Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmikey View Post
    the general sentiment (not just u shaughno, but u have a quote to reference, and well your a man utd fan that JDG might play down to his teammates is pessimistic. watch the game, and u could see JDG pointing to spaces, urging his team to move a certain way. i believe he has the ability to really boss the midfield and influence those around him and really lift the teams level of play.

when he drops deep to pick up the ball, he has already made it clear to the FB's that they are not off the hook. they must work up into space along the flank and expect a pass back out wide. at the start of the game, u could see him pointing to these spaces. later on, u could see they moved into these spaces on their own sometimes.. for a long time this team has done a poor job of moving off the ball and helping the one with it. i don't think JDG will put up with that, and the first game he played that was pretty clear.

JDG must get used to his new team, but they must also get used to him, something that will have just as much impact as his own individual play.
    Agreed. Hopefully this will out in end to the high rate of turnovers and longball that we've sadly seen so much of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    Pretty sure the info will come out soon at least for one of the players Jimmy.

I can see Julian to get ting very frustrated with the players around him. He won't really show it too much coz of the person he is but we will see, hope im wrong.
    I wouldn't be surprised... coming to MLS and playing with people like Barett and Garcia is a joke. He's not a stupid guy and I'm pretty sure he's wondering how the fuck these guys ever got paid playing... Hopefully he lets the FO know and they do something about it...JDG might get frustrated but fuck...I have been for 3 seasons now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julian needs to be made Captain of this team, and it needs to be clear that he is THE General. If he is going to play as a deep holding playmaker, which is a role I like for him, it must be made clear that all those around him must follow his lead, or the whole exercise will be counter productive.

I think he looked great, for the first time, he will be a great on field general.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I'll second that.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    I for one never "shit" on Jimmy. I was stating my opinion that I for one can't see the upside to his game. He is slow. Is he not?
    He hits and hopes 80% of the time. Does he not?
    and this year he runs out of gas early in games,
    gets beat by fast forwards and looks for calls for fouls
    and offsides. am I wrong?

I admire that he was our first captain and that he's a local lad and all that. I just feel that moving forward to next year he can't offer this team enough to justify his inclusion in the starting 11.

Just my 2 cents
    Fair enough, but until we gat a player who can suitably replace him, its a non conversation, really. Fellinga?!......definitely not from what I've seen so far.

And even if/when we do get that player, hopefully Jimmy B will be treated better than Dichio was.....I think he deserves that much, at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its just you. JDG was a force that did what he could. I am glad to see TFC moving the ball around on the ground. What lacks is a game plan (that comes from the coach) to penetrate through the opponents defense. If JDG looked lost, it was b/c he was looking for someone to pass to, and it looked like no one was making the runs or giving him forward moving options.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, JDG was partially to blame for both goals, as he was unable to stop Becks from shooting on the first and put Brennan under pressure with an ill-advised pass before the second.

Apart from that, I thought he had a solid game. Looked like he knew what he was doing, unlike most of the others on the field. For example, the pass to Brennan before the second goal could be made without hesitation to any leftback JDG has ever played with. As he practices/plays more with the team, he will learn what his teammates can and cannot do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    Sorry I was thinking of the GC. lol
    Still the other teams pretty much marked JDG down. Once Radzinski was out, it was over. He was a monster during the game against Honduras. Too bad he split his hand open.
    Klukowski's gotten a lot better which is nice to see because defence has not been a strong suit for the CMNT really.
    Sound familiar? lol
    I thought the D in the Gold Cup was really refreshing. Jakovic and McKenna were a lot better than any other pairing we'd seen lately. Now we just need someone to step in for Stalteri... Edgar, Nana, Ledgerwood, Hainault or even Serioux.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    To me, JDG, looked like he was unsure what his teammates were doing/thinking, sure he made tons of nice 1 touches, but it seemed like when he tried to help his teammates, they didn't really respond

for example: he was trying to lead Garcia to the right flank, where there was a lot of space, and Garcia decided to change ways instead of following JDG

I certainly felt that he was not on the same page as TFC whether it is a step down or just a totally different system
    No he wasn't lost...but everyone else was. Thanks to JDG, the ball was moving forward smoothly and consistently for a change. That is as far as we got unfortunately.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IT'S ONE FLIPPING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    I saw him frustrated with the CMT players during this WCQ cycle- I can see him pulling his hair out if those passes into space go belly up due to a lack of ability from the team.

Exactly bro, i think that will happen a lot especially for awhile. Julian must be thinking at Depor players knew what runs to make lol but some of it will come with time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    JDG definitely was playing 'ahead' of pretty much everyone aside from DeRo. He was making plays that, unfortunately because it's the MLS, just aren't there. He was expecting players to move, when they don't. He was expecting pass backs, where they don't typically happen in this league. Give him a few games to figure out the pace that his teammates play at, then he'll settle in a bit more. He and DeRo were the best players on the pitch.

Also, I had said it before, I don't think JDG and Guevara should play at the same time. They got their wires crossed too many times, especially in the first half. Maybe that will change down the road, but personally I'd prefer to see Vitti/JDG/DeRo line up.
    Exactly what i said before, keep an eye on how many imes they get in each others space or not close enough etc Amado is used to having the ball most of the time and so is DeRo but with DeRo it should be easier coz he should be getting the ball th mot in the final third but with Julian and Amado in the ball they will both want the ball and im not sure how that is gonna work.

If you look at Beckhams goal he got in between of both of them in the end they were both that foot too far away to make the tackle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    fully agree here!....but I think Guevara will be gone next year, so that might solve it....
    i got that feeling too but we will see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I think this is the fate of pretty much any DP in this league at this time.

I remember watching Ljunberg at BMO - he looked really frustrated with his teammates at times.
    Freddie is a vocal person, Julian will just keep it to himself and we will find out after lol

A lot of the DP's are older and know they are coming to the MLS to end their careers so i think they put up with it and ccept it a bit more, Julian just came from La Liga and is younger but he is very down to earth so we will see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG was just fine. Put together some of the best passes during the game. The 30+ defenders are another issue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    i got that feeling too but we will see.
    Young Family... Honduras in the WC... his role miminized by JDG... Unfortunately I don't see him here next year... He'll probably go to a team in Honduras and eventually reitre there (maybe into a new role as coach or director)... he is still very well respected over there.

However, who will take our set pieces!!!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All other things being equal, I agree that Amado is gone. But if the cap goes up substantially, and he feels that his career is at a point where he's comfortable coming in for 30 minutes a game, then I feel like we can afford to keep a player like him around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    However, who will take our set pieces!!!
    Chunk Barrett!!!
    Last edited by Chewy Unikronik; 09-23-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy Unikronik View Post
    Chunk Barrett!!!
    hey, maybe with more flexibility under the cap, one of those US teams might be more willing to trade for that contract and rid that guy of us