Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    - there are already a lot of people on the waiting list for tickets, don't they get a crack at tickets before the general public?

- so, the cost of the membership would probably be exactly the same as the amount you save on the jersey. So unless you plan on getting other swag, there is no point.
    Ya, right now us red listers and gold only get 2nd shot for friendlies and CCL matches. Sure it's something but thanks to the scalpers, and short of stadium expansion and the prices NOT being jacked up will this list ever move?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    As VPjr said...have a say in a meaningful way. If so, I'd be on board.

If it's just a cash grab...count me out.

For the record, I am a club member for FC Barcelona.
    +1 or +2 or is it +3?
    Having a TFC email is a nice idea, as well as discounts at the team shop but membership share/voting is what really matters.
    I personally don't care much for a dvd, magazine or yet ANOTHER scarf. 3 is enough personally...

Warning though, if this means TFC TV or MLS stories will essentially be subscrption based this is going to piss off a LOT of people...

However if this means theirs going to be special events like members only practice sessions and Q+A sessions with the players/staff you could be onto something.

But most of all it depends on the price of membership. You can't charge Chelsea prices. $5-10 is no biggie really (depends on what is being offered obviously) but $20+ is waaay too much.
    It depends on what kind of value/benefit is being offered.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like the point of this was to ask people for ideas on what they might want in a club membership, not for people to get on their anti-profit soapboxes again.

- Access to a block of single tickets every game would be nice for non-STH's.
    - A meaningful vote on the club's direction every few years, and maybe on some major decisions.
    - Club email address
    - Exclusive access to club events involving players and such.
    - Do NOT make it a forced purchase, to get season tickets

I'd be willing to pay anywhere from $35-$50, if my membership gave me some form of direct input into the direction of the club. If it's just going to be souvenir booklets, DVDs, and stuff like that, then I'm not really interested. Those things would be nice in ADDITION to having a meaningful vote.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't pay more than $20,

i'd be willing to pay $50, if I was guaranteed a chance to buy tickets to the supporters section for 4 games.

I would demand the right to vote on a hire/fire the president (this being Richard Peddie of MLSE) (this is unconditional and I hope it everyone TFC fan would agree in making this unconditional) as well as for Mo Johnston's job.

I would demand whoever is managing the team (CC's position) to make himself available for 2 hours, 2 nights before a match for an online chat with fans where we can ask questions and he give us answers (moderated of course)

I would demand financial documents showing TFC has done in the past making/losing money and projections for the future

I would demand free access to an open practice (once a month)

and finally

I would demand TFC to make a strong effort to reduce the number of tickets available to scalpers as well as effectively police their grounds and the entire CNE pushing scalpers off CNE property, getting them way away from the ground (Last time I checked it is illegal in Canada to sell tickets to an event at above the listed face value) - (correct me if im wrong-i thought i saw a bylaw of some sort somewhere)

if i got all 5 of those demands (as well as access to getting tickets to 4 games), i'd be willing to fork over 100-125 bucks
    Last edited by prizby; 08-27-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is PB trying to distract us ... they are not going to offer us dicounted beer or voting on team decisions ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see a scenario where they let us vote on Mo's position, but they will never, ever let us vote for the President of MLSE.

Though I think it would be interesting of Raps, Leafs, and TFC membership holders were collectively allowed to vote on the MLSE President every 3 years, lets say.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will it prevent tickets from falling into/staying in the hands of scalpers and brokers?

Because that's the only real benefit I can see of a scheme like this, assuming it were possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I could see a scenario where they let us vote on Mo's position, but they will never, ever let us vote for the President of MLSE.

Though I think it would be interesting of Raps, Leafs, and TFC membership holders were collectively allowed to vote on the MLSE President every 3 years, lets say.

- Scott
    its pretty simple, want us to pay for membership, i want some collateral, and it starts at the top, maybe some consulation-vote for a board member spot

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put down the bong Prizby!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting day to start this thread.

I want members to vote on which players fly to west coast games.

(Will post more complete answer to thread question later.)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCtoMUFC View Post
    So if I understand what you are saying, we would elect someone to speak on our behalf on some board with the team? If so I like that.
    LOL

Isn't that what we do here??

If you were an RPB member that is basically what we are doing here. An exec gets elected and they duke it out with the club.

FYI: King Dave will be running for next season... not sure for what... but he's got my vote as long as he is sober =P
    Last edited by FluSH; 08-27-2009 at 05:19 PM.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    LOL

Isn't that what we do here??

If you were an RPB member that is basically what we are doing here. An exec gets elected and they duke it out with the club.

FYI: King Dave will be running for next season... not sure for what... but he's got my vote as long as he is sober =P
    Sorry that I am new here.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    The primary purpose of a membership scheme is to create new revenue streams for the club. Sadly, I think a lot of people (especially ones with kids) will buy into something like this.

When Toronto FC was created, they did a very good job of "making people feel part of the club" and the way they did it was through legitimate interaction with the fans, not trumped up membership programs.

