Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I don't want to completely discount the importance of the BMO atmosphere, but I think its been overrated in terms of people not showing up for games if the south end is quiet/empty.

Keep in mind that over 10,000 season tickets were sold before the first game was even played. The draw is football first, atmosphere second.
    what keeps interest up is the atmosphere. look at those shitty "This is our House" BMO commercials. It's all actors dressed up how they think fans look. I don't think they show a player or even a ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FIGHT!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark67 View Post
    what keeps interest up is the atmosphere. look at those shitty "This is our House" BMO commercials. It's all actors dressed up how they think fans look. I don't think they show a player or even a ball.
    SO FUCKING TRUE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark67 View Post
    The atmosphere is important, I'm just saying that its not the main reason people go to BMO. To assume that people fork over a thousand bucks a year just to see people stand and chant is ridiculous.

PS - Poz and Brennan were also featured in one of those commercials.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The atmosphere is important, I'm just saying that its not the main reason people go to BMO. To assume that people fork over a thousand bucks a year just to see people stand and chant is ridiculous.

the last game I went to I was sitting next to people that asked me who #14 was. and they were season's ticket holders. think that jaded me a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they go for the atmosphere, they even say it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteeltownBhoy View Post
    Barmy

Is that Mouth of the South??? (avatar)
    The one and only!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What truly needs to happen is that MLS should just let the owners "own" the teams. That way they can get some real revenue and be really creative with their merchandising. They gouge us because it is one of the only revenue streams they have total control of. If individual teams kept 100% of their merch. sales and were allowed to control what merch they made don't you think TFC would be raking in the cash. They could also get rid of the DP rule and just spend whatever money they could. The returns on signing a player of note and selling their jersies and merch are pretty good. I think the single entity thing is going to have to go sooner or later but it will take the owners to force that and by then we will be gouged into strips and ribbons.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First thing is first. What can we (seasons ticket holders) do right now? Call your ticket rep and make your displeasure heard. Don't just sign on the dotted line and go unheard.

This is an issue that is not going to be fixed by a banner or a quick protest. Its somthing that needs to be co-ordinated over a campaign in order to have any real effect on MLSE.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    First thing is first. What can we (seasons ticket holders) do right now? Call your ticket rep and make your displeasure heard. Don't just sign on the dotted line and go unheard.

This is an issue that is not going to be fixed by a banner or a quick protest. Its somthing that needs to be co-ordinated over a campaign in order to have any real effect on MLSE.
    Well I plan to do the following:

1. Email my rep
    2. Pay on the last day, using the payment plan
    3. Not spend a single cent at BMO Field on food/beer/merchandise. The only time I might buy new TFC merchandise is when they have a firesale at National Sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some ideas:

Can we get a professional thread similiar to one DOMIN8R posted for grass stating our position on this so that those who want to make a difference can do it in a united fashion?

1. Make sure to voice your displeasure to your ticket rep. If you support the team, you need to say something whether you can afford the increase or not. Everyone needs to understand the 20%+ annual price increase trend is a bad precedent and this is a pandoras box issue. Once people stop renewing and apathy sets in, it will be too late to get back what we had.

2. Supporters need to present front office with our official idea of what a fair increase is for 2011 based on how our game day costs (not just tickets) compared to other teams in the MLS. This way, they at least know we have a position on this rather than just whining on the internet.

It should be crystal clear to everyone that the atmosphere we create is an important selling feature to MLSE. Its clear from their marketing they use to get renewals. So do we control the atmosphere or not? The answer is YES we do. MLSE can't buy what we produce. No amount of smoke, cheerleaders, thunder sticks, piped in music or whatever the fuck else they could come up with will ever replace us.

No matter how disjointed or casual some say we are, we have real power to make changes.
    Last edited by Hustle; 09-17-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also sending e-mails all at the same time will shut down their servers and if anyone knows any email addys for anyone in ML$E or even MLS maybe we could get a bit more notice. Then...do the same thing the next day.(originally Kdot's idea)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, only a paper letter through the old fashioned mail has significant impact. I have no idea why, but from personal experience, a letter always generates more response than an email.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    See Barmy believes in the Supporters group as a well you know ...group. He feels that an SG claiming to be a legitimate SG should handle itself as such.

I have to agree with him though. Someone gets assaulted, no one says shit, someone else lights up a cigarette and we have RPBs calling security and telling other supporters that they don't belong in 112.

But like Roogs said, this is about ticket prices. Something we will never have any control over so lets discuss it!

I for one am HAPPY the ticket prices are going up. Being a self made millionaire I have a lot of disposable income and a small increase in price will not deter me from watching 87 minutes of football on any given saturday (or possible Wednesday) Thats right. 87 minutes. I like to leave early to avoid traffic.
    I see where you're coming from. Yeah, its a good point, but do we have numbers on our side spanning all of the major groups?

I mean, if we're going to talk about what we should be doing, what sorta options do you think we should be looking at? Some people are offering up ideas of their own so let's start brainstorming.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onemanbarmyarmy View Post
    Also sending e-mails all at the same time will shut down their servers and if anyone knows any email addys for anyone in ML$E or even MLS maybe we could get a bit more notice. Then...do the same thing the next day.(originally Kdot's idea)
    Unless you are sending 50,000 per hour, every hour, every day, you won't be slowing anything down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 905shmick View Post
    Unless you are sending 50,000 per hour, every hour, every day, you won't be slowing anything down.
    Yes, you would have to spam-attack a server to slow it down, or shut it down entirely, and that of course would be criminal - and not likely to provoke a constructive response from MLSE other than a police report.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Yes, you would have to spam-attack a server to slow it down, or shut it down entirely, and that of course would be criminal - and not likely to provoke a constructive response from MLSE other than a police report.
    you can't do email bombs anymore?!?
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone was also talking about not paying till the last day. That sounds like a good tactic but make sure PB doesn't get wind or it will all be for not. Someone should also get in touch with whomever they can in one of the many media outlets and maybe even send out a form letter to them all suggesting ssh's concerns over the price increase. I feel that there has to be an outcry from more than the SG's (Social Groups) as the majority of people in the stadium (16000-17000) are not on these boards (possibly living a real life).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

let's look at the facts..

