think there is much to say about last nights match except that Cummins has to go to the bench. (well I could go on about Garcia but whatever he is what he is) I know its easy to put blame on Cummins but I've never seen a manager misuse his bench or not use his bench the way Cummins has.

I hope Mo already has someone in mind when the season is done. We need to go into next year with a smart, confident manager. Paul Mariner is an obvious choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know who would've looked great instead of Garcia last night? Tyrone Marshall. Strike 3 or more like 1 billion against Mo.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a million bux a year

Oh boy.

Maybe we get another DP spot? Is that possible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team needs a Good experienced CB and a Good experienced Forward and a Good experienced Manager.........Simple really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team has some very serious issues.
    1.Coaching/tactics....movement with and without the ball is below some high school teams i watch.

2. To many pylons that are used in practice have made into into the starting line up..
    Brennan
    Robinson
    Gracia
    Barrett
    feel free to add to the list.

3. Fitness...now not that its is a problem but i think it has to do with the way the team plays....teams find it easy to defend against Toronto with little or no running involved, thus conserving energy and looking more lively near the end of matches. What i'm trying to say is that Toronto has no idea how to get open and pass the ball to the open man...no holding the ball, no passing it around, no patience what so ever....why do all those keep away drills...if they even do them? That's how you discourage other teams and they tend to sit back instead of chasing quality passing....my niece's team can defend against TFC, all you have to do is pressure the ball carrier and TFC excellent ball hoofing skills are shown.

HORRIBLE SOCCER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Colorado three weeks ago wasn't the death knell for this season... and LA last week wasn't the death knell of this season, then last night certainly was.

It is monumentally frustrating to see this team revert to the same antics that punish them - and us - time and again.

Have a lead? start hoofing the ball away in the 65th minute. Nevermind that you'll be chasing it for the last 30 and concede due to unnecessary fatigue.

Subbing off your lone striker? Bring on a defensive mid. 1+1=17.3, apparently.

Have you been playing well by using a quick short-pass & move game? Sod it, let's go back to route 1 thereby ensuring any build up in play and momentum we might create is instantly wiped out.

Failed to win again? No sweat! Just keep a straight face while you tell the media that a) you are extremely disappointed, b) you still control your own destiny this season and c) the post-season will happen, despite not being able to win a game in a month of Fridays.

I'd be furious this morning if this team wasn't such a farce at times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garcia is useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    If Colorado three weeks ago wasn't the death knell for this season... and LA last week wasn't the death knell of this season, then last night certainly was.

It is monumentally frustrating to see this team revert to the same antics that punish them - and us - time and again.

Have a lead? start hoofing the ball away in the 65th minute. Nevermind that you'll be chasing it for the last 30 and concede due to unnecessary fatigue.

Subbing off your lone striker? Bring on a defensive mid. 1+1=17.3, apparently.

Have you been playing well by using a quick short-pass & move game? Sod it, let's go back to route 1 thereby ensuring any build up in play and momentum we might create is instantly wiped out.

Failed to win again? No sweat! Just keep a straight face while you tell the media that a) you are extremely disappointed, b) you still control your own destiny this season and c) the post-season will happen, despite not being able to win a game in a month of Fridays.

I'd be furious this morning if this team wasn't such a farce at times.
    Wow we were thinking the same thing at the same time.....it is that obvious why were are gassed at chasing bad passes instead of tick tac toe passing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garcia is making Andy Welsh seem like money well spent.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    and Mo Clownston spent 3 years going after Garcia. what a complete joke.
    3 years ago, Garcia was much, much better though. I remember watching him, with KC. Good, solid defender. Someone turned down the knob on this guy though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest mistake that Mo made this year and no one has still not giving me a good explanation on why he did this was when he let Tyrone Marshall go, the only decent center back we had, Tyrone Marshall who I thought was a very capable center back for us, Tyrone Marshall who I can't remember ever having a bad game back there, Mo let him go and never got a true replacement, even letting go Dunivent was a big mistake. He let go two good guys back there expecialy Marshall and never got any good replacements, just look at our goals against and you see why we are in the predicament we are in. Just for this mistake alone is a good reason to let Mo go. This was a major mistake by Mo any organization would fire a general manager for such a mistake. I'm sorry but Mo needs to go just on this one fuck up, never mind the many others he has made!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, this thread has gone 6 pages and no one has yet blamed an MLS Ref for our loss (ie. the intentional hand ball on Dero's breakway) not sure whether that's good or bad, shows the board maturing or not, just interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napoli73 View Post
    Wow we were thinking the same thing at the same time.....it is that obvious why were are gassed at chasing bad passes instead of tick tac toe passing?
    Is anyone humming "always look on the bright side of life" this morning?

