KC Wizards: Josh Wolff
    LA Galaxy: Chris Klein
    New England Revolution: Michael Vidiera
    New York Red Bulls: Are Shite
    Real Salt Lake: Will Johnson
    San Jose Earthquakes: Simon Elliot
    Seattle Sounders: Nate Jaqua

Now for abroad:

Canadians: David Edgar, Kevin McKenna, Mike Klukowski, Issey Morgan Nakajima-Ferran, JDG, Patrice Bernier, Jamie Peters, Rob Friend

Americans: Michael Parkhurst, Hunter Freeman.

Other DP Possibilities: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Nuno Gomes.

DO YOU SEE THESE PLAYERS MO!? Stop taking trips to Brasil and call um scouting missions when you don't bring anyone back with you, look in your own backyard for players and if you wanna look abroad, look for players who would want to play for a CANADIAN team. These are all realistic-semi realistic targets, players who would move with the right incentives. Do your fucking job. Wow, you got Julian de Guzman, I could have done that. He's jobless, no solid offers in Europe, and you waived money in his face. You wanna have some credibility, sign solid, consistent MLS grade players who know the game and how to win.

Enough...

Fucking...

AROUND.
    Last edited by ArmenJBX; 09-06-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    MLSE better be very careful handling their fans this year. It could end up similiar to how the raptors were. The fanbase severely dropped after a few losing seasons and ticket hikes, so much so that they forced people to buy raptors seasons if they wanted leafs seasons. Lucky for them, the raptors turned it around.

TFC has a fan base, but how many will stay with season after season of losing, and large ticket price hikes. They better use their heads, instead of their pockets when handling the next year or so.
    I'm done with them..have been for a while.
    Hate to say I told you so about the playoffs, but......
    11th out of 15 teams and they keep ripping of their fans.
    Sounds familiar ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me stir the pot a bit here, lol:

Can anybody tell me how "super" Dichio played last night. I watched the entire game but I didn't see him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck it all......get a proper EXPERIENCED Head Coach....that is what has been required since day fookin one. Its not Rocket Science....go out and spend the money on the best coach available......one with a succesfull TRACK RECORD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    Let me stir the pot a bit here, lol:

Can anybody tell me how "super" Dichio played last night. I watched the entire game but I didn't see him.
    Hahaha not funny!

NO SERVICE and NO POSSESSION= NO DICHIO! If you see him in the post game reactions he sounds more like a coach and seemed nervous when talking about the game and the club, always looking to his left a little as if he was watching someone or something. Most importantly he stated that the team seemed "lethargic before the game" even started which IMO was a little hint to all of us that there is a division of sorts in the locker room.

SUPER DICHIO PLAYED BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE ON THE PITCH LAST NIGHT!

exception.....Frei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    The only thing they see is: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    The really sad part is that all of Mo's so-called "discoveries" that are gonna bank MLSE so much money in the long run were all highly touted prospects already. I mean, if Chivas doesn't pick some Haitian dude who never plays in the first round, we don't get Frei.

But I'm convinced the bottom line increase in asset value is why they like him, and a retarded ape could've made this team money with the conditions it walked into. It's not hard making money selling players that are young and that every NCAA scout on earth thinks have potential.

THat's why Euro teams are beginning more often to skip the middleman and sign guys like Mike Grella and Marcus Tracy directly. So if MLSE thinks they've got decades of millions of dollars of sell-ons because of Mo, they're kidding themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone come with bags over their head next home game, and write FIRE MO on them

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No playoffs again, it seems.

WHAT THE FUCK IS IT GONNA TAKE???!!!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

red cards with sack Mo and Cummins is more apt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    CC has shown his abilities and clearly lack there of. If anyone wants to argue that, then seek help. But what I was thinking about this morning, is why is MO not being held accountable for assigning such a horribly underqualified coach even as Interim. Where is the accountability for MO ??? How come so many people see it but MLSE and Ansalami dont !!!
    Seeing as we like a good conspiracy on this board, I'd like to add one to the mix.

Remember when Carver left, there were a few rumours that Cummins et all had said that if they weren't given their chance in charge then they'd walk. It got mentioned a few times, Cummins mentioned it once in a interview after he got the chance and then it was never mentioned again.

So my theory is that Mo, etc know that Cummins isn't the man for the job and have known it since the start. Mo has already got the new man lined up for next season (which is why he's been given his extension) but they can't announce anything because the new man is currently head coach at another MLS club and they can't do anything till the end of the season.

Oh, and Cummins, etc were getting punted at the end of the season regardless after their little 'put us in charge or we walk' outburst, and the only reason they got the interim job was because we couldn't afford to lose virtually the whole coaching staff in the middle of the season.