MLSE don't care!!!

Why waste all your time arguing here and getting no-where.
    if 15,000 people gave up there seats, 15000 would move in and then there is a whole new group of people to rape of there money that were happy to get in for the rates that people are walking away from.

People are arguing with other people over speculation and other bullshit.

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All you do is send a shitload of e mails to the execs personal addresses. Not the general mailbox, just a handful of higher ups. Blow up their blackberries. That's a start. Blow up Robert Peddie's fucking BBerry with constructive hate mail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post

Man you guys crying over the price hike in the south stand make me laugh, that is still a bargain as are the light grays. I find it unbelievable that their is a 21 page thread on this and people talking about what they should do to make sure the front office understands that $361 is not acceptable for a season ticket yet no one seems to bat an eye lid when the MLSE are charging other fans exactly the same price for the marlies package. I appreciate that many of you are season ticket holders but as a supporters group I think the majority of people who certainly post here don't give a damn about non season ticket holders and that is a travesty as they are 'supporters' also. Your own fellow 'supporters' are getting taken to the cleaners and you guys are throwing all the toys out of the pram for a small price hike in seasons, it is beyond belief?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post
    All you do is send a shitload of e mails to the execs personal addresses.
    LOL. I guess you just happen to have a list of all these addresses?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontocelt View Post
    Man you guys crying over the price hike in the south stand make me laugh, that is still a bargain as are the light grays. I find it unbelievable that their is a 21 page thread on this and people talking about what they should do to make sure the front office understands that $361 is not acceptable for a season ticket yet no one seems to bat an eye lid when the MLSE are charging other fans exactly the same price for the marlies package. I appreciate that many of you are season ticket holders but as a supporters group I think the majority of people who certainly post here don't give a damn about non season ticket holders and that is a travesty as they are 'supporters' also. Your own fellow 'supporters' are getting taken to the cleaners and you guys are throwing all the toys out of the pram for a small price hike in seasons, it is beyond belief?
    OH SHIT!! Mr. Buffett I didn't know you perused these boards!

This has been happening EVERY YEAR! They're already $100 more expensive than year 1. Thats a 30% increase in 3 years.

Sory if we're not all captains of industry like yourself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    LOL. I guess you just happen to have a list of all these addresses?

who says I dont

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the data is right (Supporters Section > > > Prawn Butties):
    2007 Season Ticket: $200>240>500>800>1060>1700
    2010 Season Ticket: $323>361>627>931>1273>1634
    Total Increase 3yrs: $123>120>127>131>213>-66
    Compound Increase: 17.3%>14.6%>7.8%>5.2%>6.3%>-1.3%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blessington View Post
    If the data is right (Supporters Section > > > Prawn Butties):
    2007 Season Ticket: $200>240>500>800>1060>1700
    2010 Season Ticket: $323>361>627>931>1273>1634
    Total Increase 3yrs: $123>120>127>131>213>-66
    Compound Increase: 17.3%>14.6%>7.8%>5.2%>6.3%>-1.3%
    Increase should be shown as a percentage of original cost not final:

Southend 123/200 = 61.5%

Light Grey 121/240 = 50%

Prawns -66/1700 = -4%

Though one could argue the price is still reasonable, and I renewed my 5, the rate of increase is mind boggling for any other product I can think of, Seats will double by year 5.

Not sure what to do, but think notifying the FO that these rates of increase are not reasonable or sustainable if the current atmosphere is to be maintained would be reasonable and worthwhile if co-ordinated, in a positive manner.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. When I bought my yellows for $100, I never assumed that is what it was going to be going forward. I always assumed it was a one-shot deal.

And since you could only get yellows at that price if you picked up greys or reds, that means anyone who JUST picked up yellows never got that deal.

Therefore it is only fair when making this analysis that you use the $200 figure as opposed to the $100 figure. That was an exception and I think we all knew it. If you didn't, it was really putting your head in the sand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I disagree. When I bought my yellows for $100, I never assumed that is what it was going to be going forward. I always assumed it was a one-shot deal.

And since you could only get yellows at that price if you picked up greys or reds, that means anyone who JUST picked up yellows never got that deal.

Therefore it is only fair when making this analysis that you use the $200 figure as opposed to the $100 figure. That was an exception and I think we all knew it. If you didn't, it was really putting your head in the sand.
    ^ I used 200 not 100 as a starting price, 323-200 = 123 123/200= 61%

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Ah...sorry I misunderstood.

61% increase...I don't care how cheap you think the tickets still are, that increase should make ANYONE raise in eyebrow. Has anyone other team in Toronto had an increase like that in recent memory?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My major issue is with the "premium ticket" vs regular ticket. I think it's BS. NY Red Bulls have never been a premium ticket IMO. Same with Galaxy.

Does anyone know what constitutes a premium ticket?? is it the fact that a team has a DP on thier squad??