Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it wrong that i am happy that robbo is hurt.??

i cant take the rainbow passes, and the "thump" that the ball makes everytime he touches it.

his distribution is brutal.

JDG and Guevara are going to be deadly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year it was Guevara's debut in L.A. and he was a huge sparkplug. Let's hope JDG has a similar impact tomorrow. I agree that JDG should play in a central midfield role until Robbo comes back. As for tommorow's formation...

------------Frei---------------

Wynne-Attakora-Brennan-Gomez

-----------Cronin--------------

------------JDG---------------

---Vitti---Guevara---DeRo-----

-----------Gerba (White)------
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 09-18-2009 at 08:19 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From TFC website

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/te....jsp&team=t280

The Back: Centre Back - Gregg Berhalter
    It will be interesting to see if LA risks playing Berhalter against Toronto, knowing that the likes of Amado Guevara, Julian de Guzman and Dwayne De Rosario love to take on weak defenders. To say Berhalter is slow is an understatement. The 36-year old had a horror game against Dallas last week when Jeff Cunningham played him for a pylon. He makes up one half of the centre back partnership with Omar Gonzalez, who is a leading Rookie of the Year candidate. Todd Dunivant has been solid as a left back, but right fullback A.J. DeLaGarza's knock to his left knee last week could keep him out of the squad.

LOL at Berhalter remark. Though it is true. He's like Garcia. Slow, but very positionally sound defender. Speed can expose him.

No DelaGarza is a bonus. This kid is having a very good rookie season and going to turn into one of best right backs in this league. If he's not playing, Chris Klein will fill in. He's another good defender who can also play wing, and lots of USMNT caps, but he is 33, and he can be hurt by speed too.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    LA's Shut Down List:
    - Beckham
    - Landycakes
    - Buddle (believe it or not, that guy is dangerous)
    - Kovalenko
    - Eskandarian
    - Berhalter (weakest link of this chain)

Shut them all down, you shut down LA.
    What's the word on suspensions? I thought either Landycakes or Becky were up for missing this game? Please tell me at least one of them is?

Without Landycakes, Beckham has no star finisher. I'd rather see Beckham on the pitch than Donovan who can absolutely burn us with his speed since our backline is so slow except for Wynne who is always out of position anyways.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    For this match, with Robbo injured, I would slot JDG in a holding midfield role, especially since it's his first match. If he just feeds Guevara and DeRo, we should have a potent offense.
    I agree. If JDG can shut down LA from the middle, and esp prevent Donovan from running around in the centre, plus feed nice first passes to other midfielders, I'd be very happy.

Shifting focus of LA attack to wings is better than letting them go through the centre. Last year at LA, Donovan torched TFC defence for 2 goals by going through the middle. Gotta stop that.
    I'll be very interested to see what Cummins does. It will show whether he knows how to make the best use of his players. I do expect, after seeing what Dallas did, that he will focus on the attack. You certainly want to keep the ball in LA's half of the pitch.
    Arena > Cummins

Arena will get his team motivated coming into this game, after getting destroyed at home by lowly Dallas.
    Cummins? God knows
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I agree. If JDG can shut down LA from the middle, and esp prevent Donovan from running around in the centre, plus feed nice first passes to other midfielders, I'd be very happy.

Shifting focus of LA attack to wings is better than letting them go through the centre. Last year at LA, Donovan torched TFC defence for 2 goals by going through the middle. Gotta stop that.

Arena > Cummins

Arena will get his team motivated coming into this game, after getting destroyed at home by lowly Dallas.
    Cummins? God knows
    It's do or die for the rest of the season...If that isn't enough motivation in of itself than the players should be faulted. I am sure the effort will be there, I just pray that we don't fall apart because of defensive lapses...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With JDG playing teams will have to think twice about putting two men on DeRo. JDG will be able to find the space and give excellent service to other players. Now we need someone other than DeRo to score....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xj Darrell View Post
    With JDG playing teams will have to think twice about putting two men on DeRo. JDG will be able to find the space and give excellent service to other players. Now we need someone other than DeRo to score....
    Gerba had good chances last game, with more service from DeGuz he should be making some of these chances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see if the boys can take the momentum to LA, where TFC did win (on a tremendous fashion with Jeff Cunningham of all people scoring the winning goal in 85th min in a 3-2 thriller) last year
    Since that game, LA have been quietly working on a plan to stop Dichio, Cunningham and Jarrod Smith. I think those guys won't be a factor.

