Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHollister View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily call myself a bandwagon jumper. I was somewhat interested in soccer long before TFC came around. When TFC did come along, I took it as a chance to learn more about the game and support a team.
    And no, I don't understand all the rules. The offside rule has been explained to me and it still baffles me at times. No, I don't have every player's name and number memorized. No, I don't attend every game, but believe me, I would if I could afford it; and when I do attend, I stand for the full 90 minutes and pay attention.
    Call me a part-time, bandwagon-jumping supporter all you want. I'm learning as much about the game as I can, as quickly as I can.
    And I saw you singing your heart out in Montreal and loved it.

And we love having you in the stands whenever you can make it.

That's all that should matter. /end thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bdrs View Post
    Funny cause I am new to the game, but TFC is my number one club. Actually my only. you?
    They are my number 2 club, I have no shame in admitting that. That said, I've wished that my #1 club was within driving distance my entire life. I've spent the money to make sure I've experience those live games, but now that I have a 'home' club to cheer for, I'm beyond estatic. There's a reason I get pissed off in the stands. When I turn around singing a song trying to spread it to the rest of 112 and I see them staring at me like I'm the fucking idiot because nobody will join in. Yes I sing every game, even if it's by myself. Yes I jump every game, even if it's by myself. Does that make me a better supporter than the people around me? No. I don't consider them supporters at all actually if they aren't going to 'support' the team in the stands.

Regardless of that, the feeling I get from going to home and away games, I feel it cannot be matched by someone who is just getting into the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I normally don't base my opinion on an article by taking one section out of context.
    I know you don't, it was a friendly jab.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we all understand what each others opinions are...
    and like every other fucking argument that happens in this forum, it usually boils down to one thing...
    we all like TFC and we all want to support the team enthusiastically...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets not forget, TFC seasons tickets only sold our after beckham was signed, so a lot of folks are bandwagon jumpers in the truest sense...they just want to see beckham and only show up for the rest of the games because they paid for them...

and lets just see how many fans are in the stands for the Concacaf matches...i bet we wont be sold out, cause becks will not be there...

my prediction the bandwagon jumpers will start to not renew cause becks did not show again...and when he retires or leaves mls...then what, more seats will become available.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    and when he retires or leaves mls...then what, more seats will become available.
    I Hope so!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    I think we all understand what each others opinions are...
    and like every other fucking argument that happens in this forum, it usually boils down to one thing...
    we all like TFC and we all want to support the team enthusiastically...
    BINGO!

Everyone supports their team in their own way…it frustrates me to read…"if you don't do this…or you don't do that…your not a real supporter…"

That talk is bull shit…
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets not forget, TFC seasons tickets only sold our after beckham was signed, so a lot of folks are bandwagon jumpers in the truest sense...they just want to see beckham and only show up for the rest of the games because they paid for them...
    I give our ticket holders more credit than that. I could be wrong, but I think there were at least 10,000 seats sold before the Beckham announcement.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I give our ticket holders more credit than that. I could be wrong, but I think there were at least 10,000 seats sold before the Beckham announcement.
    I do believe it was 6-7k.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure we done this before, no? Not everyone who bought after Beckham announced was buying because of Beckham...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you go to the games and scream and yell and sing....if you go to the games with your family and cheer and teach your kids the game....if you go to the games and love this team and care about the results...if you can't go to the games, but watch at home and scream at the TV...if you watch from a bar and feel like you need a good result just to have a good week....if you're high when TFC is high and low when they are, you're a person that I respect and have much in common with and you're just as good and as fucking important as any megaphone, banner or drum. END OF.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    that's still a very respectable number for an expansion team in an untested market. And it's not like the 10k beyond that just bought for Beckham.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    I'm pretty sure we done this before, no? Not everyone who bought after Beckham announced was buying because of Beckham...

Of course!

But seriously, it played a major factor in a lot of people. The fact that in two days there was a surge of something like nearly a thousand tickets sold compared to like 500 or so per week.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my prediction the bandwagon jumpers will start to not renew cause becks did not show again...and when he retires or leaves mls...then what, more seats will become available.
    So the guys who didn't buy seats when they were available can?

There was plenty of time and reasonably priced seats available for months…before and after Golden Balls signed…what difference does it make when you bought 'em?

You either committed or you didn't…the bandwagon jumpers are the guys who are waiting for the other bandwagoners to jump off so they can jump on!
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    So the guys who didn't buy seats when they were available can?

There was plenty of time and reasonably priced seats available for months…before and after Golden Balls signed…what difference does it make when you bought 'em?

You either committed or you didn't…the bandwagon jumpers are the guys who are waiting for the other bandwagoners to jump off so they can jump on!
    Eh yooooooo!

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought my TFC tickets when I realised it would be a good opportunity to practice my Photoshop skills!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh yooooooo!
    Yep! Becks and I signed around the time…although I bought mine the week before…apparently it was the deciding factor in him joining the league…at least thay's what I tell people!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Yeah.... we have no idea what offside means.
    As I understand it, it's when the quarterback kicks the football past the blue line before the streamers are thrown.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was around 10,500,just before Beckham signed
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer away matches better than at BMO to be honest.....

I get the point of the article. I also think it's better to initially encourage rather than insult and shame, but if the encouragement doesn't work i'm all for calling people out left and right.

I do not consider myself an elitist when it comes to TFC as i did not avail myself in the first season but i have since been rectifying that this season. I understand the elitist mentality and will probably develop it as time goes on....and when that happens i'll be pretty unapologetic about it too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reads like garbage, but its about what I would expect from anyone who calls them self 'Ultra'.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thread done.

It's amazing that after this long we still all resort to the same arguments and make the same points.

Also, it's always the usual suspects.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy