5%
    Fredy Montero (SEA)28%
    Dwayne De Rosario (TOR)6%
    Atiba Harris (DAL)4%

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the f is so special about Montero's? nothing!

OB's goal also gets assist of the week by DeRo too!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Rolfe (CHI) 15%
    Jamison Olave (RSL) 14%
    O'Brian White (TOR) 31%
    Jeff Cunningham (DAL) 4%
    Fredy Montero (SEA) 26%
    Dwayne De Rosario (TOR)
    6%
    Atiba Harris (DAL) 3%
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hell?

OBW - 28%
    Monfucko - 33%
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OBW - 25%
    Montero - 42%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHO. FUCKING. CARES??

Seriouxly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, it's a good thing these things don't matter at all. So, as far as I can tell, this is what happened:

TFC stacked the vote as much as possible for our first year. Of course, since we set 2 different records for goalless streaks (to start a season, and overall) so we only ended up with a total of 3 wins over the season. None the less it was obvious that TFC fans were stacking the vote (and running bots).

DC fans (possibly in response to us) started running bots as well to ensure we didn't win, unfortunately they seemed to start doing that when TFC fans stopped, so it wasn't so much "fire against fire" as it was "TFC can't win anymore".

Seattle fans are now obviously running bots (the speed the vote changed is pretty obvious). I understand their enthusiasm (we had it as well) but since they actually score, they have now won 7 out of 25 weeks (almost a third). DC has won 5 weeks, so they have half of the weeks between them.

Anyway, the gist of it is, it's totally irrelevant. I wish people would just vote for the best goal instead of their own team goal, but that wish is as directed at TFC fans as it is any other. I just think that a compilation of the best goals would look a lot better if, you know, the goals were impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Haha, it's a good thing these things don't matter at all. So, as far as I can tell, this is what happened:

TFC stacked the vote as much as possible for our first year. Of course, since we set 2 different records for goalless streaks (to start a season, and overall) so we only ended up with a total of 3 wins over the season. None the less it was obvious that TFC fans were stacking the vote (and running bots).

DC fans (possibly in response to us) started running bots as well to ensure we didn't win, unfortunately they seemed to start doing that when TFC fans stopped, so it wasn't so much "fire against fire" as it was "TFC can't win anymore".

Seattle fans are now obviously running bots (the speed the vote changed is pretty obvious). I understand their enthusiasm (we had it as well) but since they actually score, they have now won 7 out of 25 weeks (almost a third). DC has won 5 weeks, so they have half of the weeks between them.

Anyway, the gist of it is, it's totally irrelevant. I wish people would just vote for the best goal instead of their own team goal, but that wish is as directed at TFC fans as it is any other. I just think that a compilation of the best goals would look a lot better if, you know, the goals were impressive.
    Agreed. I stopped voting altogether. I used to vote for the best goal, regardless of who they play for... but it's pointless when people have bots running to run up the votes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well I'm not running a bot... I'm doing it manually.. if obw dosen't win it'll be a small margin not 8%

I'm bored

ok when I posted this I had move OBW from 32% to 36% then the Seattle bots stepped up.. Montero had dipped to 38% from 39%

after 50 minutes of voting about 200-300 times a minute... (manually) it's now 35% to 39%... I just can't keep up with the seattle bots. Oh well, I didn't realize how totally meaningless GoW is. (I mean I voted something like 20,000 times today and only moved things 3%)
    Last edited by Kaz; 09-15-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    after 50 minutes of voting about 200-300 times a minute... (manually) it's now 35% to 39%...
    You're kidding, right? You really must be bored!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to say sorry guys. Your goal was probably better but our supporters are vociferous and this is the land of tech up here in Seattle. Lots of Microsoft nerds. You get the picture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Tac Sounder View Post
    Just wanted to say sorry guys. Your goal was probably better but our supporters are vociferous and this is the land of tech up here in Seattle. Lots of Microsoft nerds. You get the picture.
    We have nerds here too but give it a couple of years.
    Let the newbies have their fun.
    Next season the two new team's nerds will do the same.
    It will peter out after a season or two.
    Petor

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ..see now you are playing with fire! ..

