Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chicago Fire vs. TFC Sept. 26th Post Game Thread

A tie that feels like a loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argue with me if you want but I have no confidence in the Coach or Paul Winsper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Argue with me if you want but I have no confidence in the Coach or Paul Winsper.
    +1

Going defensive on 65th minute for no reason when we were on the front foot? Leaving DeRo on while half injured as he was becoming a liability up front? Subbing off Barrett who was by far one of the most lively and effective players for a fucking pylon in OBW? For playing Garcia in the first place who was single handedly responsible for both their goals?

You mention stupid football, who's fault do you think that is?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no problem with Winsper, but CC's tactical handling of this critical game was less than stellar.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's hard to think of Winsper being responsible...but I will admit this team looked worn out for the last 20 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    It's hard to think of Winsper being responsible...but I will admit this team looked worn out for the last 20 minutes.

But its every single game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no need to argue with you there. I've no faith in the majority of the personnel within the organization ... most notably Mo and the coaching staff that he has hired ... not to mention the majority of the roster as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    i feel u right now man...

well hopefully DC loses tommorow so we have another chance for playoffs
    BUT MUCH RESPECT TO THE TFC FANS MADE ME PROUD OUT THERE LOL!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Garcia's playing because the coach has any say in it. He's not a complete idiot; it reeks of Mo's ego, because Garcia is his boy from KC.

Tactically, he had to brign in OBW, but yeah, it shouldn't have been from Barrett.

Other than that, it was a tactically smart setup and for good chunks of the game it was working.

Then we went into the "last 20 minutes" defensive shell, where we play too deep, and that's always suicide.

I don't say Cummins isn't at all responsible, I just put a lot of this particular loss on the players and on us not having a proper leading centre half.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    It is... the loss of the post-season.

Unless DC loses against San Jose, our post-season is done.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having said that, outside of a few key players, we need a complete shakeup, starting at the front office and heading down from there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They looked tired, like most players do when they have no sustained possession for most of the game.

After Barrett scored, we did nothing but kick the ball out of our half over and over like scared children - giving Chicago all the possession in the world, and ensuring that we would have to chase the ball over, and over, and over again.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whisper,Winsper or whatever this fuck is mame is is paid to keep this guys fit,however, they seem to run out of energy in the last part of every game, who should we blame then Gerry Dobson maybe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cummins and Garcia are the bread in a shit sandwich. Brennen is the filler.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

honestly i thought it was one of our better performances this year, if not one of the best.
    if garcia and gerba (not nearly as bad though) were working just as hard and not screwing up, we would have come away with a win there.
    why did they sub barrett off?!? man that was one of this best games he's had with us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why do we run out of gas when the other team is charging? I think Winsper is tiring our guys out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winsper shouldn't be blamed... these players are playing in a system that demands fitness, but some have it and some don't. We got 3 box to box midfielders employed taking platoons at DM (for some reason), and that takes a lot of running back and forth. Because of deficiencies in the abilities of both Wynne and Brennan in tracking back after they push forward, they also have to cover for them on the back foot. Let's not forget the fact that Mr. Cummins doesn't like to sub off the tiring players.

Why we look so out of shape compared to other teams? The stupid system set up by the stupid ass clown of a coach. I'm sure if we played in a real tactical way, we'd look like just any other team in the MLS in terms of fitness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I sort of agree with the Winsper criticisms. I still don't understand why there was so much Winsper praises as the best fitness coach in the history of the game. People were massively over rating him in the past so its only fair that the other group of people get to question his competency now that his work does not seem to be as impressive as we were initially led to believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC win the next three matches (not saying they will) what would need to happen in order for them to make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they shoulda run out Gomez instead of Garcia. Garcia was making rookie mistakes, so might as well put Gomez in there and let him make the mistakes, and learn in the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree that chasing the ball or al least not having possession can tire you out but I still see something about the player`s fitness I don`t like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/M...TorontoFC.html

98.3% chance of playoffs should we win the next 3. Statistically speaking anyways

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Chris Cummins and cut Nick Garcia.

That's all that needs to be said.

And as a result of Cummins leaving, Mo should too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like to think I have a little knowledge of the game.....but watching these tactics makes me realize I know shit......because like every TO fan, we live with hope......every day......and I am as confused as shit......it seems logic is nonexistant in these games....my bad..........what is in the air here?.......do they take our devotion for granted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Fushida! That`s my website to quote!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a coach with a proven track record and a pair of balls. Cummins has neither.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Having said that, outside of a few key players, we need a complete shakeup, starting at the front office and heading down from there.
    Keep:

Frei
    Attakora
    Gomez
    Cronin
    DeRo
    JDG
    Sanyang
    OBW
    Gerba
    Fellinga

do whatever with the rest of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fushida View Post
    Winsper shouldn't be blamed... these players are playing in a system that demands fitness, but some have it and some don't. We got 3 box to box midfielders employed taking platoons at DM (for some reason), and that takes a lot of running back and forth. Because of deficiencies in the abilities of both Wynne and Brennan in tracking back after they push forward, they also have to cover for them on the back foot. Let's not forget the fact that Mr. Cummins doesn't like to sub off the tiring players.

Why we look so out of shape compared to other teams? The stupid system set up by the stupid ass clown of a coach. I'm sure if we played in a real tactical way, we'd look like just any other team in the MLS in terms of fitness.
    I think this nails it. His program did wonders for us in past, but the on-field program just isn't meshing well with it. In any case it's probably moot because Cummins is likely gone after October and I think likely Winsper too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummmm i didn't see the game but has hell frozen over? people on hear bitching Barrett was subbed off? he was the best player? wow, a sure sign the apocalypse is pending. i can't wait to watch the pvr tonight!

oh and this obviously means the playoffs are pretty much gone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    Fire Chris Cummins and cut Nick Garcia.

That's all that needs to be said.

And as a result of Cummins leaving, Mo should too.
    Yes someone sees the light