View Poll Results: Are you going to Columbus?

Voters
250. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am going to Columbus baby! The off-season is long enough!

50 20.00%
  • Boston is where it's at...Columbus can eat a dick.

150 60.00%
  • Neither, I am saving up for NY or Los Angeles!

22 8.80%
  • Who is this TFC you speak of? I don't travel unless there's a beach and girls in bikinis.

28 11.20%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I_AM_CANADIAN

I, personally, am shipping up to Boston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been to away matches in Boston and Columbus. I'm holding out for NYC and Philly next year.

And if I have lots of money, guess what.... I'm going to Columbus and Boston as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to go to Columbus, because next year I will finally be able to afford to take a trip like that. I know Boston is a great city, but I want to go to support the team despite the lack of hospitality. Start the season off right.

Have they 'won' by chasing us away? That worries me. I say stand up and flood Columbus again. Where they go, I follow. When I can afford to.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    hmm.. how do i work out the logistics...

go to philly to watch Sons of Ben vs Barra Brava, kick off at 3pm, stay 1st half...

somehow get to Boston/Foxborough for TFC kick off at 7pm...

fly/train/space and time shift?

hmmm

edit: back on topic, out of all the MLS FOs out there, columbus's one is the least competent of them all... that plus the population there... sigh...they make the rest of USA look smart
    No offense Kev, but how is this even a consideration? (I hope you were joking)

We'll go to Philly when TFC plays them IN Philly.

I don't understand why you'd skip out on TFC/NE for a game between to other teams....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I want to go to Columbus, because next year I will finally be able to afford to take a trip like that. I know Boston is a great city, but I want to go to support the team despite the lack of hospitality. Start the season off right.

Have they 'won' by chasing us away? That worries me. .
    Me too, granted im not part of a supporters group but if anything the lack of hospitality would make me want to go back and show them what real supporters are about even if we cant have flags banners etc. I cant say i really believe the whole 'rivalry being forced down our throats' thing. We do have a rivalry with them primarily out of the shit talking that Bill Archer does, sure some of it is made up but its more there than with NY or NE or DCU. Id obviously say Montreal is our top rival but Columbus is damn near close. Once again im not part of a supporters group but thats my opinion

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have they 'won' by chasing us away? That worries me. I say stand up and flood Columbus again. Where they go, I follow. When I can afford to.
    Huh?

Columbus haven't won shit. MLS/Crew FO are pushing us to the edge. As long as they can get a large number of TFC Supporters to come for their home opener, they will continue to do this.

Its time we stand up, call them on it, and say "Fuck You, we are going somewhere else to start the season".

I'll go back to C-bus for the playoffs or the CCL. Other than that, not a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

during these economic times, i would expect Columbus and the Crew to try to make themselves somewhat attractive to attend. Why would I spend money on going to Columbus and not be allowed to support my team fully when I can go to Chicago, DC, Philly, New York, New England, spend about the same amount of money and not have to be told I can't bring my flag into the stadium as all the home team fans bring their's...i will not pay for any bullshit columbus dug themselves a deep hole and well if they don't like money ...that'll be a first

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will go to Columbus for sure, just to have fun and enjoy it, heck it is the opening of the season so I have to. I think we just have to be positive about it and not let it get to us. Shit will only happen if there is a reason for it, so don't make one. Have Fun.

I always look froward to New York City, even more next year with Red Bull Arena, no more crowds of 10,000 at Giant Stadium, it simply sucks there to watch a game, but hey it is the Reds. I love New York because after the game you can back to mid-town, have a world class meal and then head out to the clubs for a night of drinks, dancing and hot chicks.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why can't we start in DC, I'm so fucking sick of Columbus

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NF-FC View Post
    Why can't we start in DC, I'm so fucking sick of Columbus
    The Reds for the record did not start the season a the Crew last year, they were in K.C.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    The Reds for the record did not start the season a the Crew last year, they were in K.C.
    Your right....but We were Columbus' first game and that was the highlighted game for MLS. I don't have a problem with people going to Columbus, I hope you have a blast(maybe we get our first win there), but the last two years of bringing large crowds to Columbus and I'm bored... If it was up to me (which it's not) we should open up the year with different teams and have a large groups attend a different city every year. Can you picture bringing a large group to a great sports cities like Boston, New York, Philly, ect. and the things that you can do after in those cities. I personally like to see different cities, the culture in Boston and New York are much different then in Columbus.