Also, I predict that Robert's free kicks will not be a problem for them this time around, and they're not going to let Greg Sutton get the best of them either.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Since that game, LA have been quietly working on a plan to stop Dichio, Cunningham and Jarrod Smith. I think those guys won't be a factor.

Also, I predict that Robert's free kicks will not be a problem for them this time around, and they're not going to let Greg Sutton get the best of them either.

Shhhhhhhh, don't tell them.

Though I don't see how they'll score with Tebily back there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Last year it was Guevara's debut in L.A. and he was a huge sparkplug. Let's hope JDG has a similar impact tomorrow. I agree that JDG should play in a central midfield role until Robbo comes back. As for tommorow's formation...

Wynne-Attakora-Brennan-Gomez

-----------Gerba (White)------
    Brennan in the middle would be a disaster, he was the reason for half of the chances last week, his play has been horrible the last 2 games, he's always 2 steps behind everyone else on the offside trap. Take a look at Frie's save of the week the last 2 weeks and you'll see what I mean

Frei
    Wynne Nana Gomez Fellinga
    Cronin JDG Guevara Brennan
    Dero
    White

Defense: speed to control Landycakes runs, Nana and Gomez to control becks crosses coming in
    Wings: Cronin and Brennan on the sides so we can finally get some good crosses in
    Middle: JDG, Guevara and Dero in the middle to control the tempo of the game, we have 3 of the best passers in the game might as well put them together
    Forward: White, I think he earned the start over Gerba, that was a clinical finish last week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xj Darrell View Post
    Good point. Guevara will also be more rested for this game than the last few weeks so LA will have to be careful with how they're marking our guys in the middle.
    This will be a game where guys like Gerba and Barrett will need to finish their chances since they'll probably have more room than our other attackers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    Brennan in the middle would be a disaster, he was the reason for half of the chances last week, his play has been horrible the last 2 games, he's always 2 steps behind everyone else on the offside trap. Take a look at Frie's save of the week the last 2 weeks and you'll see what I mean

Frei
    Wynne Nana Gomez Fellinga
    Cronin JDG Guevara Brennan
    Dero
    White

Defense: speed to control Landycakes runs, Nana and Gomez to control becks crosses coming in
    Wings: Cronin and Brennan on the sides so we can finally get some good crosses in
    Middle: JDG, Guevara and Dero in the middle to control the tempo of the game, we have 3 of the best passers in the game might as well put them together
    Forward: White, I think he earned the start over Gerba, that was a clinical finish last week
    I like it. Though I'd still start Gerba ahead of White. This is one tactical area where I agree with Cummins (gulp!). His plan for White, since he's coming back from a major injury is to use him as an impact substitute from and 60th minute onward. Gerba also had very good chances at goal that didn't go in, not because he Barretted them, but because the 5th minute cross was just flicked wide (he had the keeper beat) and the backheel a defender cleared off the line. Especially with JDG playing, we should see Gerba have a good game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-----------------Frei-----------------
    Fellinga Attakora Garcia Brennan
    ----------------JDG-----------------
    Cronin-----Guevera--------- DeRo
    ------Barrett----------Gerba--------

White in for Gerba around the 60 minute mark
    Sanyang for JDG if needed

you have Barrett, Guevera, and DeRo providing service to Gerba and making chance on all three sides.

Cronin is supporting offense and defense as is JDG.

I think this is a strong attacking formation with the ability to make up for the poor back line.
    It allows JDG to play instinctively to offset his fitness which is in question and I think we will get the most out of him for this game
    Last edited by Kaz; 09-18-2009 at 02:35 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Fellinga Attakora Garcia Brennan

White in for Gerba around the 60 minute mark
    Sanyang for JDG if needed

you have Barrett, Guevera, and DeRo providing service to Gerba and making chance on all three sides.

Cronin is supporting offense and defense as is JDG.

I think this is a strong attacking formation with the ability to make up for the poor back line.
    It allows JDG to play instinctively to offset his fitness which is in question and I think we will get the most out of him for this game
    Fellinga as RB?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is with some of these kooky backline arrangements? Brennan as a CB? Fellinga as a RB?

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ideal lineup?

Attakora--Gomez--Serioux--Fellinga
    ----------------------------------
    ---------------JDG---------------
    -Cronin-----Guevara-------DeRo--
    ------OBW-----------Gerba-------

- Bring on Barrett for OBW or Gerba - whichever one looks gassed first.
    - Bring on Wynne for Attakora or Gomez, whichever is having the worse game, or looks gassed first. If it's Gomez, shift Attakora to CB.
    - Remaining sub could either be Brennan for Fellinga (if Fellinga is not impressing), or Sanyang for any of the midfielders.

