Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe the five-year plan wasn't referring to winning a championship, but to double the STH price?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season seats are still great value for the money and I'm in dark grey territory!

I will renew until I can no longer afford it or until I no longer feel that I am getting my money's worth - it's that simple. If the ticket prices no longer justify the entertainment value, I'll start watching matches in the pub. Until then I'll be at BMO for every home game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Blessington
    If the data is right (Supporters Section > > > Prawn Butties):
    2007 Season Ticket: $200>240>500>800>1060>1700
    2010 Season Ticket: $323>361>627>931>1273>1634
    Total Increase 3yrs: $123>120>127>131>213>-66
    Compound Increase: 17.3%>14.6%>7.8%>5.2%>6.3%>-1.3%
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMAN127 View Post
    Increase should be shown as a percentage of original cost not final:

Southend 123/200 = 61.5%

Light Grey 121/240 = 50%

Prawns -66/1700 = -4%
    Finally, some quality math!

My light-greys have increased 50% since year 1. That blows huge.
    2006-$240
    2007-$300
    2008-$325
    2009-$360

Now if we apply the same math to total points scored by TFC (assuming 30 games per season)...

2006-0/90 = 0%
    2007-25/90 = 28%
    2008-35/90 = 38%
    2009-45/90 = 50% ----- so we'd have to finish the regular season with 45 points to justify my ticket price increase.
    If only real life worked that way.
    Support Local Football.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got off the phone with my rep. We had a nice 'discussion'.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who won?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    who won?
    Draw after 90 minutes.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blessington View Post

I can 100% assure you guys..... the prawn seats are going up too.
    I'm in 223 which a 'red' seat, and my seats have gone up each year.

I believe the red numbers in your chart are the Club seats.
    the club seats have this *Additional Club Fee applies added to the cost,
    so I don't think they've actually gone down in cost.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blessington

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RedMAN127
    Increase should be shown as a percentage of original cost not final:

Southend 123/200 = 61.5%

Light Grey 121/240 = 50%

Prawns -66/1700 = -4%

Finally, some quality math!

My light-greys have increased 50% since year 1. That blows huge.
    2006-$240
    2007-$300
    2008-$325
    2009-$360

Now if we apply the same math to total points scored by TFC (assuming 30 games per season)...

2006-0/90 = 0%
    2007-25/90 = 28%
    2008-35/90 = 38%
    2009-45/90 = 50% ----- so we'd have to finish the regular season with 45 points to justify my ticket price increase.
    If only real life worked that way.
    I have a lower 2007 starting point because I got the "Early Bird" special in Dark Greys:
    2007: $720 (Early Bird - Reg. $800)
    2008: $855 (20.42% Increase from Early Bird Pricing)
    2009: $880 (2.92% Increase from 2008)
    2010: $937 (6.47% Increase from 2009)

31.97% Increase over 4 years or 7.99%/year average. Fack! I need a serious raise!

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    I can 100% assure you guys..... the prawn seats are going up too.
    I'm in 223 which a 'red' seat, and my seats have gone up each year.

I believe the red numbers in your chart are the Club seats.
    the club seats have this *Additional Club Fee applies added to the cost,
    so I don't think they've actually gone down in cost.

I'm guessing the renewal rate was lowest there last year, or because they tend to be corporate seats, they're holding the line to try not to scare away cost-cutting bean counters.

Just like EPL teams this year, if they find they've reached the pain threshold, lose some renewals, and have a hard time finding takers, they will drop prices. Reluctantly. But if they have to go deep into the waiting list to sell all the seasons, they'll know they misunderestimated what the market could bear.

Would it help if the FO gave us some rationale for the increase?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checked mine.

Sec 110, row 20 $361 x 2
    Sec 127, row 7 $361 X 2
    + $12 fee.
    $1456

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    My major issue is with the "premium ticket" vs regular ticket. I think it's BS. NY Red Bulls have never been a premium ticket IMO. Same with Galaxy.

Does anyone know what constitutes a premium ticket?? is it the fact that a team has a DP on thier squad??
    Population?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club seats are $1634 + $300 seat fee = $1934

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season, I had control or proxy for 12 seats.
    4 in 224; 4 in 124 and 4 in 123. All have increased for 2010.

My family sits in 124; me and my mates sit in 224 purely for the technical and tactical view and discussion.

I'm letting the 4 in 123 go. They are my corporate seats, and the decision is not based on just this season but last year as well, the ROI has not been justified.

More importantly, I for one very much appreciate what the south end brings to each match. They lead the way for the rest of us in the stadium. And if those supporters are priced out, well, ... when they leave, so does the atmosphere! And so goes the bloom...

