RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default JC a possibility for Lincoln City FC

John Carver | Chances: 6/10
    Carver is a well respected coach who assisted the late Sir Bobby Robson during a stint at Newcastle United. Whilst Carver will have a wealth of contacts, his lack of experience actually managing a team could scupper his chances. Carver has taken charge of Newcastle United and Leeds United as a caretaker boss whilst also managing Toronto F.C in the MLS.
    http://thelinc.co.uk/2009/09/jackson...0%99s-in-next/

Lincoln City F.C. (pronounced /ˈlɪŋkən ˈsɪti/) is an English football team which play in Football League Two, the fourth tier of the English football league system.
    The team play at the 10,127 capacity Sincil Bank in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, and are nicknamed the Imps after the legend of the Lincoln Imp. More recently, they have also been known as the Red Imps. Traditionally they play in red and white striped shirts with black shorts and red and white socks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_City_F.C.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope that goes through, i'm going home for christmas and going to go watch a Darlington game, and it just so happens we're playing Lincoln.

Now to decide if i want to heckle him or try and get him to sign something. I'm really not sure.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have actually read the article now and it's just speculation so probably not going to happen at all. boo!

I like this though.

"his lack of experience actually managing a team could scupper his chances"

Sigh, if only TFC worked that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it sad that a fourth tier club in England takes more care in picking managers/coachs then Mo and MLSE?