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    We have nerds here too but give it a couple of years.
    Let the newbies have their fun.
    Next season the two new team's nerds will do the same.
    It will peter out after a season or two.
    Petor
    Lol, Do Philadelphia people even use computers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    You're kidding, right? You really must be bored!
    no no... I'm serious, just tapped the touchpad, for 50 minutes, while watching some tv.. I caused an error on the site where I'd start tapping and before the results came up I'd have hit it 100 times, and it open 100 firefox windows... it was a tad annoying.. yay net books

But I just can't keep up with the bots.. Think about it.. I voted 30,000 times today.. and it brought it up 3% seattle is now at 47% from 39% that is almost close to 100,000 votes more then everyone else at this point... it's a tad bit of a bot war going on..
    Last edited by Kaz; 09-15-2009 at 02:44 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's be fair, the Seattle crowd only reacted to you guys using bots:

From your friends at U-Sector.....
    http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector...pic=11734&st=0

SSK Posted: Sep 14 2009, 11:07 AM

The member formerly known as astObs

Group: Members
    Member No.: 130

Direct links for lazy people:

Dero:
    http://web.mlsnet.com/polls/scoreboa...11&submit=VOTE

ObiWan:
    http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/viewp...25&submit=VOTE

If you have Mac/Unix/Linux, open terminal type curl and one of the URLS inside double quotes, and press 'Return'. Repeat as many times as you like.
    Last edited by Sea Tac Sounder; 09-15-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Direct links for lazy people:

Dero:
    http://web.mlsnet.com/polls/scoreboa...11&submit=VOTE

ObiWan:
    http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/viewp...25&submit=VOTE

If you have Mac/Unix/Linux, open terminal type curl and one of the URLS inside double quotes, and press 'Return'. Repeat as many times as you like.
    But those aren't bots or scripts though. And we've heard your story before; DC uses scripts also because we alledgedly used them first. It's a pretty common accusation, no doubt around the league.

We also use to vote in mass droves in our first year for GOTW until we realized the vote can easily be fixed through unfair means. Therefore, most people here have stopped caring about winning it. From what I've seen and discussed with others, it's really just about making sure recognition goes out to a TFC player if he deserves/needs it. As a player, I'm sure it's nice to receive (particularly when the goal is actually the best of the week) and it boosts confidence, something important for a rookie like OBW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DO U GUYS NO HOW HARD IT IS TO DO WHAT OBW DID LOL
    i vote for obw evn though deros goal was nice 2

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    DO U GUYS NO HOW HARD IT IS TO DO WHAT OBW DID LOL
    i vote for obw evn though deros goal was nice 2
    The English language will cease to exist in twenty years...that's my prediction.

Oh and Rolfe should get GOTW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    The English language will cease to exist in twenty years...that's my prediction.
    LOL WOT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    Oh and Rolfe should get GOTW.
    uh oh. you mean you're voting with an actual opinion rather than blindly clicking on whatever TFC player catches your eye first?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    But those aren't bots or scripts though. And we've heard your story before; DC uses scripts also because we alledgedly used them first. It's a pretty common accusation, no doubt around the league.
    Where there is smoke there's fire. Maybe the reason you guys have that reputation is because it's I don't know? True?

Evidence:

The same guy who posted the above instructions on how to vote multiple times (something you can't do from MLSNet BTW) has now posted this offer to distribute the scripts he's been using since 11AM yesterday to anyone with a Mac:
    http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector...ic=11734&st=15
    Posted: Sep 15 2009, 03:05 PM

If anyone with a Mac wants to help out, post here, I'll send you instructions! (Because, um, one time, I did this for Colbert, and fucking Rain fans copied our technique. RAIN!!! /nerdstory)
    It's fine if you all want to cheat the system, just don't complain when others do it in response.

See you in the playoffs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice try.

He edited his posted in direct response to the fishy way Montero has shot up the standings in a matter of hours. I encouraged him to go for it (my post is on the second page) because it's beyond obvious that your guys are.

As for us having the "reputation", if that were true then how the fuck haven't we won a single GOTW so far this season? Use your puke green head before posting retarded allegations.

Quite frankly, GOTW voting is dumb and should be awarded by a panel, but if you're going to fight with fire, so are we.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where there is smoke there's fire. Maybe the reason you guys have that reputation is because it's I don't know? True?
    Unfortunately for you, that's a circular argument. Better luck next time Tic Tac.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh... that link is actually for Montero. I Hope that's an honest mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and if we were using bots or scripts then we'd oh I don't know be higher on the list..

just an thought the number of votes needed to achive the current numbers means the little columbian has had about 20 votes a second for the last 6 hours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think MLS has the order almost spot on. Rolfe’s goal is unquestionably the goal of the week. Factor in the level of difficulty, room for error, and perhaps most importantly, the success rate if given that same opportunity say 10 times, is without a doubt less likely of being a goal in relation to the others. I hope Rolfe get’s it – it’d only be fair.