None of the subs have to be used in that order.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    My ideal lineup?

Attakora--Gomez--Serioux--Fellinga
    ---------------JDG---------------
    -Cronin-----Guevara-------DeRo--
    ------OBW-----------Gerba-------

- Bring on Barrett for OBW or Gerba - whichever one looks gassed first.
    - Bring on Wynne for Attakora or Gomez, whichever is having the worse game, or looks gassed first. If it's Gomez, shift Attakora to CB.
    - Remaining sub could either be Brennan for Fellinga (if Fellinga is not impressing), or Sanyang for any of the midfielders.

None of the subs have to be used in that order.

- Scott
    I'd like to see this lineup too.

No Vitti?...even as a sub? How come?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speed will be key to unlocking LA defence. not trickery

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti did nothing for us last game, I can't see him starting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Guevara even be fit to play? Didn't sound to good according to CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne-Attakora-Gomez-Brennan

------------Gerba--------

Subs: White for Gerba (60')
    Fellinga for Barrett (60')

When this happens, we go to a 1-5-4:

--------------Frei
    Wynne-Attakora-Gomez-Fellinga
    ---------------JDG
    Cronin------------------Brennan
    ----Vitti-----Guevara--DeRo
    --------------White

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JAHINHO'S WINNING Xl
    ----------------24---------------
    ---------------Frei---------------
    ------------3--------32----------
    ---------Attakora--Gomez--------
    --16-------------------------5---
    Wynne--------------------Fellinga
    ----------------22---------------
    -------------Sanyang------------
    ---------6--------------20-------
    --------JDG----------Guevara----
    -11----------------------------14
    Vitti--------------------------DeRo
    ----------------10----------------
    --------------Gerba---------------

(numbers for Dobson use)

SUBS
    White
    Barrett
    Serioux
    Garcia
    Brennan
    Cronin

SUBSTITUTIONS
    - Bring on OBW for Gerba
    - Bring on Serioux for Sanyang (serioux play a serious defensive role)
    - Bring on Brennan just cause

Dwayne DeRosario - The Skipper
    Last edited by Shway; 09-18-2009 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    JAHINHO'S WINNING Xl

(numbers for Dobson use)

SUBS
    White
    Barrett
    Serioux
    Garcia
    Brennan
    Cronin

SUBSTITUTIONS
    - Bring on OBW for Gerba
    - Bring on Serioux for Sanyang (serioux play a serious defensive role)
    - Bring on Brennan just cause

Dwayne DeRosario - The Skipper
    Kinda like this. I'd probably start Brennan instead of Vitti and put DeRo on the other side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Like it as well!! Maybe DeRo on the other side but whatever is best for Vitti as DeRo can handle anything!! TFC baby!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    JAHINHO'S WINNING Xl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kitchener-TFC View Post

Wynne-Attakora-Gomez-Brennan

------------Gerba--------

Subs: White for Gerba (60')
    Fellinga for Barrett (60')

When this happens, we go to a 1-5-4:

--------------Frei
    Wynne-Attakora-Gomez-Fellinga
    ---------------JDG
    Cronin------------------Brennan
    ----Vitti-----Guevara--DeRo
    --------------White
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We NEVER go to a 1-5-4!! It never works!! We're not the Italian National Team back there!! Stick to what is working!! 4-4-2, 3-5-2,...whatever, but never just 1 striker!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baggio2TFC View Post
    ^^ Like it as well!! Maybe DeRo on the other side but whatever is best for Vitti as DeRo can handle anything!! TFC baby!!
    yea same difference
    Dero will still rip shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Kinda like this. I'd probably start Brennan instead of Vitti and put DeRo on the other side.
    Nooo brennan is not a mid man, nor is he a defender, and hes definately not a striker, so where does that leave him?.......(where did i put him again lol)
    he wont know to do the 1-2's with the midfield, that vitti would hes used to just running the "flanks"

Barrett subbin in for Vitti if anything

OH YEA that line up is the future of TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fellinga as RB?
    Well I'd prefer Attakora there, and Serioux in the center. and Fellinga should get some play once and awhile I realistically I don't see Brennan sitting on the bench and even out of position I still see him marking better then Wynne. Orginally I had Gomez in center.

Attakora Gomez Garcia Fellinga

so long as we are playing with two upfront and some strength in the back we are ok..

I'm more concerned with this stupd 4-5-1 crap people keep talking about. I'm also concerned about all this talk of White starting the kid is coming off injury he shouldn't be starting any games before next year.
    Last edited by Kaz; 09-18-2009 at 09:15 PM.