Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dunivant played in season 1,, hrdly the same scouting report.

that writer is realy stretching for that story

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

REFEREE: Kevin Stott.
    One of the better refs in MLS.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    One of the better refs in MLS.
    You know they do it for Spicy boy so he won't get suspended trying to strangle some one from Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPBLondon View Post
    dunivant played in season 1,, hrdly the same scouting report.

that writer is realy stretching for that story
    he was traded early this year. though he didn't play much last year due to injury
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    he was traded early this year. though he didn't play much last year due to injury
    again, not the same team, or coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow Sanyang is some athelete... goes through whole day of training without water

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/loca...ion-and-sports

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Music to my fucking ears.

"I liked the confidence we showed going forward and guys being comfortable on the ball," said de Guzman, who watched from a box at BMO Field. "That's my style of play.
    "If we can do this week-in, week-out, we'll be dangerous."
    As always, that remains a big if. TFC has shown flashes of brilliance this season only to follow it up with sub-par efforts making supporters wonder if it's the same team.
    Such inconsistency is the hallmark of a young side, which TFC is.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

coed 1 y 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    wow Sanyang is some athelete... goes through whole day of training without water

Dude, it's so true. I gotta give this guy mad respect for his commitment to his beliefs AND to the team on the field. I can only imagine how hard it must be to fast and train and play a sport so physically demanding.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even a draw here isn't the end of the world but it does put more pressure on us to win our two remaining home games.

A win eases the pressure on us, but after the debacle with Dallas last week, LA is coming out all guns a'blazin'.

This will be a good game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

although the article was about Sanyang, it mentions that Ibby is doing the same thing.

quite remarkable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Dude, it's so true. I gotta give this guy mad respect for his commitment to his beliefs AND to the team on the field. I can only imagine how hard it must be to fast and train and play a sport so physically demanding.
    +1. I fast on my ten minute drive to work every day and I can barely make it to the elevator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest with you (wow I sound like Cummins) that just isn't smart from their side, or from Winsper & TFC brass...

They should respect their beleifs, and work around them... Making them train with no food/water is foolish and can lead to injuries...

Have them do a lengthy video session, work on the mental aspects and do some decision making sessions (things that can really help young players)...

But having them train, a full session, at full speed, with no water is asking for a muscle pull...

There's a difference between being tough & being foolish...

I'm not trying to sound like one of the bitter bunch, but I just don't see this as a smart move at all...

I love the fact the two of them want to give it 110% in training even though they're dehydrated & have little to no nutrients left in their system, but work on other things, that help just as much, during the time they respect their religon...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ i skipped breakfast am Im cranky MoFo

i can only imagine running full tilt with no water.

Although they probably carb up and drink up right before sunrise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    To be honest with you (wow I sound like Cummins) that just isn't smart from their side, or from Winsper & TFC brass...

They should respect their beleifs, and work around them... Making them train with no food/water is foolish and can lead to injuries...

Have them do a lengthy video session, work on the mental aspects and do some decision making sessions (things that can really help young players)...

But having them train, a full session, at full speed, with no water is asking for a muscle pull...

There's a difference between being tough & being foolish...

I'm not trying to sound like one of the bitter bunch, but I just don't see this as a smart move at all...

I love the fact the two of them want to give it 110% in training even though they're dehydrated & have little to no nutrients left in their system, but work on other things, that help just as much, during the time they respect their religon...

Carts...
    I sorta see what you mean, but I'm sure they've got a plan they're working out with Winsper and the nutritionist. I think it is a tough regime Sanyang and Ibrahim are going through, but I doubt there will be any big negative effects coming out as a result.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another scattered and insulting blog from our friend Billy...

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=6668

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I sorta see what you mean, but I'm sure they've got a plan they're working out with Winsper and the nutritionist. I think it is a tough regime Sanyang and Ibrahim are going through, but I doubt there will be any big negative effects coming out as a result.
    I'm sure they load up on water before and after the fasting and alter their nutrition intake to overload on certain nutrients they may loose throughout the day without the water.

Another key would be to try and not take to many pee breaks through the day. That's where they would loose a shit load of water.

It's tough yes, but not impossible. As long as they keep their muscles warm and stretched, for the most part they should be fine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post

Bill Archer is a moron and really doesn't get it.
    That's why half his article is about stating What he claims to understand as oppose to giving actual reasons to why he doesn't believe in it.

$10 million cap isn't only about making your team beat the crap out of another MLS team making less $$. It's not just about spending the cash to bring whomever the fuck in you want. A $10 million cap keeps players here in the MLS as oppose to going to fucking Norway or 3rd division England for more money. Which is a huge problem right now IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Do we know what his real issue is with TFC?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He hates us because he is thinks we need to stay in Canada and start our own league......he is just pathetic!!!

this guys is not woth the pixels on my screen!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Archer is a xenophobic moron. Paying attention to him is wasting valuable time off your life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He hates us for what we are, not what we do. He's just generally xenophobic and small-minded.

But aside from that, he writes his texts (I don't call them articles) as if he's in a bubble. In other words, he claims to see things impartially and therefore his writings should be taken more seriously than anyone else because he's the only one who "gets it".

It's like describing what a river looks like from the top of a tree, but you don't realize that lightning struck down this tree, fell into the river and is now being swept away by the current with you along for the ride.

The guy is like arthiritis: you don't think about him until he acts up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He seems like one of those all American hicks. Waves the ol hillbilly flag and hates change and forward thinking. Thinks it's all the devils work.
    He is from Columbus after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they really not allowed to have any water? I thought they just weren't allowed to eat while the sun is up?

I can barely even not have meat on Fridays during lent...

In any case I would presume that they eat a lot when the sun goes down and that they get up early for bfast and such.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The day I wish it were a Sunday game.

I believe last day of Ramadan is tomorrow.
    No Robbo = Sanyang should have big roll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because we're not this guy:

or this women:

or this dog:

See the pattern here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I had the time (or desire for that matter) I could drive a truck through the holes in his arguement, but for starters the whole diatribe is predicated on the idea that 10 million dollar teams would play against 2.5 million dollar teams, which is ridiculous. I haven't seen anyone suggest that the MLS cap could jump from $2.5 million to $10 million without there being some kind of system of revenue sharing. More to the point, if your city can't support a team with a $10 million budget (modest by any pro sports team), then maybe your city isn't "major" enough for "Major League Soccer".

As for defensive minded footy "ruining the game", I wonder if he's ever seen a Serie A game - or watched the US national team. I wonder if Bill thinks that the good ole US of A mens team is killing international footy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can imagine how tough it has been on Sanyang. I'm having a very difficult time with fasting this year with the 15 hour days (I converted to Islam 10 years ago). I also understand how important it is to him. Some athletes say they are more focused during Ramadan (Abdur Rahim use to say his best games were played during Ramada back in the day).