Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Cunny was the only player playing tonight....the defence was a shambles,
    jim Brennan was useless as always...trade him asap...F**k what a night.
    Agreed the back four were horrid but we don't see eye to eye on your Cunny statement, for me he was fucking useless, he can stick his goal up his arse unless he can put away the ones he's supposed to put away. Absolute fucking disgrace going down in the box like he did, should have stayed on hsi feet and taken the chance.

However I have a freshly poured Guinness in hand so I'm beginning to calm down and focus on other things....like the fact that there are only three more in the fridge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I remember this team from last year!

Ok, we've had our one bad game for the season. Time to give you heads a shake lads and move on.

Also...Cunny gets kicked in the face, and there's no call, but Dichio gets a shit call? WTH? It's just like last year...

One more thing:

I gotta say the turn out at Shoeless tonight was crap. It's no problem making a mid-weak home game, but not a Sunday night away game? There's been a lot mentioned lately about people joining this group because it's "trendy", and that it's becoming a "fan club", but those accusing, among others, can't even make the trek down to our home pub to support our lads away? Sure, it's a Sunday, and we all have to work tomorrow, but seriously, if you're gonna bitch, then do nothing about it, should you really be bitching in the first place?

I've most likely offended people with the above statement, but I stand by it. I'm not trying to start an argument, so feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss it further.
    Last edited by Mrs. Workie; 06-08-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another away game and another loss. This is predictable and beyond pathetic. And I didn't even get to see the game tonight, which pisses me off more than the loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you mean the Brennan that put an absolutely perfect cross right onto Cunningham's noggin only to see him screw it up and put an absolutely unmolested free-header four feet over the bar?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Workie View Post

Ok, we've had our one bad game for the season. Time to give you heads a shake lads and move on.

Also...Cunny gets kicked in the face, and there's no call, but Dichio gets a shit call? WTH? It's just like last year...

One more thing:

I gotta say the turn out at Shoeless tonight was crap. It's no problem making a mid-weak home game, but not a Sunday night away game? There's been a lot mentioned lately about people joining this group because it's "trendy", and that it's becoming a "fan club", but those accusing, among others, can't even make the trek down to our home pub to support our lads away? Sure, it's a Sunday, and we all have to work tomorrow, but seriously, if you're gonna bitch, then do nothing about it, should you really be bitching in the first place?

I've most likely offended people with the above statement, but I stand by it. I'm not trying to start an argument, so feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss it further.
    Sometimes it just can't happen, Mel. Unfortunately, circumstances with work made it such that I had to stay here and get shit done.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cunny sucked except for the lone goal.

Jimmy B was due for a bad game, I have no idea what you mean by "always" but I am assuming you had a brain fart.

We need a striker. And tonight's defence needs to be whipped back into shape. I don't want to see this pathetic effort again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more thing:

I totally agree with you on the Cunny/Dichio calls. WTF? The ref was crap.

Dunno about Shoeless...I was playing down at BMO until 9 (well...I use the term "playing" loosely with my injury and all...) and then I went to watch the rest of the game with a group of TFC fans who were also playing soccer in the west end, otherwise I would have been at Shoeless. But as I understand it, a lot of RPBs aren now meeting at local drinking holes, so I would read too much into the fact that Shoeless wasn't full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on tonight's abysmal performance, Carver will definitely make changes to the starting lineup next week, especially on the back line. BTW, I watched the game at WEGZ sports bar at Jane/Rutherford...12 big screens: 11 showing the NBA finals, 1 showing TFC?!
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 06-08-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pissed that I had to miss out on seeing the game at Shoeless tonight. Seems like I can't make it out to watch away games these days. Grrr!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to make Shoeless, but that whole living in Oshawa thing for a 8 30 start on a Sunday with a 5 15 wake up for work, not gonna happen.

If am less of a supporter for that, sorry :P, I think if I did do it I would need my head checked

But you are 100% right Mrs. Workie, they looked like last yrs edition to a tee, lets just hope Carver can whop some serious ass in that dressing room this week!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to make it to shoeless, but was unable to due to a broken heart at the hands of the Germans. I'm glad I didn't after that disappointing performance (I fell asleep at the end).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta say, that Shoeless employ security that arent the most friendly people, who have prevented me twice from entering the premises, and bounced me around when I tried to take a drink onto the patio (gasp)

fuck Shoeless, it's overpriced and overcrowded, and if they dont want my trade when theyre too busy. they can't fucking have it when theyre not either.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exiled, that issue was made clear at the beginning of the year because of the fact that Shoeless was closed down last year because of overcrowding. Crowd control was necessary.

Truth is, most of us aren't even heading to Shoeless after games, but I will continue to give it my patronage on away or non-game days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this point has been made yet, but I don't think Carver anticipated Houston starting De Rosario up front. Which may have been why he started Dunivant over Robert to help contain DeRo in the midfield. I think he would have started the more experienced Marshall to help with this aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Marvel Wynne got exposed many times marking the wrong guy or maybe he was trying to cover for someone else but he get busted many times out of position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i fell asleep in this match here n there, i was awoken by houston goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Do you mean the Brennan that put an absolutely perfect cross right onto Cunningham's noggin only to see him screw it up and put an absolutely unmolested free-header four feet over the bar?
    I was just going to make the exact same comment, Yes TFC didn't show up to play, and gave away the ball far too often, and were totally intimidated by the Houston forwards and mids. Admit it guys TFC played like shit.
    Get the next few games back, and keep looking for Cunny's replacement!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I go away for one weekend and this is what happens. I was gutted watching the final minutes at my buddies in Thunder Bay. Couldn't fly into Toronto that night but it took an act of God (Tornado warnings, really) to keep me from Shoeless Workie...never again.