but I guess to each their own

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M&M_TFC View Post
    Your right....but We were Columbus' first game and that was the highlighted game for MLS. I don't have a problem with people going to Columbus, I hope you have a blast(maybe we get our first win there), but the last two years of bringing large crowds to Columbus and I'm bored... If it was up to me (which it's not) we should open up the year with different teams and have a large groups attend a different city every year. Can you picture bringing a large group to a great sports cities like Boston, New York, Philly, ect. and the things that you can do after in those cities. I personally like to see different cities, the culture in Boston and New York are much different then in Columbus.

but I guess to each their own
    Hey I would take New York anyday over going to Columbus, even more with the new Red Bull Arena set to open, have gone to New York in each of the first two seasons and will be heading down in a few weeks for the final game of the regular season, so yes when it comes to cities NYC comes out on top as a place to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Columbus. Boston is totally where it's at for me and the mrs. this year. KC was wicked last year, hopefully Boston will be just a good.

NY would definitly be a sweet trip this year as well with their new stadium and all...
    Last edited by TFC_Junky; 09-25-2009 at 07:06 AM. Reason: forgot about the new NYRB stadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New York would be great, but if everybody here wants to do Boston....I'm definitely in for a BIG showing in beantown. We can go with a smaller crew to New York or do New York the year after. Is New Yorks stadium finished at the beginning of next year or the end of next year????

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first Columbus trip of the year was special and was a time for TFC supporters to feel proud of their numbers. With the Columbus Crew doing so much to dilute our experience and their being so many options to visit other cities the time spent travelling would be better suited elsewhere.

I'm with Al on the CCL matchup, though. That's priority one.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have been to Columbus 3 times last time in July of this year....

I can honestly say that the staff in Crew stadium specifically Steve the security guard did a great job. I spoke to their FO a couple of times after the trip and I realized it is not so much the FO staff and security it is the bloody cops....

After the trip in July I spoke to the head of stadium security and I voiced by concerns about how I was targeted by a cop all game and we actually had a confrence call with the police. I explained everything that happened from pre game to post game and I actually got an apology from the police.

But I am still not going I hate Columbus...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egoodwin View Post
    I hope it's not a 2,000-3,000 show of support... That kind of numbers puts quantity over quality... I'd be happiest with what we brought this year, and maybe 50-100 more like-minded supporters... anything more than, say 1,000, and there is a risk of douchebag stragglers going, not to support the team or anything, but just to say they were there and part of it...
    we can set you up with a 'hardcore points counter' at the trip approvals desk.
    it's for quality control really - we just can't let anyone spend their money to go on a trip.

I'm sure the guys on the field would rather see 2000 people in the stands instead of your 50-100 'like minded supporters'.
    Last edited by Parkdale; 09-25-2009 at 08:42 AM.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

red bull arena will be ready at the beginning of next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

saving up for philly

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The %s have dropped from about 3/4 going to New England, to about 65%. Still a very strong number. I'd say Boston is the trip of the year for next season!

I'd like to see us take at least 1000 people. And I bet New England will greet us more warmly (and better prepared) than Clownbus.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going back (might consider it in 2011) to Columbus with the exception of a playoff game.

That team's FO has pissed me off waaaaaay too much for me to forgive for a while.

Boston it is.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 1000 is attainable/ realistic, if we are organized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Previous Day Next Day
    Departing Flight
    Toronto (YTZ) to Boston (BOS)
    Friday, Apr 02, 2010

Flight# Depart Arrive Firm Flexible Freedom
    939 09:00 10:35 - $119 $529
    941 14:30 16:05 - $119 $529

Previous Day Next Day
    Return Flight
    Boston (BOS) to Toronto (YTZ)
    Sunday, Apr 04, 2010

Flight# Depart Arrive Firm Flexible Freedom
    940 10:15 12:00 - $119 $529
    942 15:00 16:45 - $119 $529

so $240 each person (roundtrip)and the flight is from Toronto to Boston

-others will drive down or take a bus. Very affordable for the distance your travelling
    and I'm sure through expedia and other sites like that you will find cheaper flights.

This should be a great trip.
    Last edited by SQUIRREL; 09-25-2009 at 12:09 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    And I bet New England will greet us more warmly (and better prepared) than Clownbus.
    From my experience in Foxboro in the past:

1 - the Midnight Riders are a very good group, and are a lot like us.
    2 - the stadium knows how to deal with NFL crowds, and knows how to deal with our numbers.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

SHOTGUN EXPRESS

2!!!!!!!
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tooooooooowwwwnie!

Townie!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1181565

they got some things to say about us complaining about the FO and the police (be it how stupid they are)

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    SHOTGUN EXPRESS

2!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodybeatsthewiz View Post
    Tooooooooowwwwnie!

Townie!
    Da dun dun da dun da da da da dun

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're an embarrasment to lager...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... bill archer is a really angry old fart. who knew?