View Poll Results: Are you going to Columbus?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am going to Columbus baby! The off-season is long enough!

50 20.00%
  • Boston is where it's at...Columbus can eat a dick.

150 60.00%
  • Neither, I am saving up for NY or Los Angeles!

22 8.80%
  • Who is this TFC you speak of? I don't travel unless there's a beach and girls in bikinis.

28 11.20%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    You're an embarrasment to lager...
    Like you know when you show up to a tailgate
    and everyone is right wasted and you know that the only way to catch up is to SHOTGUN a few beers so you can be right wasted too?

The tri lambs of Ohio are going to get the alfa treatment!!

Out of the way momma I wanna get a piece of that muff!!

Hahaha
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by TFC115 View Post
    http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181565

they got some things to say about us complaining about the FO and the police (be it how stupid they are)
    lol... I was tempted to tell them off, but I'll just express my thoughts here.

As someone in that thread said, you shouldn't piss in someone's pool and then expect an invite back, but in the same way, if you invite someone to come swimming in a pool full of piss, don't expect them back anytime soon. Also, not a good idea to Taser people for no reason. Doesn't leave a great impression.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    Like you know when you show up to a tailgate
    and everyone is right wasted and you know that the only way to catch up is to SHOTGUN a few beers so you can be right wasted too?

The tri lambs of Ohio are going to get the alfa treatment!!

Out of the way momma I wanna get a piece of that muff!!

Hahaha

"We got dates!"
    - Not just dates, pie's
    "what does pie stand for?"
    -- Hair pie
    "what is that?"
    --(whispers in ear)
    "ohh....I drink to that".

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if people just didn't damage property in other stadiums then we would have one less thing to argue about

impact fo gave us proper security, they gave us extra porta potty as well and i still saw several broken seats at saputo stadium

i also saw people posting up the pictures of the broken seats from saputo stadium and bringing them back to Toronto as well

why must these animals break stuff in other peoples buildings?
    06-18-09 i was there

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokedPanda View Post
    if people just didn't damage property in other stadiums then we would have one less thing to argue about

impact fo gave us proper security, they gave us extra porta potty as well and i still saw several broken seats at saputo stadium

i also saw people posting up the pictures of the broken seats from saputo stadium and bringing them back to Toronto as well

why must these animals break stuff in other peoples buildings?
    You obviously weren't in MTL last year....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AL-MO i was in mtl in 2008 and for 2009, did they not do a better job this year? they gave us more security, they kept us inside the stadium until all the home supporters left, they gave us porta pottys right under our supporters section, they had police patrolling the path from the stadium to the metro...... impact fo did everything Columbus fo should have done this year to make up for their own mistakes of mishandling the crowd control

however that does not explain why certain tfc supporters still have the need to break off chairs from other stadiums or jump on guard rails to break them
    06-18-09 i was there

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AL-MO i was in mtl in 2008 and for 2009, did they not do a better job this year? they gave us more security, they kept us inside the stadium until all the home supporters left, they gave us porta pottys right under our supporters section, they had police patrolling the path from the stadium to the metro...... impact fo did everything Columbus fo should have done this year to make up for their own mistakes of mishandling the crowd control

however that does not explain why certain tfc supporters still have the need to break off chairs from other stadiums or jump on guard rails to break them
    I agree breaking shit in other stadiums is a dogshittery act, but when there is a large number of people together in one place like we had in Columbus and this year in Montreal you will have a few dumbasses that think it will be soooo cool break a seat or a gaurdrail. Not much you can do about those guys because even if we are treated like kings get our asses wiped for us or get treated like we did in Columbus these few people will perform these dogshit acts of breaking shit.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    You obviously weren't in MTL last year....
    Yeah, but the thing is, Montreal screwed up once. They learned from their mistake and our trip this year was pretty sweet.

