RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by denime; 09-16-2009 at 05:36 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin' D and thanks for this again

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up In other news....

Huckerby retires......99% - the other 1% will continue to look for Ronnie O'Brien who has gone missing after being implicated in a ponze scheme.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/ne...828357118.html

Ricketts is on trial....again.....

http://www.leytonorient.com/page/New...798918,00.html
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Globe and Mail started a weekly soccer column (with 2nd and 3rd story today TFC related).

Former Canadian World Cup soccer player Paul James brings his unique perspective to The Globe and Mail. James, who earned 47 international caps for Canada and made appearances at the 1984 Olympics and 1986 World Cup, is set to launch a new blog on this site and will write a weekly newspaper column.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1289228/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    The Globe and Mail started a weekly soccer column (with 2nd and 3rd story today TFC related).

Former Canadian World Cup soccer player Paul James brings his unique perspective to The Globe and Mail. James, who earned 47 international caps for Canada and made appearances at the 1984 Olympics and 1986 World Cup, is set to launch a new blog on this site and will write a weekly newspaper column.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1289228/
    The more people writing about the game the better it is for the game in our country.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    That's kind of embarrassing that they have the picture of him in a TFC shirt and he's trialling not for League One club Leyton Orient, but for THEIR RESERVES! Ugh.

Also, and this might have been posted in the 15 September thread about deadline day moves, but apparently, TFC were interested in getting Kei Kamara in the lead-up to his move to KC.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...c/6619607.html

Besides Kansas City, Toronto FC also showed interest in acquiring Kamara.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jesus, why Kei?
    We've already got enough underproducers, lets play the decent strikers we have and get some more as back up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine it was going to be a Kamara->Barrett deal, but Houston balked at Chad's salary.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    That's kind of embarrassing that they have the picture of him in a TFC shirt and he's trialling not for League One club Leyton Orient, but for THEIR RESERVES! Ugh.
    well the reserves is the only place they can play him to find out if they want to sign him. If they like him, he'll be available for their first team.

still though, Leyton orient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    I imagine it was going to be a Kamara->Barrett deal, but Houston balked at Chad's salary.
    I know you're joking a bit but just to add some information. Kamara's contract is up at the end of the year and apparently part of his salary was Generation Adidas (don't know how that works but it's what I know) but next year it wouldn't have been, which would have meant a significant increase in cap-hit for an average player who has his moments, but is generally a huge douche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    well the reserves is the only place they can play him to find out if they want to sign him. If they like him, he'll be available for their first team.

still though, Leyton orient.
    The fact that this didn't occur to me is greatly embarrassing. I guess I must still have been in pre-season mode or something.

But yeah, Leyton Orient...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    I know you're joking a bit but just to add some information. Kamara's contract is up at the end of the year and apparently part of his salary was Generation Adidas (don't know how that works but it's what I know) but next year it wouldn't have been, which would have meant a significant increase in cap-hit for an average player who has his moments, but is generally a huge douche.
    Describes Barrett to a tee.

Barrett isn't a douche like Kei though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wowwww. Pall Jamezzzzz. Say somethin', fella. Have a take, have a pop, but enough with the porridge.