FTR: we already do the BMO concession boycott in 2009; grossly overpriced food & drink. It will continue in 2010.
    Last edited by Sullivan; 09-20-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: clarity: I've already made arrangements with 4 individuals who will put these tix to good use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the result of the TFC in LA tonight will tip some people over the edge and they won't renew.

Fear not fustrated waitlist people, who will have the chance to become fustrated TFC season ticket holders this year.

Oh and please try ther prawns, MO swears by them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some people are surprised that ticket prices are going up after a year in which we budgeted for and then signed a multi-million dollar player?

This goes in the "careful what you wish for" category. Lots of positives. This is the negative.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan View Post
    This season, I had control or proxy for 12 seats.
    4 in 224; 4 in 124 and 4 in 123. All have increased for 2010.

My family sits in 124; me and my mates sit in 224 purely for the technical and tactical view and discussion.

I'm letting the 4 in 123 go. They are my corporate seats, and the decision is not based on just this season but last year as well, the ROI has not been justified.

More importantly, I for one very much appreciate what the south end brings to each match. They lead the way for the rest of us in the stadium. And if those supporters are priced out, well, ... when they leave, so does the atmosphere! And so goes the bloom...

FTR: we already do the BMO concession boycott in 2009; grossly overpriced food & drink. It will continue in 2010.

always good to hear the perspective of a seat holder with premium tickets.
    A lot of the complaining comes from people with a $600 account for 2 seats,
    and it's important to hear from the people on the other end of the scale.

personally, I have two seats that I'm relocating this year, and depending on where they end up, I might sell off my killer 223 seats (front row) for the season. I'd never give them up for good, but it might be worth doing a little repositioning to get my perspective back.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Some people are surprised that ticket prices are going up after a year in which we budgeted for and then signed a multi-million dollar player?

This goes in the "careful what you wish for" category. Lots of positives. This is the negative.
    I don't think anyone is surprised that there is an increase.

Its the RATE of the the increase that's shocking.

We have also lost a game from the package, which is a point that seems to be lost on all the defenders of this increase.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I don't think anyone is surprised that there is an increase.

Its the RATE of the the increase that's shocking.

We have also lost a game from the package, which is a point that seems to be lost on all the defenders of this increase.
    Note that I'm not defending the increase. I think they are going to price out those that create the "atmosphere" that they sell. I also think that a "star driven" marketing plan is the complete wrong direction for this league and this team.

What I am saying is that if your payroll almost doubles (2.3M to over 4M) in one year, it's not that shocking to see ticket prices increasing at the RATE they are to fund that. How did people expect them to pay for De Guzman when they draw under 100,000 fans on TV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I am saying is that if your payroll almost doubles (2.3M to over 4M) in one year, it's not that shocking to see ticket prices increasing at the RATE they are to fund that. How did people expect them to pay for De Guzman when they draw under 100,000 fans on TV?
    The revenue from making it the Champions League group stage and a couple of home playoff games would make that increase in salary look insignificant.

All we need is competent management to get us the players and the tactics required to get there.

No need to stick it to the supporters.........stick it to the management that failed to win the Voyaguers Cup last year and failed to get us past Puerto Rico this year.

Three home games in the Champions League this year would have generated close to an estimated $3 million in ticket revenue.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    The revenue from making it the Champions League group stage and a couple of home playoff games would make that increase in salary look insignificant.

All we need is competent management to get us the players and the tactics required to get there.

No need to stick it to the supporters.........stick it to the management that failed to win the Voyaguers Cup last year and failed to get us past Puerto Rico this year.

Three home games in the Champions League this year would have generated close to an estimated $3 million in ticket revenue.
    True but let me ask this. If you get a bonus or salary plus commission, is it sound financial advice to spend the money now and plan to pay for it with the bonus?

Or do you spend within your current means and pay your debt with your current income?

Playoff dates and Champions League dates are not guaranteed. Therefore, management built a business model that paid for their expenses out of their current revenue stream.

I'm not thrilled at the idea of paying more for my tickets next year (and the year after that). At the same time, this isn't a surprise. If you want De Guzman, you have to pay.

Same goes for all of those clamouring over each other to propose raising the salary cap. There is no magical wallet for this business to dip into. It will come out of our pockets.

Careful what you wish for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    yep. good point.

I'm thinking that bmo-beer is off the menu for me.
    I stopped paying outrageous prices for beer at BMO about a season and a half ago. I didn't expect my little protest to make a difference but it makes me feel good. What with the Real Madrid debacle, the terrible state of affairs on the pitch, and the fact Mo Johnston still has a job with us, the time is coming when we need to stand up and demand better. Like others here, I've been saying it for a long time but I will continue to do so until MLSE starts to respect the fans and not continually take us for granted. How much is loyalty worth again? $15?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved the Madrid game, I know it was a cash grab but I absolutely loved that game...