RedLion wrote an email this morning suggesting that Garcia could "jump" on the next plane out of town, or perhaps be "run" out of town.

He quickly corrected himself when he realized Garcia performing either action would contradict the laws of physics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerepis View Post
    Wow, this thread has gone 6 pages and no one has yet blamed an MLS Ref for our loss (ie. the intentional hand ball on Dero's breakway) not sure whether that's good or bad, shows the board maturing or not, just interesting.
    I think that piss-poor reffing is something we just know will happen. It's a bit like saying "the sky is blue" and "the grass is green".

And realistically, if we need all decisions to go our way to win a game then that reflects worse on the team than the ref.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    I think that piss-poor reffing is something we just know will happen. It's a bit like saying "the sky is blue" and "the grass is green".

And realistically, if we need all decisions to go our way to win a game then that reflects worse on the team than the ref.
    I think your right, oh and by the way "the grass dye lot #306"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game was a comedy of errors on both sides.

It was a 50/50 game, we could have won or lost. We easily could have lost. We potted the two scoring chances we had.

We needed better.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    The biggest mistake that Mo made this year and no one has still not giving me a good explanation on why he did this was when he let Tyrone Marshall go, the only decent center back we had, Tyrone Marshall who I thought was a very capable center back for us, Tyrone Marshall who I can't remember ever having a bad game back there, Mo let him go and never got a true replacement, even letting go Dunivent was a big mistake. He let go two good guys back there expecialy Marshall and never got any good replacements, just look at our goals against and you see why we are in the predicament we are in. Just for this mistake alone is a good reason to let Mo go. This was a major mistake by Mo any organization would fire a general manager for such a mistake. I'm sorry but Mo needs to go just on this one fuck up, never mind the many others he has made!

Tyrone Marshall isn't the difference between a playoff team and an also ran. He was one of many many mistakes, but not the biggest. The lack of an experienced coach is the biggest.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I just watched the game as i went to watch Russell peters last night!

Heres my take.

garcia is just terrible, he is slow and lacks any ability to defend any movement by the other team.

The Bottom line is that Cummins is not a COACH. He has not clue. Watching this game has made me very very upset.
    We show nothing.

We should have been able to get the 3 points tonight.

How in the hell does Mo allow this to happean. How can he not try and give cummins some advice.

Instead toronto got lucky to get a tie.

AND NOW THE GOOD NEWS!

TORONTOS HAS THE BEST FANS. IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO SEE OUR BOYS IN THE STANDS. KING DAVE WAS SEEN AFEW TIMES.
    I CANT MAKE ALL THE ROAD TRIPS BUT 2 THUMBS UP TO ALL THE ROAD WARRIORS!!

AND THEN THE FLARE!!

HOW F UCKIN SWEET.

And now Columbus is on to again with a double digit point lead on us.

This is terrible.

A team like Chicago has made the playoffs 11 of 12 seasons. Us 0-3.

Just makes me MAD!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    He and Hurtado have combined for the lowest goals against in the league (Keller doesn't hurt on that front, either).

It's a crying shame; he was usually pretty solid for us, and paired with Attakora, had Mo or Cummins recognized his potential at the start of the season......

We'd still have issues, because we have two attacking fullbacks who don't cover their positions solidly on defense. But it wouldn't be as shambolic as with Garcia and, much of the time, Serioux out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Marshall leave because he wanted to play for Sigi Schmid? I believe he forced TFC to trade him to Seattle.

On a side note, kudos to traveling TFC fans for lighting up couple of flares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    wow.... seriously? you're either joking or just an idiot.
    Really?
    Personal attacks?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marco2K View Post

AND NOW THE GOOD NEWS!

TORONTOS HAS THE BEST FANS. IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY TO SEE OUR BOYS IN THE STANDS. KING DAVE WAS SEEN AFEW TIMES.
    I CANT MAKE ALL THE ROAD TRIPS BUT 2 THUMBS UP TO ALL THE ROAD WARRIORS!!

AND THEN THE FLARE!!

HOW F UCKIN SWEET.

Did you see game in 6 minutes?