Club transparency, quality product for a good price, pub crawls, the 90th minute etc. These were real ways that fans felt like they were part of the club.

1) This "membership" would never be like the madrid membership, because their club is like a co-op. The fans vote in the president of the team. MLSE would never do this..ever.

2) Membership for tickets makes the club exclusive - since the beginning one of the great things about TFC was their inclusiveness...all for one?

3) You already give us an exclusive SSH scarf and if we want DVD's etc, we can buy them (or download them )

My advice would be to TFC to step back, see what the club has done in 3 years and go right back to square one. The club needs to look back to what made them a success in the first place, not to European membership schemes which clubs like liverpool admit are basically a way to increase revenue to catch up to bigger (financially) clubs
    I just want to add a note to my post.

I didn't post the above to be negative, whiney or confrontational with the club. I'm trying to help and I'm trying to offer my opinion on how the club can be better. I still care a lot about TFC and I want to see it become a huge success...I want Paul, Cesar and the FO to win awards for great service, I want the newspapers to write glowing articles about cool things the club is doing. I just want them to do things like they did in the beginning.

I think there are a lot of year one $50 deposit that feel the same way as I do on this subject.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Personally, I have no interest in paying anything ABOVE what I'm already paying for my season tickets. If it's included for SSH's then fine, otherwise, piss off with the extra fees thanks.
    Amen brother.
    I think it's insane that we may need to pay a fee in order to buy tickets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a One United Member, being one allowed you to 'Apply' for tickets to home games. Thus, in order to do this, all Single seat sales must be controlled through the membership program.

Obviously I see the benefit to the club, as you could have 10,000 people pay $5-10 for the chance to get allocated tickets, but it also keeps it fair for everyone.

Also, MUFC One United membership allows you access to the STH ticket trader (through viagogo). Only club membership people can get a MUFC viagogo account. This, it's liking getting access to the Ticket Trader that currently exists to only STH. I think this would be a great feature for Non-STH, cause I feel a lot of these tickets don't get picked up, or the channel is too narrow when other people shoudl have access.

The One United membershiip pack wasn't that great...depends on how loony you are for swag:
    - MUFC Pen : lame
    - MUFC beverage sleeve : nice!
    - MUFC keychain bottle opener : ok
    - Membership car wth name : nifty
    - 07/08 Yearbook : this thing is amazing..thick book covering the entire season, every game chronoicled, tons of matchday info, pictures, match reports, and numerous features. Must Have.

There might have been some other stuff but I forget. Anyway the main benefits of a membership system for me are:
    - Application for Tickets, Allocation of away tickets.
    - Access to Members Ticket Trader

Everything else is just fluff that other people may like though, special events, offers, etc.

STH fit into another category, they are automatically members and should get any of the free swag as part of their STH package + extras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    Put down the bong Prizby!!!

never have ever used one in my life, never will, but don't lie i had some good suggestions (chat with CC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

does getting into the group stages of the CL come with the membership?

grass?

we're fine with what we have now as far as swag and such go.

getting on the ticket trader would be good for non season ticket holders.... that's it really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like my season tickets should arrive with any available benefits, but I think the club could do a much better job with reaching out to kids. I go to every game, but my young boys only a handful and they'd love to feel more engaged with the club. Some sort of kids' membership would make sense to me and use it to strengthen ties to the academy as well as the Senior squad. My six-year old would be thrilled to feel part of the academy somehow - junior member, whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prizby, I like your suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    I was a One United Member, being one allowed you to 'Apply' for tickets to home games. Thus, in order to do this, all Single seat sales must be controlled through the membership program.

Obviously I see the benefit to the club, as you could have 10,000 people pay $5-10 for the chance to get allocated tickets, but it also keeps it fair for everyone.

Also, MUFC One United membership allows you access to the STH ticket trader (through viagogo). Only club membership people can get a MUFC viagogo account. This, it's liking getting access to the Ticket Trader that currently exists to only STH. I think this would be a great feature for Non-STH, cause I feel a lot of these tickets don't get picked up, or the channel is too narrow when other people shoudl have access.

The One United membershiip pack wasn't that great...depends on how loony you are for swag:
    - MUFC Pen : lame
    - MUFC beverage sleeve : nice!
    - MUFC keychain bottle opener : ok
    - Membership car wth name : nifty
    - 07/08 Yearbook : this thing is amazing..thick book covering the entire season, every game chronoicled, tons of matchday info, pictures, match reports, and numerous features. Must Have.

There might have been some other stuff but I forget. Anyway the main benefits of a membership system for me are:
    - Application for Tickets, Allocation of away tickets.
    - Access to Members Ticket Trader

Everything else is just fluff that other people may like though, special events, offers, etc.

STH fit into another category, they are automatically members and should get any of the free swag as part of their STH package + extras.
    This. Exactly (I was also a One United Member as well).

For non STH, access to the ticket trader, and priority on single match tickets.

