0 Thread(s)

i guess!!

just keep jacking it up!!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    thanks, that's good to know. did they say if they are doing the same as this year and having packages that are just tfc games, or is it only marlie packages that are going to be offered?
    sorry I didn't ask.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPBLondon View Post
    i guess!!

just keep jacking it up!!!!
    Not condoning it, but this is now the 3rd season we've had a $12 service charge tacked on to our accounts.

There was no service charge in season 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    If you're on the waiting list right now - don't worry. In 5 years TFC will be in the same position the Raptors are in. They will price squeeze their original fans until they leave, then will spend millions trying to get them back. You'll be able to get a ST no problem.
    Sorry for the hi-jack, but the Raptors have pissed me off royally in the last week.

My uncle, a SSH since Day 1 (1995), who was also forced to pay a seat license fee AND purchase ALL games to the World B-ball championship games just to get a chance to buy season's seats, passed away this May from cancer.

When my cousin went to have the seat licenses transferred to my Aunt (not a non-family member, or scalper) it was no problem at all.....except for the $500 "transfer fee" that would have to be paid.

I wonderful gesture I thought, to a young fan who just lost his father. Idiots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i remember getting charged that fee now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    I apologize if this was mentioned, but for those renewing in the south end, the increase is actually 22% when you factor in that they have taken a game away from us.
    yep, 17/14 = 122%

light grey, 19/16 = 118%

in fairness, last post I say from PB he said $17 per game ... PB you are seeting yourself up for failure by creating unreasonable expectations for revenue growth, these increases may be begin to backfire if maintained in future years ... would the NorthStand not meet current year expectations for revenue growth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not condoning it, but this is now the 3rd season we've had a $12 service charge tacked on to our accounts.

There was no service charge in season 1.
    I swallow the $12 with a smile, because most people are paying close to that per ticket for those ticketmeiser fees ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark67 View Post
    That's right AL-MO! but you looked good!!!

For those on the waiting list

spoke to the ticket office yesterday. renewals are first then they go onto the waiting list, no news there. if you get an offer it'll be mid to late October or early November. Those that don't get a seasons ticket offer will be given the chance to buy a package, while supplies last, and get on a preferred list for 2011.
    Yep, that's right my ugly mug is in there.

MLSE - EXPLOITING THE PASSION OF ITS SUPPORTERS SINCE 2008

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ More like killing the atmosphere since 2008.

It seems like everything they do is a big to supporters which they will eventually alienate and the real fans of the team and sport will go away replaced with what I guess they always really wanted...lame corporate "event" attendees. Their Leaf "bread and butter".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Yep, that's right my ugly mug is in there.

MLSE - EXPLOITING THE PASSION OF ITS SUPPORTERS SINCE 2008

too bad the fans don't own the team. that's how shit should be run.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

It seems like everything they do is a big to supporters which they will eventually alienate and the real fans of the team and sport will go away replaced with what I guess they always really wanted...lame corporate "event" attendees. Their Leaf "bread and butter".
    I am not going down without a fight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that would work with football. aren't the numbers of people that watch on TV shite?
    if they alienate the real fans the game will die in the city... again. might take a few years but it'll happen. IMO anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    not happy. not happy at all. (and not about the prices)
    interesting. why?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is exactly what is happening. The brand is being built of the supporters backs who are creating the atmosphere. Once that brand can stand on it's own, they'll price most of those folks out.

The only true way to combat that IMHO is to take away the atmosphere and give MLSE a taste of what game day will be like with no hardcore support.

Of course this will never happen because people are there to support the team, but the truth is, the support will die anyway if this keeps up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that would work with football. aren't the numbers of people that watch on TV shite?
    if they alienate the real fans the game will die in the city... again. might take a few years but it'll happen. IMO anyway.
    They are already alienating the fans. They are alienating the supporters section with huge increases in price.

They are alienating people like me and several hundred others in my section (outside the supporters section) by turning our section into a morgue.

They are alienating the fans of the teams they are brining in for friendlies - and trying to win over by stifling there ability to support their team.