But yeah, I agree that the 15$ "loyalty bonus" is a slap in the face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dag View Post
    Looking at my invoice (Section 110 - dark gray), I'm contemplating the cost of renewal: $943. One thing I don't like is that by renewing, I will automatically be billed for playoff tickets. I won't be in the country!

Many here are complaining, with sound reason, the increased cost of their tickets. I won't renew tonight; I'm going to think about it. But I probably will renew, as, I suspect, will most participants in this thread.
    haha! trust me, your money is safe. those games ain't taking place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I renewed my season ticket today by calling my ticket agent and asking that I be removed from automatically purchasing the playoff ticket(s). She said that wasn't a problem. <Wink>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True but let me ask this. If you get a bonus or salary plus commission, is it sound financial advice to spend the money now and plan to pay for it with the bonus?

Or do you spend within your current means and pay your debt with your current income?

Playoff dates and Champions League dates are not guaranteed. Therefore, management built a business model that paid for their expenses out of their current revenue stream.

I'm not thrilled at the idea of paying more for my tickets next year (and the year after that). At the same time, this isn't a surprise. If you want De Guzman, you have to pay.

Same goes for all of those clamouring over each other to propose raising the salary cap. There is no magical wallet for this business to dip into. It will come out of our pockets.

Careful what you wish for.
    I've already paid for de Guzman.

The current revenue streams far exceed expenses. If MLSEL wants to make that info public and prove me wrong........please feel free to do so. If the salary cap goes up next year, are KC, Dallas, New York, Chicago, Columbus etc going to raise ticket prices by 60%? Did New York raise prices when they brought in Angel? DC with Emilio? Columbus with Schellotto?

This is a fucking smoke screen excuse to justify the price increase. MLS pays the league salaries.........if the salary cap really does go up to $4 million per team next year and the rest of the league doesn't massively increase ticket prices, then something doesn't add up.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE raising ticket prices due to JDG and grass is bull, they make revenue off the leafs if anybody doesnt remember. The franchising fee for seats alone is almost 10,000 and the NHL is salary capped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The quality of play, and the league itself, is most certainly not worth my $700 per season. However, that being said, it's the best we have out here in the Wild West of football, and it is only going to get better, so I try to be patient, and at the same time I focus on the fact that I do have a blast on game day with my friends - and I enjoy being part of creating the best atmosphere in the MLS. So yes, I'll renew. No doubt about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is interesting. Ther San Jose Earthquakes are LOWERING their season ticket prices by 33%. Indicating that it's the right thing to do in tough economisc times.

This is the first I've heard of any team doing that. They average about 10,000/game
    (i thought it was less) and have plans for that new stadium.

Good for them and F**k you again ML$E.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    I've already paid for de Guzman.

The current revenue streams far exceed expenses. If MLSEL wants to make that info public and prove me wrong........please feel free to do so. If the salary cap goes up next year, are KC, Dallas, New York, Chicago, Columbus etc going to raise ticket prices by 60%? Did New York raise prices when they brought in Angel? DC with Emilio? Columbus with Schellotto?

This is a fucking smoke screen excuse to justify the price increase. MLS pays the league salaries.........if the salary cap really does go up to $4 million per team next year and the rest of the league doesn't massively increase ticket prices, then something doesn't add up.........
    Couple of points. The only picture we have of revenue stream is from 2007 and Forbes Magazine. They published data that showed Toronto had an operating profit of $2.1M.

Regardless of the accuracy of that number, there is a simple equation.

Before DeGuzman, the expenses on salaries were somewhere around $2.3M. With him, over $4M.

This additional expense eats into operating profit. The ONLY way to offset a jump in expenses that is to increase revenue.

To say that MLSE is rich and that their other teams should subsidize TFC is simply (and I say this respectfully) niave. Each group within MLSE operates as a separate entity and are expected to contribute to overall profits.

If Burke delivers profit against his budget, why should he give it up to TFC? He is bonused on what he delivers. If the Condo group delivers on their targets, they are bonused on performance as well. To give that up is not the way business operates.

TFC has a budget and a mandate to deliver on targets. Those targets might not include huge goals for operating profit but they are expected to operate within certain parameters. One of those being operating profits.

To suggest that they went into the season with a plan to spend money on DP (as they did) without thinking about how they would offset that new expense is simply niave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that more than a few people will not renew their seats.
    I will renew my pair going in with a friend in the south as he will not renew his pair in 121. I'm sure a bunch of people got hit by the recession