I don't really see Columbus doing the same.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

i'm easy to find, i'll be at the bottom having fun!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=SmokedPanda;734055]AL-MO i was in mtl in 2008 and for 2009, did they not do a better job this year? they gave us more security, they kept us inside the stadium until all the home supporters left, they gave us porta pottys right under our supporters section, they had police patrolling the path from the stadium to the metro...... impact fo did everything Columbus fo should have done this year to make up for their own mistakes of mishandling the crowd control

Yeah, and the home supporters couldnt fuck off fast enough this year LOL

Im going to Clownbus next year but will somewhat respect the supporters boycott and leave all RPB gear at home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this year they didn't try to keep us in we just stayed and celebrated as long as we could! Didn't look like anyone wanted to leave anyways. The trophy presentation and them coming over to us lasted about 45 mins anyways. Then there was the partying under the bleachers for about 25 mins until we all marched out.

Money permitting I would be up for Boston for sure. Fuck Clownbus! This years trip was great don't get me wrong but they don't fucking deserve a fucking cent of money from us in ticket sales, beer sales, ect....

We have shown the other supporters groups that we are capable of bring 1000-2500 strong for a match. Time to move on to bigger and better fish. Imagine 1500 in Philly or NY.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M&M_TFC View Post
    Previous Day Next Day
    Departing Flight
    Toronto (YTZ) to Boston (BOS)
    Friday, Apr 02, 2010

Flight# Depart Arrive Firm Flexible Freedom
    939 09:00 10:35 - $119 $529
    941 14:30 16:05 - $119 $529

Previous Day Next Day
    Return Flight
    Boston (BOS) to Toronto (YTZ)
    Sunday, Apr 04, 2010

Flight# Depart Arrive Firm Flexible Freedom
    940 10:15 12:00 - $119 $529
    942 15:00 16:45 - $119 $529

so $240 each person (roundtrip)and the flight is from Toronto to Boston

-others will drive down or take a bus. Very affordable for the distance your travelling
    and I'm sure through expedia and other sites like that you will find cheaper flights.

This should be a great trip.
    that's a waste...

Fly out of Buffalo on US Airways, and book off Expedia... that's what I did for this year, and with the hotel for 2 nights it was $460

Thing with flying to Boston, you need to rent a car too, which can get quite expensive, as the stadium has non-existant transit to it
    Last edited by egoodwin; 09-26-2009 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

columbus a third time or go see a different stadium, in a beautiful city, not to mention not having see columbus play again. see you in Boston. (plus the three others that do the opener road trip with me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    yes, but we know those people are bonkers (hi king dave)

HA...KC drive is simple if you have 4 people that each drive 4 hours at a time. We had one slacker .hummmmm...DJ Yohan...who doesn't drive so he screwed up that rhythem. Just kidding. Its still doable if you have some good company.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razcle View Post
    HA...KC drive is simple if you have 4 people that each drive 4 hours at a time. We had one slacker .hummmmm...DJ Yohan...who doesn't drive so he screwed up that rhythem. Just kidding. Its still doable if you have some good company.
    The one thing I did notice with the KC drive is that you could clearly tell who drove and who didn't... I picked out everyone that drove to KC because they looked exhausted as fck! and after the match it got even worse for them... I felt sorry for some of these guys...

Trust me.. yeah it's more loot but well worth it to Fly...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd drive again if it was a BIG game, or the opener. If its the middle of the season, I'd probably fly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chose the bikini and beaches option only because I have been on enough road tripd to know that TFC on the road does not deserve my hard earned money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked the last one because I will probably not make it to either one.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had excellent Mexican food in Columbus!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    The one thing I did notice with the KC drive is that you could clearly tell who drove and who didn't... I picked out everyone that drove to KC because they looked exhausted as fck! and after the match it got even worse for them... I felt sorry for some of these guys...

Trust me.. yeah it's more loot but well worth it to Fly...
    We had the same person (Drummer Boy) drive us all the way there and back for the KC trip. We did take things nice and easy though. Stopped off to eat and sleep in De Moines on the way down and someplace in the middle of Michigan on the return trip. To be honest, that's the best way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    I had excellent Mexican food in Columbus!