You can throw in bits about players not talking to the press, mysterious stories about people not being fit enough for airplane travel and the fans forcing the hand of the FO if you want to liven the story up a bit.

Coming up with conspiracy stories is quite fun actually, I can see now why we have so many.

But yeah, can't see us making the play offs, we suck, Cummins has got to be out on his arse come the end of the season and hopefully somebody decent and experienced in for next season. Please, no more guys who were assistants somewhere else, get a guy in who was actually the manager or head coach somewhere else.
    Last edited by SanStarko; 09-06-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting list. I don't think there's more than one or two guys on this who I'd take if I had my choice from these teams. And I wouldn't pick these as "realistic", since, uh,

-- Rolfe just signed in Europe.
    -- DC paid for Quaranta to get alcohol rehab and he wouldn't leave.
    --Colorado has Omar Cummings and Mehdi Balouchi and you want Valentino? That's nuts.
    -- NO one from the best team in the league? Not Robby Rogers? Not Chad Marshall?
    -- Eric Avila from Dallas I kinda get.
    -- Cam Weaver's a good player, but Geoff Cameron is a potentially world-class player being seriously overlooked.
    --Josh Wolff is seriously old, dude, and has 14 goals in the last four years. How about Davy Arnaud (although, again, I don't think he'd leave) instead?
    -- Chris Klein? He tore his knee two years ago and hasn't been close to the same player. I'd take Sean Franklin 5-1 over him.

Seriously, I'll stop there, but the rest of the list makes no more sense, except for Jaqua, who's a decent (by MLS standards, anyway) target forward.

On your Canadian's list, Jaime Peters is the only remote possibility without DP money being involved. Everyone else on this list makes at least four times what TFC would likely offer them. And Michael Parkhurst and Hunter Freeman are both starting in Scandinavia, making seriously more dough than MLS pays. And Freeman is a middling player at best, anyway.

Seriously, Mo's a fucking idiot, but this is probably not advice he needs. Ruud van Nistelrooy?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBaldX View Post
    Chicago Fire: Chris Rolfe
    Chivas USA: Lance Parker
    Colorado: Rob Valentino
    Kraplumbus Krew: No thank You
    DC United: Santino Quaranta
    FC Dallas: Eric Avila
    Houston Dynamo: Cam Weaver
    KC Wizards: Josh Wolff
    LA Galaxy: Chris Klein
    New England Revolution: Michael Vidiera
    New York Red Bulls: Are Shite
    Real Salt Lake: Will Johnson
    San Jose Earthquakes: Simon Elliot
    Seattle Sounders: Nate Jaqua

Now for abroad:

Canadians: David Edgar, Kevin McKenna, Mike Klukowski, Issey Morgan Nakajima-Ferran, JDG, Patrice Bernier, Jamie Peters, Rob Friend

Americans: Michael Parkhurst, Hunter Freeman.

Other DP Possibilities: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Nuno Gomes.

DO YOU SEE THESE PLAYERS MO!? Stop taking trips to Brasil and call um scouting missions when you don't bring anyone back with you, look in your own backyard for players and if you wanna look abroad, look for players who would want to play for a CANADIAN team. These are all realistic-semi realistic targets, players who would move with the right incentives. Do your fucking job. Wow, you got Julian de Guzman, I could have done that. He's jobless, no solid offers in Europe, and you waived money in his face. You wanna have some credibility, sign solid, consistent MLS grade players who know the game and how to win.

Enough...

Fucking...

AROUND.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's pretty simple boys and girls:

1. We have no natural wingers.

Jimmy B doesn't count, he sucks so bad on the wing it isn't funny.

2. With no wingers we need more creative players at mid. Sanyang is terrible. The guy does nothing well. He always opts for a safety 3-foot back pass to someone in as bad a position as he is. He NEVER turns, NEVER creates anything, he just holds the ball up. His increased involvement on the 1st team is hurting us by preventing any kind of offensive flow or counter-attack. It's like we're playing short handed. He's a poor man's Robbo, and we've already got him.

3. So with no wingers, and no creativity at mid-field, we have a whole whack of strikers (both on the pitch and on the bench) with absolutely nothing to do and no one to give them the ball.

The last 2 matches we've played exclusively at midfield because of lack of creative play and, obviously, generated very few chances. We almost lost in Seatlle due to a late mistake, we lost to Colorado to a late mistake.

We need a dynamic creative player at midfield. Preferably a winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think at the end of day, its about wanting to win.

I am sure MO messaged up in MLSE ranks that the playoffs were seriously at risk when Carver "left", and that he put CC in there because there are no other qualified candidates at the time.

At the same time, he is pitching stadium expansion, they are making a ton of money, they have young prospects who he is touting to MLSE as multi-million dollar transfers. He was he is dangling the offer to JDG, and trying to negotiate a new contract for himself.

