Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC vs. Rapids - Postgame Thread

Goals from DeRo, OBW, and Attakora were enough to keep our postseason dreams alive.

Good offensive showing, but Garcia HAS to go and Wynne should never be a part of our backline. Ever. They gave up 2 goals that should've never been allowed.

So many defensive lapses with this team. It frustrates me.

Nonetheless in our first game without Dichio on our roster we've got 3 much needed points.

Final score at BMO Field: Toronto FC 3 Colorado Rapids 2

Discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's more fucking like it. In fact, if Nick Garcia had dropped dead of a heart attack before the game started, it might've been 3-0.

Fuck, that's cruel even for me. But hey, he sucked donkey balls. Let's be honest here.

OB looks like the real deal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a GOOD veteran, with the authority to command our backline. Garcia isn't that player.

Every scoring chance we give up, is caused by two or more guys standing around, waiting for someone else to do something. No one takes command. They don't communicate well with Frei either.

You can see it. It's just a lack of any communication.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerba + O.B. White HAVE to be our starting attackers next game

have to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the hell did DeVos have to retire so early?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett, Gerba, Obie, DeRo - pretty much all of our attacking players looked pretty good today. Obie's goal was indeed a peach.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    Gerba + O.B. White HAVE to be our starting attackers next game

have to...
    Agreed.
    Our defence is PATHETIC.
    Garcia........give me strength.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Shakes don't you know DeRo is selfish and we should trade him at season's end because he didn't score during our road trip?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    because he wanted to annoy us all with his non-stop talking!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today proved that DeRo is unbelievable. Kudos to Frei, nana and Barrett who had strong games as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    But Shakes don't you know DeRo is selfish and we should trade him at season's end because he didn't score during our road trip?
    I can't wait for Mighty's insight into this game.

- Scott

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good: O'Brian White, you beauty!
    Bad: Conor Casey, we let him have space.
    Ugly: The defence, what can we say?

Good: Offense firing, three goals after 300 minutes with none.
    Bad: No starting striker on the scoresheet, close ain't gonna cut it.
    Ugly: Nick LaBrocca. Classless, dude.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I can't wait for Mighty's insight into this game.

- Scott
    Or Giambac's.
    (I think?)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC game story in 6 words:

Very good attacking , utter shit defense .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garcia didn't do well at the two Rapids goals and I can tell that all the blame is going to land at his feet. But the problems with our defence run a hell of lot deeper than just Garcia.

First goal, what he hell Wynne was thinking was beyond me. He could see the cross coming, could see Casey yet chose to just back off and not even challenge.

Second goal, yeah it was a bizzare attempt at throwing himself at the ball that went completely wrong. But not one other player in our defence made any attempt to get to the ball, everybody just stood around ball watching.

As Shakes said, we desperately need a experienced central defender who knows what he's doing, can control our defence and who the younger guys like Nana and Gomez can learn from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm happy we won but unhappy how we played. Frei was very poor on both goals against. Not to mention the defenders did a horrible job on the goals against as well. DeRo's first half performances was very poor, however he did play much better in the second half. I'm happy about Gerba and white. We do not need another top class striker. Our defense is very poor and that's what we should focus on right now.

If we want to make it to the playoffs we're going to have to play better. Kudos to the team for accomplashing today's goal but the players always have to make sure they know the importance of every move they make in the back of their heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although Frei made a huge leg save in the second half he seemed caught off for both Colorado goals.

Another great game by Attakora - no celebrating after his goal, just tears of joy.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LesH View Post
    TFC game story in 6 words:

Very good attacking , utter shit defense .
    The story of our lives...
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    Or Giambac's.
    Haven't seen him in a while.

The worst on either this board or Big Soccer has to be smenge...who was banned for life here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colorado didn't show up to play, I think we should have done a lot better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was plesantly surprising to see Fellinga doing good things with the few touches he had.
    O'Brian White will be our leading scorer next year regardless of who else we may bring in. Bank on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In summary ...

... very fortunate to get the 3 points ... we looked lifeless for large chunks of the game.

Not cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good game the canucks played well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the first time in a while we looked good going forward.

But, once again, EVERY time the opposition went forward they looked likely to score. Why hasn't something been done to sort this out ?
    Leagues are won by teams that conceded the fewest goals.
    The sooner the coaching staff and Johnston realise that the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today's offense was very refreshing. DeRo's goal was very well taken, White's goal was just superb, something that I didn't other TFC strikers couldn't do given a 100 years, and Attakora was straightforward but coming off a set piece, which was nice to see for a change.

The two goals we gave up today were just brutal - they never should have been allowed to happen. Someone else said it, it's like everybody is waiting around for someone else to get the job done.

Further, I don't really want to see Garcia back next year, especially not for 190K. Too slow, not good enough vertically, gets outmuscled too easily. He may be touted as a good communicator but I really didn't see it today. And even if he were, there's too many other things wrong with him. And it's not going to get any better now that he's wearing the #4 shirt.

Wynne is also much more useful in the midfield freed of defensive responsibilities. I've said it before, I've said it today and I'll say it again - and people will probably get sick of me for saying it, but there it is; we know it's true.

Other than that, really happy to get the 3 points today. Now for some scoreboard watching later tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

You know what, during the game, I was thinking the same thing. He would look good on our backline. Any chance Mo convinces him for next year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeVos should come out of retirement....'cause he's a shit announcer.

Just realized we got 3 Canadians scoring today. Well done for uh...you guys in Canada!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For every mistake Garcia made, he made up for it twofold. Yeah he's not the best defender but, as everyone here probably knows, I'm a firm believer that we're better with Garcia.

Don't ask to get rid of players unless we have a suitable replacement. It doesn't make sense to me.

Also, best of luck to Danny Dichio in your coaching career. And also, good luck to De Guzman, we need you more then ever now, as we push for playoffs.

Fuck yeah TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    It was plesantly surprising to see Fellinga doing good things with the few touches he had.
    O'Brian White will be our leading scorer next year regardless of who else we may bring in. Bank on it.
    On these topics, I've been eager to see Fellinga in action. He's got some good pedigree and I've been wanting him to start at LB so we can get Jimmy into the midfield where he's much more effective, particularly by putting in some good crosses. That didn't happen today, but he had some good touches and some good moves.

I knew about the fantastic job White did in college but I was wary of the hype that people seem to put on him, even more so after he scored his first goal. But after today's goal, if this is what he brings to the table, then I'm starting to buy the hype and next season, with a full pre-season with Windie, he should be very exciting. So on this topic, I'm glad to have been wrong. I won't say he'll score 10 goals next year, but it's encouraging to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    For every mistake Garcia made, he made up for it twofold. Yeah he's not the best defender but, as everyone here probably knows, I'm a firm believer that we're better with Garcia.

Don't ask to get rid of players unless we have a suitable replacement. It doesn't make sense to me.

Also, best of luck to Danny Dichio in your coaching career. And also, good luck to De Guzman, we need you more then ever now, as we push for playoffs.

Fuck yeah TFC
    Yeah, I thought Garcia did pretty well today too against the best strike force in MLS. That first goal was so obviously Frei's ball that it seemed to confuse Garcia and Wynne when he didn't come. I don't think Garcia is the next coming of Rio Ferdinand or anything, but he won a lot of balls and played some clever offsides. I'd like to see him back next year, if not as a starter.

If we are going to slag somebody, what about Vitti? That guy has been useless for 95% of the games, and was again today.