I remember La Hacienda.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like most people: I'm done with Clownbus.

However, I refuse to spend money in a town that doesn't have a SSS. I know no one else shares this philosophy, but it is a point of principle to me. If you buy a ticket in a stadium with gridiron lines you are saying you don't mind seeing them.

I won't go to Boston until they pony up and build a proper stadium. If NY gets their stadium ready for next year I will definitely go there. After watching this league for 3 years I have come to only one conclusion - money talks. They are not about beautiful football or respect for the game. They are about money - first, last and always.

Therefore, to get my money they must meet my demand of building a proper stadium for me to watch the game. I am willing to miss out on the short-term fun of going to Boston now in the hope that sometime in the future my financial incentive will help convince some politician that building a stadium is worthwhile.

I imagine a day when a Revolution FO lobbyist is making a presentation to the Boston City Council where he or she says "If you build this new stadium more visiting fans will come to the city and spend ridiculous amounts of money." I'm willing to do my little part in making that a true statement. Maybe it never make a difference, but strong principles and lost causes have always appealed to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Blue View Post
    I chose the bikini and beaches option only because I have been on enough road tripd to know that TFC on the road does not deserve my hard earned money
    Blue check your PM's!!!!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be going to CBus because I support TFC no matter what city they play in plus I'm so close I cannot not go, BUT I intend to make the trip to Boston for a proper opening bash.

MUFC_Niagara

I'll likely do Columbus. I personally had no problems and tbh the trouble I witnessed was started by people in the TFC group. I might do Boston instead though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people make columbus out to be alot worse then it really was. It was just a few guys fighting, nothin big. Ive exsperinced fights at BMO field against are own fans and in Montreal that were just the same.

Ive had fun in Columbus, just might save my money to go somewhere different next year, tho id never go to New England as long as they play at that crappy NFL stadium, it looks brutal for Soccer. I think Chicago or New York will be awsome games to go to next year and New Yorks new stadium looks sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    Like most people: I'm done with Clownbus.

However, I refuse to spend money in a town that doesn't have a SSS. I know no one else shares this philosophy, but it is a point of principle to me. If you buy a ticket in a stadium with gridiron lines you are saying you don't mind seeing them.

I won't go to Boston until they pony up and build a proper stadium. If NY gets their stadium ready for next year I will definitely go there. After watching this league for 3 years I have come to only one conclusion - money talks. They are not about beautiful football or respect for the game. They are about money - first, last and always.

Therefore, to get my money they must meet my demand of building a proper stadium for me to watch the game. I am willing to miss out on the short-term fun of going to Boston now in the hope that sometime in the future my financial incentive will help convince some politician that building a stadium is worthwhile.

I imagine a day when a Revolution FO lobbyist is making a presentation to the Boston City Council where he or she says "If you build this new stadium more visiting fans will come to the city and spend ridiculous amounts of money." I'm willing to do my little part in making that a true statement. Maybe it never make a difference, but strong principles and lost causes have always appealed to me.
    im the same, if people stop going to watch games at the NFL stadiums then the team will be forced to build a new stadium or move to another city. I cant watch soccer games being played on gridline fields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boston for sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bull Arena !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    people make columbus out to be alot worse then it really was. It was just a few guys fighting, nothin big. Ive exsperinced fights at BMO field against are own fans and in Montreal that were just the same.
    Exactly. Except at BMO, the police and security knew enough to calm things down, not bring in helicopters and start tazing people.

And at BMO and Saputo, security has been willing to listen and talk. Columbus Crew FO basically gave us the big .

Things weren't so bad in Columbus that any of this should be an issue. But people decided to escalate what wa a manageable situation to one where TFC fans can't bring banners, flags or drums to that game and will likely be subject to overly enthusiastic security and police again. No thanks. I will visit a nicer city with nicer people to spend my hard-earned dollars.