So if I was a pure business person, I would buy Mo's pitch, but for anyone who wants to win, they would have said, no buddy, CC is your decision, you are still accountable to make the playoffs, and we will not discuss your contract until after the season when we can evaluate your performance. But alas, no one in MLSE truly cares about winning (or more importantly put a priority on it). That is why CC will be fired at the end of the season, MO will get an extension and the story will continue in 2010.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forza_tfc View Post
    Why can't we pass or cross a ball? Why? WHY?!!
    Because Mo and Chris Traded away all our wingers!
    http://www.onesecondleft.com/ Please visit the one second left blog that I contribute to.

My MLS now includes Montreal... we needed someone to hate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much agree...teams know that all they need to do is clog the middle and we have no one that can burn them on the wing...at least when CC plays that stupid formation with Cronin in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by craz11 View Post
    I think it's pretty simple boys and girls:

1. We have no natural wingers.

Jimmy B doesn't count, he sucks so bad on the wing it isn't funny.

2. With no wingers we need more creative players at mid. Sanyang is terrible. The guy does nothing well. He always opts for a safety 3-foot back pass to someone in as bad a position as he is. He NEVER turns, NEVER creates anything, he just holds the ball up. His increased involvement on the 1st team is hurting us by preventing any kind of offensive flow or counter-attack. It's like we're playing short handed. He's a poor man's Robbo, and we've already got him.

3. So with no wingers, and no creativity at mid-field, we have a whole whack of strikers (both on the pitch and on the bench) with absolutely nothing to do and no one to give them the ball.

The last 2 matches we've played exclusively at midfield because of lack of creative play and, obviously, generated very few chances. We almost lost in Seatlle due to a late mistake, we lost to Colorado to a late mistake.

We need a dynamic creative player at midfield. Preferably a winger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti should get sent home right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ontario Arab View Post
    Vitti should get sent home right away.
    He is getting a long term deal habibi :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    He is getting a long term deal habibi :-)
    Cancel it....he is fookin useless lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While you are cancelling things...can you cancel the Barrett and MO long term deals !

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Here's the thing that has me wondering though... are the players we have really "useless"?

We tinker with this team by bringing in players but haven't found the results.

If you are in 2 must win games (Seattle and Colorado) and your team manages:

- to not score
    - to get a total of 2 shots on goal
    - to accumulate 31 total fouls vs the oppositions combined total of 14
    - to get 2 red cards

... at what point is there beyond just player talent, ie. something systemic? A simple solution is to ship out the whipping boy of the day. A more complex thing is to look at the leadership and veterans that have been assembled and examine that more closely.

Those results speak to an undisciplined, selfish style of play. Who is holding players accountable for that? What is their motivation to step on the field and deliver that? What are players saying to each other? What is the coaching staff saying? What has Mo said, either directly or through agents?

Consider further that this team had a coach quit on them through the season and I've got to wonder what it is like in that room. The "Captain" rarely speaks to the media after losses. Another supposed veteran leader in Dichio was going to be left behind because he supposedly can't handle sitting for more than 5 hours.

To those hell bent on blaming this on talent level, consider Jeff Cunningham.

His stats:

Years Club Apps (Gls)†
    1998–2004 Columbus Crew 182 (62)
    2005 Colorado Rapids 26 (12)
    2006–2007 Real Salt Lake 32 (19)
    2007–2008 Toronto FC 32 (6)
    2008– FC Dallas 28 (13)

... lowest totals were with Toronto. He became a whipping boy and subsequently "found" his game again. Coincidence?

If it is true that ours is a dysfunctional dressing room, simply shipping out players that we deem as less talented will only get the same results next year.
    Last edited by Pookie; 09-06-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    ---edit---

If it is true that ours is a dysfunctional dressing room, simply shipping out players that we deem as less talented will only get the same results next year.
    If we have a dysfunctional dressing room, we have to get rid of the players that are causing that malady. That's why Cunningham was disposed of.

The big question is "who is next?"

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haven't read through the thread yet, so i could well be repeating things, but what a fucking shit sandwich of a performance that was last night.

In interviews beforehand, someone, probably cummins but i'm not sure was talking about how at altitude you can't go out and really press the game at the start otherwise you'll be out of breath really quickly. seems like they really took that to heart and then just never got going at all. No sense of urgency displayed at all.

Frei played well and looked pissed at the general effort, and towards the end de ro was trying to make something happen and looking totally frustrated, but aside from that, not much signs of passion at all.

Why the fuck were we playing so much longball? With Barrett and de Ro up front? shocking.

Nana, he's great defensively, but he really really needs to work on his passing.

Sanyang was a bit unlucky, two fairly weak yellows.