My opinion in order of best goal to least:

1. Rolfe’s goal – “Exquisite” ball to foot coordination. No room for error. Without a shadow of a doubt the GOTW.

2. Olave’s goal – Good timing and coordination but lesser degrees of difficulty which makes it slightly less spectacular. More room for error.

3. White – Simple turn and flick. Lots of room for error in that a softer or harder finish could have still gone in. Good finish but hardly spectacular.

4. Harris’ goal – Great body control and direction with the head. A top-notch finish.

5. Cunningham’s goal – Similar to White’s in that there was really no great degree of skill shown. Just a nice finishing flick that was more a result of a good set up.

6. Montero’s goal – A good keeper makes that save. A blister of a shot but very stoppable. Nothing special at all, maybe just a testament to the level of keeping in MLS more than anything?!

7. Dero’s goal – Good turn and finish but hardly spectacular. Just a good goal.

*On a side note, I'm not a fan of the psychology played in putting the nominees in order of "best" to "not the best". Too many people get sucked into that game without realizing it and make inaccurate decisions (votes).
    Last edited by Blazer; 09-15-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evidence:

The same guy who posted the above instructions on how to vote multiple times (something you can't do from MLSNet BTW) has now posted this offer to distribute the scripts he's been using since 11AM yesterday to anyone with a Mac:
    http://z15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector...ic=11734&st=15

It's fine if you all want to cheat the system, just don't complain when others do it in response.

See you in the playoffs!
    Well, I have two sensible suggestions. One, fuck off. You're not a Toronto fan. Two, this isn't U-Sector, it's RPB, so suggesting "you" when you say cheat the system is somewhat misplaced.

Three, how about weighting it on what's obviously the best goal? It's hardly kosher to bitch that White is getting ilicit support when he's far and away the best goal of the bunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    I think MLS has the order almost spot on. Rolfe’s goal is unquestionably the goal of the week. Factor in the level of difficulty, room for error, and perhaps most importantly, the success rate if given that same opportunity say 10 times, is without a doubt less likely of being a goal in relation to the others. I hope Rolfe get’s it – it’d only be fair.

My opinion in order of best goal to least:

1. Rolfe’s goal – “Exquisite” ball to foot coordination. No room for error. Without a shadow of a doubt the GOTW.

2. Olave’s goal – Good timing and coordination but lesser degrees of difficulty which makes it slightly less spectacular. More room for error.

3. White – Simple turn and flick. Lots of room for error in that a softer or harder finish could have still gone in. Good finish but hardly spectacular.

4. Harris’ goal – Great body control and direction with the head. A top-notch finish.

5. Cunningham’s goal – Similar to White’s in that there was really no great degree of skill shown. Just a nice finishing flick that was more a result of a good set up.

6. Montero’s goal – A good keeper makes that save. A blister of a shot but very stoppable. Nothing special at all, maybe just a testament to the level of keeping in MLS more than anything?!

7. Dero’s goal – Good turn and finish but hardly spectacular. Just a good goal.

*On a side note, I'm not a fan of the psychology played in putting the nominees in order of "best" to "not the best". Too many people get sucked into that game without realizing it and make inaccurate decisions (votes).
    If you think Chris Rolfe's was harder than a backside turn on a defender and a looping flick into the back corner, I can't have any clue as to how you can think you know what you're talking about. Rolfe had a nice goal, OBW's finish was a 1%er, as in 99% of the time any player on Earth woudl miss that. We won't get many goals (and long bombs don't count) better than that this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

obw should win but he is behind 54-41 i just voted like 10 times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If you think Chris Rolfe's was harder than a backside turn on a defender and a looping flick into the back corner, I can't have any clue as to how you can think you know what you're talking about. Rolfe had a nice goal, OBW's finish was a 1%er, as in 99% of the time any player on Earth woudl miss that. We won't get many goals (and long bombs don't count) better than that this season.

White’s goal is nowhere near as difficult as Rolfe’s. You're being subjective. Receive a cross onto your chest, controlled down to your foot, and then masterfully volleyed off the outside of your foot with little to no room for error, all without the ball touching the grass is, in my opinion, far more challenging than receiving a perfect feed while catching a sleeping defender off guard then simply flicking the loose ball over a goalie into a wide open net.

A nice goal? Yes, but give both these guys 10 opportunities to score the exact same goal all over again and White’s goal is in the net twice as often – hands down.

Oh, and I can’t decipher what it is you’re trying to say in your post so I can’t accurately show you the light my friend. Re-post or sober up and we’ll chat.

Besides, White's goal we will see again very soon. Rolfe's goal was talent that not many guys in this league have.
    Last edited by Blazer; 09-15-2009 at 07:34 PM.