You are right though, the game will die in this city without the atmosphere.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    This is exactly what is happening. The brand is being built of the supporters backs who are creating the atmosphere. Once that brand can stand on it's own, they'll price most of those folks out.

The only true way to combat that IMHO is to take away the atmosphere and give MLSE a taste of what game day will be like with no hardcore support.

Of course this will never happen because people are there to support the team, but the truth is, the support will die anyway if this keeps up.
    Agreed 100%.

Like I said in another post elsewhere...sports organizations are GREAT at maximizing short-term profits. But they do so while pushing the envelope of killing their own product long-term.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have had the good fortune of having the NHL protect them for a long time from any kind of accountability since there is no other big league hockey team in Southern Ontario. I hope Balsillie wins and shows MLSE what happens when they have no choice but to actually have to work at keeping the fans of the franchise happy as opposed to having them fall in your lap regardless of how inept you are.

It seems TFC have picked up the bad habits of their big brothers at Leaf-land. Except TFC have no such safety net. If they kill this product, fans will stay away. This ain't no EPL and even the most die-hard of supporters knows it. Give us a reason to leave and we will happily go back to watching beautiful football from Europe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    They are already alienating the fans. They are alienating the supporters section with huge increases in price.

They are alienating people like me and several hundred others in my section (outside the supporters section) by turning our section into a morgue.

They are alienating the fans of the teams they are brining in for friendlies - and trying to win over by stifling there ability to support their team.

You are right though, the game will die in this city without the atmosphere.
    For sure.

No doubt in my mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so how do we buy the team? if it can work in Spain and England why not here?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so how do we buy the team? if it can work in Spain and England why not here?
    Why not just get in on a CSL club (to start)

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...748#post706748

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine are $373.00

$40 increase from last year

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedMAN127 View Post
    yep, 17/14 = 122%

light grey, 19/16 = 118%

in fairness, last post I say from PB he said $17 per game ... PB you are seeting yourself up for failure by creating unreasonable expectations for revenue growth, these increases may be begin to backfire if maintained in future years ... would the NorthStand not meet current year expectations for revenue growth?
    But the $17 is based on 19 games. someone else was saying it looks like there's only 18 games. Can anyone clarify this? Is Mlse asking us to give them lots more money without even confirming what it is we're paying for?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$12 service charge?
    is the $12 extra charged per person or per seat (ie, potentially $48 if you've got 4 seats?)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember that Paul B. was first an executive with the Raptors.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between the ineptitude of the CSA and the greediness of MLSE, all the hope and aspirations I had in season 1 have gone away. This isn't something that I started feeling with this announcement about seasons ticket prices...but it is another piece of evidence that my feelings of disappointment are well founded.

Soccer in this country has little hope for success with it's future in the hands of these people. We need people with vision like Drew Carey in Seattle. There is only one vision at the CSA, protect your own ass. And we all know what the vision at MLSE is:

$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's 12$ per person, not per seat.
    Last edited by alex andrew; 09-16-2009 at 10:47 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    But the $17 is based on 19 games. someone else was saying it looks like there's only 18 games. Can anyone clarify this? Is Mlse asking us to give them lots more money without even confirming what it is we're paying for?
    2009: $280 for 19 games = $14.74

2010: $323 for 18 games = $17.94

It still works out to a 22% increase.

olegunnar

I can't believe I'm going to defend ML$E

At some point we need to look in the mirror and make some tough decisions.

It's not like they say...hey lets charge...and then pull a number out of a hat. The decisions are based on how much they can charge while keeping the place as full as possible.

That's on us....on us for renewing in spite of stupid increases and a terrible on field product. If the possibility were there that they'd price us out...they wouldn't put the prices up this much.

But year after year...after a day or so on internet whining...we pay. This year even people paid $300 bucks a ticket to see an exhibition game. People buy $150 jerseys. People not only pay through the nose to go watch crappy soccer, but they then pay $13 bucks a beer.

So yeah the prices increases are shitty...but it's like the super 7 commercials...they do it...Because they can!!

At the point in time when they can't...they'll stop...whether they can or can't...is up to us as we control our own spending.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    ...is up to us as we control our own spending.
    yep. good point.

I'm thinking that bmo-beer is off the menu for me.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\