Serioux did not have a good game, he was awful on their goal, and with his sending off, he never should have been in the position where he had to foul their guy. Can't complain about that red card from the ref at all.

Cummins just looked lost out there, though to be fair to him for the first 5 minutes of the second half (presumably after some inspiring half time talk) we were actually passing the ball around well, but that didn't last after they scored.

All in all, very very disappointing, 1 point form 3 games on the road trip and I really can't see playoffs happening right now.
    Last edited by Darlofletch; 09-06-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    If we have a dysfunctional dressing room, we have to get rid of the players that are causing that malady. That's why Cunningham was disposed of.

The big question is "who is next?"
    Funny that you say this. If you listen to Dero's post game speech he indicates that everyone needs to give 100% commitment to winning and that this is not happening. In Dichio's post game speech he tells us that the team was lethargic before the game even started. Who and/or what is causing this is the real question. My concern is that it is not just one player that is causing all the dissension but more a group of players and/or coaches/management causing all of this.

Bottom line here is that there is plenty of unprofessional behaviour going on at all levels and, as mentioned above, no accountability, leaving us sitting on the outside looking in, as we watch our hopes for the playoffs and our team fall apart.

The way this club has been run under MO has been disgraceful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    NOW if your a true tfc fan you would go to BMO and watch your team play even when times are rough with the team, so i think your completely wrong saying not to show up at BMO totally wrong

I WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT TFC EVEN IF WRE NOT IN PLAYOFF POSITIONS
    Where the hell do you think I am? Detroit?

I'm not exactly a stone's throw away from Toronto, and while I don't have the fucking funds to travel back and forth to watch shitty football I still do what I can by looking for shitty online streams on my shitty computer every week to cheer on the team I've rooted for since day fucking one.

Sorry for the rant. Nothing personal, I'm still pissed off after last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    Where the hell do you think I am? Detroit?

I'm not exactly a stone's throw away from Toronto, and while I don't have the fucking funds to travel back and forth to watch shitty football I still do what I can by looking for shitty online streams on my shitty computer every week to cheer on the team I've rooted for since day fucking one.

Sorry for the rant. Nothing personal, I'm still pissed off after last night.
    sounds like you're having a shitty day!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    Why the fuck were we playing so much longball? With Barrett and de Ro up front? shocking.

Sanyang was a bit unluck, two fairly weak yellows.

Serioux did not have a good game, he was awful on their goal, and with his sending off, he never should have been in the position where he had to foul their guy. Can't complain about that red card from the ref at all.

Cummins just looked lost out there, though to be fair to him for the first 5 minutes of the second half (presumably after some inspiring half time talk) we were actually passing the ball around well, but that didn't last after they scored.
    Yea I was going to comment on the longball... It makes no sense... it's life a dump-and-chase in hockey against an aggressive goalie like Turco... YOUR NOT GETTING THINGS THROUGH... Why are you continuing to try it? How many times can you bang your head against a wall before you stop?!

Sanyang I chalk up to youthfull inexperience.... I can accept it... Youthfull aggression, wanting to assert himself in the leauge... I hope he's learned his lesson (in fact he looked rather distraught after it)

Serioux on the otherhand... WTF
    Guy's a veteran... has a history of making stupid plays like that, and didn't again...
    I've never met him, but he even comes off as a douchebag in interviews. I really don't like his attitude problem, and that says alot since I can (suprisingly) live with amado's little temper-tantrum's everytime he things he gets fouled.

Tyronne Marshall where are you???

Seriously... The best CB we've ever had... hands down.
    Can outdo Serioux any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate how people are bitching about Sanyang when he's 17 (18?) fucking years old.

Despite his bad game last night he's an upgrade over Velez.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=jloome;703062]......

I'll say it until I'm blue in the damn face: we have a team loaded with technique, but also loaded with 10-cent heads. And a dime won't buy you jack shit nowadays, let alone a playoff berth.

.....quote]

patrick kane would disagree with you. Now there's a man that knows the value of a dime or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I think Mo secured an extension as soon as he managed to con Rangers into buying Edu. All of this JDG crap is bullshit. What a joke that we've been fighting for a playoffs spot for so long yet we still haven't signed a designated player. Fuck JDG. We should a pursued a player who was actually willing to play here rather than dicking around trying to find a better deal in Europe. Of course all of this is assuming that Mo was actually interested in signing a DP in the first place.

Either way, I'm tired of getting mad at the players and the coach. Yes the players are shit. Yes the coach is shit. But so what? As long as Mo remains the man in charge, what are the chances that the replacement players and coaches will be any better? Actually it is probably not that hard to sign a coach with a better pedigree than Cummins but either way, Mo has not shown anything that leads me to believe he has a one month plan let alone a 5 year plan.