For a current STH, there is nothing to offer us to make this appealing. We already get most of the perks clubs offer for free (or built in to the STH cost already).

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post

I would demand the right to vote on a hire/fire the president (this being Richard Peddie of MLSE) (this is unconditional and I hope it everyone TFC fan would agree in making this unconditional)
    well the same would have to be offered to Leafs, Raptors and Marlies STH's, since those teams fall under the same umbrella.

but whatever... obviously this isn't happening... but I figured I would comment on it anyway.

just for funzies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C_B's comments are spot on.

Shouldn't I already be in some sort of club by being a season ticketholder?
    I've been sending you guys cash since Nov 2006.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    This. Exactly (I was also a One United Member as well).

For non STH, access to the ticket trader, and priority on single match tickets.

For a current STH, there is nothing to offer us to make this appealing. We already get most of the perks clubs offer for free (or built in to the STH cost already).
    I like Joel's post as well.
    Makes some sense... for non-STH's.

This is something that should be offered to everyone on the ST waiting list and general public.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would the membership come with a free subcription of Goal tv canada?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

membership shouldn't be used to limit what we as fans can already do, ie buy tickets.

I think STH should automatically be members, everybody else has to pay.

part of me likes giving members a say in club matters via a vote, though that can be dangerous.

the other point, which joel brought up is access to the STH ticket trader site for non STH's.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Special access to "partner" deals - e.g. 10% of a Samsung TV, 5% off of GOL TV, free appetizer at a pub, etc. You know you want to do this! You can even get your partners to pay you for it.
    2. Maybe one big exclusive event per year (e.g. presentation of our new DP at BMO Field).
    3. A regular magazine with annual DVD, mailed to our homes, not the Free Kick crap. The DVD should have all of the games in 6 minutes on it.
    4. The ability to vote out the business manager every 4 years (just kidding )

Any such membership should be reasonably priced. Remember RPB membership is only $20 for new members and has a lot of benefits, so why should we go for yours unless had has a good benefit/cost ratio?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-27-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People here want a vote and a say on how the club is run, the president, GM or whatever, but how many of you big shots are willing to really pay for it. When they increase south end seats by $50 bucks the human cry is heard accross the globe because you poor souls are paying $300 bucks for seasons, when it costs that much for a monthly GO train pass.

SO...

Depends how much money you think you can sell these memberships for Paul, say you expect 5000 people to sign up for the membership and you expect them to pay $40 per, thats 200K.

What I think: Are there 200 people out there that would pay $1000 per to be club members that vote in the Club President every year ? My guess is that there are 500 people who would pay $1000 bucks each/year. Thats 500K, I think 500K (15% of the club salary) should buy a voice in the club.
    Last edited by wzhxvy; 08-27-2009 at 07:55 PM.

Mikey

Would membership mean not getting screwed out of your pre-paid friendly when ML$E accidently lands a major club?

Already feel like we will be paying prem prices for pub team footie in a year or two, so a membership card for the right to buy your own season tickets fits right in.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    People here want a vote and a say on how the club is run, the president, GM or whatever, but how many of you big shots are willing to really pay for it. When they increase south end seats by $50 bucks the human cry is heard accross the globe because you poor souls are paying $300 bucks for seasons, when it costs that much for a monthly GO train pass.
    It's not about the $300.

When I buy a monthly GO pass, it's so I can get to work and generate income. TFC on the other hand is entertainment that we spend our heard earned income on, and if the club continues to put crap on the field, we can speak with our wallets. Ticket sales will go down, along with beer and concession stand sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    The primary purpose of a membership scheme is to create new revenue streams for the club. Sadly, I think a lot of people (especially ones with kids) will buy into something like this.

When Toronto FC was created, they did a very good job of "making people feel part of the club" and the way they did it was through legitimate interaction with the fans, not trumped up membership programs.

Club transparency, quality product for a good price, pub crawls, the 90th minute etc. These were real ways that fans felt like they were part of the club.

1) This "membership" would never be like the madrid membership, because their club is like a co-op. The fans vote in the president of the team. MLSE would never do this..ever.

2) Membership for tickets makes the club exclusive - since the beginning one of the great things about TFC was their inclusiveness...all for one?

3) You already give us an exclusive SSH scarf and if we want DVD's etc, we can buy them (or download them )

My advice would be to TFC to step back, see what the club has done in 3 years and go right back to square one. The club needs to look back to what made them a success in the first place, not to European membership schemes which clubs like liverpool admit are basically a way to increase revenue to catch up to bigger (financially) clubs
    I share your view. However, I think that if done right membership could lead toward your stated goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think by paying a fee that MLSE is going to allow a group to have a say in any matter pertaining to any of their interests, you are all real conissieurs of crack. But I would pay a membership fee to be allow to dressup like this on game days;

CLUB TRANSPERANCY, I would pay a fee if they spent it on a proper PR department. I am not asking for the teams secrets but quit the BS. seriously