Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are sitting there texting your best friend and talking about movies, then screw off...but if you are genuinely interested in the game, I don't have a problem.

I will say though, that if you are in the supporters section...you should not be learning the game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true and simple, alex

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBlades View Post
    no it doesn't - it simply says that someone can't understand the joy of getting a team after waiting decades as oppose to days. you could say the same for a blowjob...it's common sense
    nope. it says this:
    Eager to jump on the bandwagon, these "fans" try hard to appreciate the game, and their hard-earned dollars are certainly appreciated at the club coffers, but their superficial enjoyment of a day out on a Saturday can never match the sheer joy of fans who have been waiting years – or in some cases decades – for a professional team to thrive in Toronto.
    it's not about getting a team, it's about enjoying the match on gameday. Says so right there in bold.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by alexintoronto
    A new fan with an open mind, willing to learn, help support the team and create atmosphere = good.

A new fan with a closed mind, only willing to sit and watch all while making it harder for others to support and create atmosphere = bad.

^ yeah but that kind of attitude is going to have us shown up by the Sons of Ben, we have 20,000 seats available - that's a capacity, i'd rather fill them slowly with people that can really get behind their team, than let the first 20,000 bumkins in searching for a tfc car flag or Edu bobble head doll

there doing things right down there, from the foundation...be weary

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    nope. it says this:
    it's not about getting a team, it's about enjoying the match on gameday. Says so right there in bold.
    Dude, stick to making videos and sipping on chocolate martinis in your luxury $1000 season seat and leave the support to us. You've questioned the effect and importance of support many times. You shouldn't even be part of this thread.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarez View Post
    You shouldn't even be part of this thread.
    and you shouldn't even be on this message board if we're just a bunch of part-time supporters.

and my seat is $1260 before I factor in the cost of chocolate martinis and prawn sandwiches
    Last edited by Parkdale; 06-09-2008 at 09:59 AM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not what I said. Lots of people take cheap shots at us, and we rarely take them back.

Dude, why is it that you always take these threads so personally? If it doesn't affect you, why bother getting your back up over it?

olegunnar

I'm not a member of ultras114 just so everyone knows that isn't influencing my perception of the article.

I still find it odd that I'm the only one that sees what I see.

You've got a group (ultras114) that feels unfairly singled out and persecuted by cops/security. The rumours are it may have started from non-soccer security types reading their website and not "getting it".
    You've got bandwagon types causing shit all the time (throwing crap, running on the field during play, vandalizing the GO trains etc. etc.) and so:
    You get an article from the people that think they're unfair targets saying "it's not us!! you've got the wrong people, in fact we think THOSE people are twats and posers, oh and if any of you twats and posers made an honest mistake and thought what you were doing was cool, then here's a lesson for you".

That's how I see it. I guess I'm the only one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    zing!

Zing what? Zing that he can be a prawner and still say he's a supporter? Or zing that he takes these threads so personally it makes him seem like less of a supporter than he actually may be, simply because he is so opposed to anything that has Ultras/Barbarez or hardcore attached in any form or fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boom! someone sees the light (for olegunner)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    I'm not a member of ultras114 just so everyone knows that isn't influencing my perception of the article.

You've got a group (ultras114) that feels unfairly singled out and persecuted by cops/security. The rumours are it may have started from non-soccer security types reading their website and not "getting it".
    You've got bandwagon types causing shit all the time (throwing crap, running on the field during play, vandalizing the GO trains etc. etc.) and so:
    You get an article from the people that think they're unfair targets saying "it's not us!! you've got the wrong people, in fact we think THOSE people are twats and posers, oh and if any of you twats and posers made an honest mistake and thought what you were doing was cool, then here's a lesson for you".

You're not the only one. The difference is, we're not taking it personally like he's trying to tell us that we're not hardcore supporters, unlike some others.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zing because it's a joke. remember those?

Barbarez

good on ya gunner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zing because it's a joke. remember those?

Yeah, kinda like half this article that you took so personally you decided to bring your prawns into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you read my response to you on the previous page you will see what my issue is...
    you are defending one view while the article clearly presents a different view right from the get-go.
    Perhaps the article is trying to say what you claim...
    We are claiming that the article was poorly written.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaughno - I'm not taking it personally. I know the article isn't about me or people like me (who know when a ball goes offside). I just don't think people should take shots at other people who came into the TFC experience later than others. It seems like that's the point of the article, more so than distancing themselves from the drunken troublemakers. I see olegunners' point that they are trying to distance themselves from certain problems, but I don't think singling out others is the way to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my personal issue is that the RPB caters to the "casual" fan because they are the majority and truth is they have the most seats....and they know that will continue to get love from MLSE suit monkeys. it's like concert promoters "catering" to madonna because she sells out the rogers center as oppose to a concerthall.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see it, and agree with it's message, i really do. i guess if there was a way to get a message out to those in a helpful way it'd serve us better than the shots going back and forth on here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my personal issue is that the RPB caters to the "casual" fan because they are the majority and truth is they have the most seats....and they know that will continue to get love from MLSE suit monkeys. it's like concert promoters "catering" to madonna because she sells out the rogers center as oppose to a concerthall.
    quality over quantity is what i'm trying to say

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caters how?

If it's "catering" when you choose not to be elitist, I guess it is what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and to add to that - they're frustration must be doubled in the fact that they are singled out supporting as best they can...and they're not getting any help from other "supporter" groups who really should be encouraging the same kind of support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I need to a break... I'll come back when this thread has reached the 12th page are so...

... who am I kidding... I'll be back by at least page 5...

Barbarez

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Caters how?

What do you mean how? You express your views and opinions on here every day. People will judge you based on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaughno - I'm not taking it personally. I know the article isn't about me or people like me (who know when a ball goes offside). I just don't think people should take shots at other people who came into the TFC experience later than others. It seems like that's the point of the article, more so than distancing themselves from the drunken troublemakers. I see olegunners' point that they are trying to distance themselves from certain problems, but I don't think singling out others is the way to do it.

Nobody seemed to have a problem with the article's general idea until you and flatpicker came in calling it an egotistical piece of garbage. He's not taking shots at people who came in late to the experience, he's taking shots at the idiots in the fucking stands. It's so clear, as it has been in previous articles that he has written. As usual, you've jumped to a major conclusion from your point of view... which never, ever agrees with anything that has ultras/barbarez/hardcore in the mix.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarez View Post
    What do you mean how? You express your views and opinions on here every day. People will judge you based on that.
    I see.

Expressing an opinion = catering.

Glad we cleared that up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caters how?

elitist in what sense dude?

if you mean elitist in the fact that I took to time to love football in this city my whole life instead on starting last summer. if elitist means taking the time to learn the rules and the players and that....the people that do that deserve to be elite in my opinion...sorry if some take offence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caters how?

Dude, I'm tired of this 'elistest' bullshit that gets tossed around so frequently. It happens on both sides.

What he's saying is, if you joined a supporters group... be a supporter. If you aren't a supporter, don't join a supporters group. It's pretty easy I think. I mean, it wasn't formed as the Red Patch Boys Casual Friendship Group was it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL how much do I regret reading this thread!!??!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This argument is getting silly and seems to an argument for arguments sake... but I agree with both sides (wtf??) I don't think the article is written is intended to be interpreted as some have here, but re-read the article and see how it could be interpreted that way. It's really silly to split hairs like this guys.

A simple "that's not the intention of the article and this is what it is saying" would suffice. Can we please focus some of this hatred on the Red Bulls? You know, since they're shite?